+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 26 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast
Like Tree334Likes

Thread: 10/1 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 10/1 DWTS Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

If there's any justice in the world, Bristol really should go home this week. And I'm basing that solely on the quality of the dancing. She just isn't at the same level as the rest of them.
    BTW, karalott, JunkieGirl and 3 others like this.

I would like to officially volunteer to wrap Gilles hamstring.
    karalott, ness and Midol like this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    I'm thinking Bristol and Drew in the Bottom 2
    I think it will be Bristol and whoever doesn't have the fan support, since the rest of them are reasonably close together. It wouldn't surprise me if it were Drew, however.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I wish I knew what pain meds Gilles is taking. Mine are good, but not that good.

And he still didn't get a nine, but Sabrina did? Anyone want to bet he still outlasts her?
    Oh, definitely. This will get old. That dance totally deserved 9s, or at least to tie Sabrina. That's crap. Maybe her fanbase really isn't that big. She won't win, and I'll be surprised if she's in the finals.

Bristol seems the most likely to go based on scores and dancing, but probably won't. Hopefully I'm wrong. I'd say Drew, Joey or Melissa, only because Melissa went first, and her routine was underwhelming. I wouldn't have given that 8s.
    ness and jucamer like this.

None of my votes are going through. Anyone else having similar challenges?

Kudos to the judges for being able to evaluate Gilles. I was too distracted by Peta. She's so masculine, and then the extra 12"-high hair pile on top makes her look so severe...
    The whole time when I shoulda been watching Gilles I just kept thinking Cruella Deville/ Bridgette Nielson. She is definitely unique. I guess I just don't like that look, it's too distracting for me. Good luck Gilles.
    ness, Tobi and judibug like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I got all my votes in. It was harder tonight than it was last week. Must be a lot more people voting! Only about 1 of my 3 votes tonight went through but eventually I dialed my limit.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Masterchef 5, So You Think You Can Dance 11
    Upcoming Pools: Project Runway 13 Registration Deadline: July 31st

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just starting here in the desert. Isn't it funny that when Tony uses his face to emphasize the dance steps, it doesn't bother me. When "someone else" does it, it's fingernails on a chalkboard because it totally overwhelms the dance steps.
    karalott, ness and chrisg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Agree to disagree, but I don't agree that I'm basing this simply on Emmitt's comment or that I'm being unfair to him. I have very clearly said that I don't hold anything against Emmitt personally. I simply hate that kind of comment in general, no matter who makes them and I wish no one would make them. And it really doesn't matter if he'd make them about other football players too, because that's not what he did tonight, not to mention the fact that it's very different to make jokes about your own sport as opposed to someone else's. Tonight he made it clear that he wouldn't be intimidated by a speed skater because he'd had three hundred pound football players chase him. Well, I've seen competitors' blades go straight through speed skaters' ankles. I think that's plenty intimidating in its own way, and I truly wish people would stop comparing sports--even jokingly--with an undercurrent of the idea that some are just naturally tougher than others, because they're not.

This isn't about Emmitt, at least not to me. He only happened to be the one who made the comment tonight. I'm just sick and tired of such comments being made by anyone who plays a "popular" sport about a less "popular" sport, because even when they're jokes, they perpetuate thinking that's inaccurate and unfair.
    Well, this clearly hits a nerve with you and I appreciate your saying it is not about Emmitt because as someone who has followed Emmitt Smith for twenty years, he absolutely has made jokes like that about his fellow football players -- so I just in no way see it strictly in that paradigm.

And I also agree to disagree on any other future jock jokes Emmitt Smith probably will make, because he is nothing if not a jock joke kind of guy and a guy who will make alpha competitive jokes in general but that is not all that he is, because I also have seen his great heart for many years -- and it is a huge one -- and I would be very surprised if Apolo and Helio did not consider him that way as well.

And, just to add to that, one of the limitations of DWTS is that I don't really believe you get to see the full measure of a person in the little clips that they do but Emmitt is someone that I know volumes about so I apologize for annoying people for rambling on about him now (and again for future reference) but I believe it paints a fuller picture. And if Emmitt was a jerk, I would definitely not bother. I truly believe in his overall character or I would have moved on from him a long time ago.

Now, I have to get back to my current day Cowboys because they rarely do well post-Emmitt and are losing tonight. I'll check back in after I watch the rest of the show on DVR, it sounds like some interesting things await me.
    kattatude and LuckyMom like this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by moflan View Post
    None of my votes are going through. Anyone else having similar challenges?
    Got all mine in. Phone and online.

I would like to officially volunteer to wrap Gilles hamstring
    You will have to fight me for that job
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread