+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree336Likes

Thread: 9/25 DWTS Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Regular

Re: 9/25 DWTS Result Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    We all see things differently. I thought Bristol was much better than Pam.
    Bristol was not only better than Pam, but also Kirstie who looked heavy-footed and lumbering.
    I didn't want to miss the elimination last night while having dinner w/friends, so I persuaded everyone to watch DWTS. When they saw the brief dance clip of Maks awkwardly dragging Kirstie on her back, across the floor like a sack of potatoes, everyone burst out laughing.
    Maks must have included the move to kill time, but it looked so cumbersome.
    No one on DWTS has the personality or star power Kirstie does so undoubtedly her fan base will carry her, but it's going to drive people crazy as better dancers are eliminated before she is. It was great seeing her look so happy as she joked w/Maks and Val at the end of show Monday night in spite of her low score, she's got a good perspective on what's important and what's not.
    Last edited by SsnWard; 09-26-2012 at 07:44 AM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    He knew last night when he was talking about her boobs.

Never heard Mark do that. Gilles never would do that. Gilles is the gentleman though
    In one of the preview rehearsal clips we were given, Gilles went on and on with sexy remarks about Peta until her face was red and she was clearly uncomfortable. She is beautiful, and he is French, but he might want to watch the extent of the remarks made. Because he wanted no gossip about Cheryl and him, last time Gilles was very careful about the kinds of remarks he made and the way he conducted himself around Cheryl apart from the obvious dance interactions. He was also extremely careful to include remarks and actions about his wife and family. As a result, he not only came across clearly as a family man, but also as a gentleman and definitely not smarmy.

Drew looked stunned to be in the bottom two. Over the seasons, we have learned enough to tell from the wording when it is the "true" bottom two. Since he ended up in the bottom two, he must have been wondering just who was voting all these years for his freestyle dance as the all time DWTS favorite.

Just watched Pam/Tristan on Jimmy Kimmel. Apparently she was traveling a lot this past month and that the show never sent out Tristan to where she was, therefore they didn't get all the practice time that others got. I find that strange, because other celebs and their pros travel together all the time. Wonder who she pissed off or if the show really didn't want her on?
    If her schedule was such , she was so so busy & couldn't rehearse , don't do DWTS, she shouldn't have said yes. I read that she was in Rio, they should send him to Rio?? Hmmm she isn't that big of a star, or that good of a dancer., besides she's supposed to be rehearsing to take on the part of Roxie in Chicago.That part carries the show, so I doubt if Pam will be doing that
    As for the ratings, DWTS which at one time boasted over 20 million viewers is down to about 16 million with the premiere. Guess casting Bristol & Sabrina didn't improve their ratings after all. I really thought that AS would bring back old viewers and more viewers.
    The Voice eats any and all competition. If DWTS was on when some other good shows are on( Monday is fairly safe for them) they would cancel the show. If Apolo, Gilles, and Emmit cant bring the ratings up, nothing will.Although I never thought an AS was a good idea.

Bristol was not only better than Pam, but also Kirstie who looked heavy-footed and lumbering.
    I didn't want to miss the elimination last night while having dinner w/friends, so I persuaded everyone to watch DWTS. When they saw the brief dance clip of Maks awkwardly dragging Kirstie on her back, across the floor like a sack of potatoes, everyone burst out laughing.
    I think that was to kill time. She was very out of breath, and yes, it was funny
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 09-26-2012 at 09:30 AM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Nothing surprising about last night's results. I still think Tristan got robbed in the partner department. They need to give him someone young and vibrant next season!

Not sure what is up with Kirstie. Not to be mean, but she looks like she packed back on the pounds she lost. I wonder what happened with the diet line she came up with and started hawking after her season? Love her personality though.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Nothing surprising about last night's results. I still think Tristan got robbed in the partner department. They need to give him someone young and vibrant next season!

Not sure what is up with Kirstie. Not to be mean, but she looks like she packed back on the pounds she lost. I wonder what happened with the diet line she came up with and started hawking after her season? Love her personality though.
    She a lot thinner now. I didn't realize this until they showed a brief clip of her last season.

I bet Kirstie will drop the pounds if she manages to stay on the show. She has said often that she does well with weight loss when she's focused on a project. It won't take much to put her in a very thin condition IMO.

Just catching up with the show and the board.

Monday's show flew by. Tuesday's dragged. Too much filler. Better use of time would have been to have everyone dance a second dance before eliminations.

Sad to see Pam go because she can be fun and at least has a career that justifies her being on DWTS...although not necessarily AS. Nevertheless, she was the worst so I have no problem with her being the one to hit the road. Feel bad for Tristian and hope he gets a half decent partner next season.

Not really surprised that Bristol or Drew were in the "bottom". Just hope that Bristol is the next to go and this does not turn into her first season all over again where politics trumped horrible dancing. NB...While it can be annoying that fans of a particular dancer keep said dancer in the mix, while better dancers are voted off, at least that is because that person has a career or personality/humour/charm/sex appleal or all of those that keep them there. That is part of the show and I accept that. Having someone on there who has no business being on there in the first place, and in addition, sucks at dancing and has little personality, being voted for because of who her mother is and what she represents, well...that is trully annoying.

As for the rest, seeing all of the other top dancers together, truly does separate the contenters from the pretenders. These people have all danced before so this first week should have been really good since they had more time for practice than they will have from now on. The earlier participants have a disadvantage because some have not danced in a while and did not get to dance the variety of dances that the last few seasons have. I think next week will really help clear up the distinction between the two.

I'm going with the boys in the finals...Emmitt and Gilles I think will be duking it out in the end, with either Helio or Apolo fighting for that third spot. Long shot one of the ladies might make up that third...Shawn or Kirsty. My money will be on Emmitt just because he has a good fan base (as does Cheryl) , has natural dance ability, sex appleal and oodles of charm.

Here's to what promises to be a good season!!! Bring on the sparkle, fringe and whacky costumes. Bets on who will bring on the fringe pants first?
    Florimel likes this.
    Try to be as nice a person as your dog thinks you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Midol View Post
    . Bets on who will bring on the fringe pants first?
    Karina!

Quote Originally Posted by SsnWard View Post
    Maks must have included the move to kill time, but it looked so cumbersome.
    No one on DWTS has the personality or star power Kirstie does so undoubtedly her fan base will carry her, but it's going to drive people crazy as better dancers are eliminated before she is. It was great seeing her look so happy as she joked w/Maks and Val at the end of show Monday night in spite of her low score, she's got a good perspective on what's important and what's not.
    She did indeed look like a sack of potatoes! And no doubt she is only on the show to lose more weight and promote her weight loss program.
    I was soooooo hoping she was the persoon to get the boot first... I guess its something to look forward to for next week.

I for one would have rather seen Pam go on.... for the main reason to see Tristan. I think he is a great dancer... but sadly we don't get to see much of it as he keeps getting bad partners.

I'm hoping for Bristol and Kirstie to be in the bottom two next week... with Kirstie going then Bristol can follow.

Then we will have the best of the best left... with a great fight to the mirror ball.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Val was hysterical! He had no clue what he was saying could be interpreted the way it will be, by some who just like to take issue. His command of the English language does not extend to include innuendo or subtle cultural references. I hope he continues, nice comic relief.
    It was just awkward!!!!! And he kept digging deeper and deeper....
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread