+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Shawn Johnson & Derek Hough - All-Stars

Re: Shawn Johnson & Derek Hough - All-Stars

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Derek looks smoking hot in that picture! Love Shawn too. This could be the pair to beat, and that's saying something with all the great competition this year.
    Love me some Derek and Shawn is a good dancer. I just didn't remember her being so short.She is going to have to wear some really good heels .

I hope they are in the F2. But this season with all those guys to choose from ( sigh)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

All gymnasts are short. They need a low center of gravity to do the tumbling that's required. 5'2" is already on the tall side for females and 5'6" quite is tall for males.
    '
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    All gymnasts are short. They need a low center of gravity to do the tumbling that's required. 5'2" is already on the tall side for females and 5'6" quite is tall for males.
    '
    Who was her partner last time? Derek isn't a giant, but he towered over her. Oh well, we will have to see.Derek is good.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Who was her partner last time? Derek isn't a giant, but he towered over her. Oh well, we will have to see.Derek is good.
    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought she was paired with Mark last time around.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought she was paired with Mark last time around.
    I just looked online. It was Mark
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I'm not as impressed with Shawn this time around as I was before. Derek, despite being a little hammy, isn't annoying me just yet. Something about him seems different, but if it really is his last season, it could be he's just going to go out with a bang and just having fun. His attitude seems more carefree and cut loose. I don't see a mirrorball for him this time, although he has a pretty solid fanbase. I don't know if it's enough to make the finals, but I think they're a lock at least for the top 5.

The short jokes, yes, I actually laughed at that last week, but it did get old. I guess Derek learned his lesson after hearing about Shawn knocking out Mark Although he had to have already known that. I did enjoy their jive this week, although I felt like Shawn wasn't quite in sync with Derek for some of it. I remember some dances she had with Mark where she didn't seem in sync with him, either. I don't know what dance they're doing next week, but I'm sure it'll be a good interpretation of whatever past dance it is.

I think Derek will be able to bring out more elegance from Shawn than Mark was able to (even though they won, but don't get me started on how season 8 went down, lol).
    Much like season 5, that's a finale I'd like to pretend never happened.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-03-2012 at 08:18 PM.

Well, this was fun! Shawn and Scotty McCreery were co-presenters tonight (Best Vocal Group) at the CMA Awards. They both looked great and presented great.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-02-2012 at 01:35 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I really love Derek. I just respect his talent so much. Not only is he a fantastic dancer but his choreography is stellar. I love him with Shawn it gives him extra moves to work with and he looks like a gymnast himself in some of the routines.. If that makes sense!!!

FORT Fogey

'
    Delayed puberty and delayed bone density are contributers to their shorter stature. Genetics, of course, play a part.

I must need stronger glasses because I didn't see any synch problems between Shawn & Derek. I actually think they are more in synch then all of the other couples but that is just me & my opinion.

I'm 5'...I don't consider myself short rather I prefer to think I am vertically challenged!!
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast