+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree336Likes

Thread: 9/25 DWTS Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/25 DWTS Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

aw, I was sad to see Pam & Tristan go home, first. Especially, Tristan, I'll miss him saying 'me' instead of 'my', like he did before---> "it's me job." people with accents are so charming. LOL <3

I'm not surprised that Bristol was saved, because, well look at her first season. As sad as it sounds, I think I'm already mentally prepare for her to go far (but hopefully not!) as she did make her way to the final 3 before.

Quick question, do they still have the dance duel thing for this season?

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    That doesn't go along with my F2.

Who else are you hoping for in F2?

My pick... Melissa and Emit... or Kelly and Emit...
    Queen Kirstie and Emmitt. I like the fact that Emmitt is with the same partner he won with last time.
    jucamer and I'm here like this.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Quick question, do they still have the dance duel thing for this season?
    Only if the producers decide to throw it in later in the season to control the outcome.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

I have a huge favor, can someone make an av of Joey and Drew when they were talking backstage on last nights show? Preferably smiling? I would LOVE to have an av to support my boyband boys
    "Love is not a fight, but it's something worth fighting for"- Warren Barfield

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Thats the problem with this show... allowing the viewers to vote. Sadly, if a person has more fans... they win. The show should fix that. The viewers should be allowed to vote... but the judges who actually know what they are looking for in a dance... should have a bigger part in who stays or goes. But.. I guess that is why they had the dance off part.

The process should be obvious... bad dancers GO... good dancers GO ON...
    The reason why this is dancing with the (purported) stars is that fan bases do come into it. Anyone who wants to watch dancing purely for its own sake can go to PBS and watch pro competitions.
    ness, justCoz, KrazeeKy07 and 2 others like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    The reason why this is dancing with the (purported) stars is that fan bases do come into it. Anyone who wants to watch dancing purely for its own sake can go to PBS and watch pro competitions.

Naaaaa... thats too boring! They are all GREAT dancers on PBS. DWTS brings a bit of fun to the show... watching a supposed non dancer turn into a great dancer. It just sucks when a bad dancer gets to the end because they have more fans than another.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I think these were definately the bottom 3. They don't start saying the "not necessarily in bottom 3" until later, when down to fewer couples. They didn't say this tonight. I went back to listen, just to make sure.
    My impression was that Drew, Pam and Bristol were all "in jeapardy" but it was not said that they were the "bottom 3". It was clearly said that Drew and Pam were the "bottom 2." So my take was that Drew was in the bottom 2 but Bristol was not necessarily in the bottom 3. I didn't rewind to check.

Giles is not my type

Sorry, not trying to be snarky at all -- and I'm glad people have different tastes or we'd all be chasing after the same people -- but I pretty much literally just had that reaction upon first reading those words and just couldn't help oversharing.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Since I'm at work, I don't have a choice If The Voice wasn't on, we'd totally be tuning in for DWTS.
    Oh, sorry, Kara, I didn't realize you were at work.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I'm trying to go just by the dancing, so unfortunately, Pam and Bristol were in the bottom for me. And I only say unfortunately because I'd like more exclusive viewing of Tristan and Mark. I will have to go search the gossip rags but I totally missed out on what happened to Sabrina and Mark? Obviously, not a couple any more? (Likely for years, where have I been?!)

Another sign of aging but I was sitting here all WTH about those drop-crotch leather pants Justin Bieber was wearing. Like...I just don't get style today, I guess. He sure kept having to check that there was anything going on up there, too, the "dancing" was really bugging me. Old person rant over, I will stick to results only in future. ;-)

Last season was pretty much the final straw in my love for dwts. I am so sick of the judges and their inconsistency that it isn't as enjoyable as it once was.

I did watch (with generous fast forwarding) Monday night and noted that CA and Bruno still make inappropriate comments and less qualified contestants skate by (cough *Bristol* cough.)

One thing I have to say about Bristol's "fanbase," however. I was talking to my daughter in Texas about the show a while back and she told me how she had voted like crazy for Bristol when she was on before. I was shocked and a little rude with my come back. She said that she voted for Bristol not politically but because she was an underdog and was relatable to a young mom (such as my daughter) with a "girl next door" quality so she and her friends gave her all their votes. She may have some support that's political, but by no means does it appear that all her support is such. This was something I hadn't considered before. (She also reminded me, when I complained that Bristol wasn't as good as dancers who were earlier eliminations, "They don't say vote for the best dancer. They say vote for the one you want to stick around.)

I'll probably still watch, off and on, and cheer for my favorites who, in this case are as much the pros as the celebs. The "All-Stars" did seem like a good idea at first, but after the "Stars" were cast, I found my self less excited about seeing people who had already won going up against people like Pam and Bristol. Also, when Sabrina was cast, I knew the "fix" was in.

You can also place me as one of the few who isn't made all gooey inside by Giles - he just doesn't do it for me - and I think the finalist will boil down to him, Emmitt and, possibly, Sabrina or Apollo. Yawn.

+ Reply to Thread