+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 39 FirstFirst ... 282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree357Likes

Thread: 9/24 DWTS All Stars: Premiere **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 9/24 DWTS All Stars: Premiere **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought Bristol showed up. I thought Pam did not show up. She left earlier in her season, and I dont recall her doing anything recently on TV or anywhere else. Perhaps they didn't have that many that wanted to return.
    YES! In Pamela's first season, I was dreading her, but she tried & worked & actually did a fairly respectable job. But last night was a joke! She was doing a pretty decent imitation of <shudder> Master P! And she looked like a badly aging tramp!
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fan

So proud of Bristol, she looks fabulous and did great! So happy to see her back with Mark, no doubt she'll stick around and continue to improve

Gilles was the best of the night, he's gonna be the one to beat for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by hmauterson View Post
    Actually I believe Kelly won the dance off too. There were those that though that John was a better dancer and so they had the dance off and Kelly won both.
    I thought it was John who won the dance off, 77 - 74. I remembered tonight why I didn't much like Kelly the first time out. Wish Val had gotten a better partner because I'd like to see him with someone who has a little more enthusiasm. Count me among those who wish they'd invited John back instead of Kelly.

Bruno's antics really annoy me, but at least he knows what he's talking about technically. Carrie Ann is just useless.

The ones I'll enjoy watching this season are Gilles, Emmitt, Apolo, Drew, Helio, Joey, Shawn, and Kirstie. For the first time ever, I find that I like every one of the guys.
    '
    Midol likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by zookeepertx View Post
    YES! In Pamela's first season, I was dreading her, but she tried & worked & actually did a fairly respectable job. But last night was a joke! She was doing a pretty decent imitation of <shudder> Master P! And she looked like a badly aging tramp!
    pretty much, yes she did.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

To put it bluntly: They invited her back. She needed the money so she took the job. Blame the production staff for inviting her JUST for the drama.
    karalott and zookeepertx like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much View Post
    To put it bluntly: They invited her back. She needed the money so she took the job. Blame the production staff for inviting her JUST for the drama.
    What drama though.I agree she needs the money
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 09-25-2012 at 05:22 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I wish Kelly was paired with another pro.Same with Sabrina, I didn't think much of Louis Both of those would be much better with Tristan imho.Why he got lumbered with the one he has, I don't know. He must have ticked someone off.

Is the elimination two hours tonight? if it is - why?? Why would they stretch it out that long
    2 words: Justin Bieber. I believe that is who they said was on tonight. Gotta milk the pop star for all he's worth now cause his 15 minutes are about up.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    No nothing about the Bachelor
    No idea where to post this kind of information, but since you brought it up in this thread (I guess it was supposed to mentioned on the show last night?)... it's Sean. *Shocker*!! NOT! Who didn't see this one coming? Snooze fest alert!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Thinking about why Bristol was invited back . . . maybe none of Mark's other former partners were interested in pairing up with him again. Could be!
    karalott, judibug, Coco46 and 1 others like this.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

I think maybe the reason we're seeing some of these women coming back is that there are far more memorable men on this show than women. So the pool of women was limited. I believe they had to ask Kelly back because she did win. I honestly believe all winners were asked except maybe Brooke who was under contract to host. Since the show has had more male winners (and I'd say male finalists too) the pool was much deeper on that side. Then you figure in other committments and mom duties, and that thins the heard even more.

Kristi is a mom to young kids as are Mel B and Leyla Ali. Marie Osmond has her show in Vegas which she's carrying alone while Donny is on the DL with his health issues. Plus she had some health issues of her own along the way that I think would make it impossible for her to once again do both. A few of women I was surprised not to see in the mix were Brandy, Nicole, and Kelly Osborne. Of course they may have been asked and said no.

The producer of DWTS did an interview where he said to some stars it was important that they have the same partner if they were to come back. So if both Mel B and Kirstie insisted on Maks, one of them was not going to make the show. I think Kirstie was the more popular so she was going to be in over Mel B. That's just a theory but it could explain why we got saddled with some of these women over others.

If you think about it, the all star season could have easily been all men. There have been so many great male dancers on this show and a limited number of great females. I would love to have seen all 3 Joey's back -- McIntyre, Lawrence, and Fatone. All were fantastic and would be worthy of all star. Ian Ziering was another good one who got snubbed. I think age may have been a factor in both Donny Osmond and John O not being in the mix (along with Donny's health). Like him or not, Donny is an entertainer and he really tried. He should certainly have gotten the courtesy of an ask. Rob kardashian and JR Martinez are 2 more that could be all stars based on dancing ability alone. There simply were too many male stand outs and not enough slots to fill them all.

I'd like to see a season of 2nd chances -- contestants who did not make the finale but who still showed some promise. On that season I'd have to include Shannen Doherty. No way should she have gone out first in her season. I'd love to have seen what she might do. I could also then possibly get 2 of my Joey's in as well as Ian. I almost think that would be more fun to watch than the group of winners or near winners they've assembled here.
    annettejt and Midol like this.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

+ Reply to Thread