+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Sabrina Bryan & Louis Van Amstel - All-Stars

Re: Sabrina Bryan & Louis Van Amstel - All-Stars

Quote Originally Posted by Mreid1472 View Post
    IM SORRY BUT I STRONGLY DISAGREE!!! Sabrina was a better dancer than half the people still left in the competition!!! I think she dances better than Kirstie Melissa and Apollo!! And the fact that she got out proves once again that this show is a popularity contest. But ill continue to watch it cause i love to dance. Very sorry to see Sabrina go out in 8th place she was much better than that!
    I agree. I enjoyed her. I think she was a good little dancer - and while we keep hearing about Kirstie not being a size 0 and light on her feet, same goes for Sabrina, she wasn't teeny or skinny, but she was light on her feet, and her lines were very good.I think the show set her up, they know who has the votes ( fan base). She was very gracious to everyone when she left.Kudos to her.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I can't believe anyone is surprised at her leaving - except for the judges, of course! They just don't get what the public is thinking most of the time.

Sabrina was only better than one other dancer at this point, Kirstie, so she only left one week earlier if the competition was based strictly on dancing skills.

What she was lacking:

Charisma - a big fake smile is not charisma.

Self-awareness - Louie trying to pick her up each week was painful to watch. She should have realized that she was too big for him to do that. Maybe some people didn't vote for her because they felt sorry for Louie.

Chemistry - she and Louie seemed pleasant enough, and liked each other, but there was no amazing chemistry that fans get hooked into.

Humbleness- she was always the loudest, the brashest, and acted like she "deserved" something because she was so shockingly cut in her first season.

A popular partner - Louie is liked, but doesn't have the rabid fan base that maks or derek has. Plus, he doesn't have the innovative choreography that the younger guys have. I just don't know if he could take it all the way.
    combatcutie and Critical like this.

I was not at all surprised to see Sabrina go.
    I've grown to like Louis. But, I found Sabrina very fake.
    Would have preferred either Kyle or Carson over her.
    The producers and the judges put her back on this show.
    They knew last time she didn't have a big fan base. It was proven again last night.
    combatcutie, Florimel and jucamer like this.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Self-awareness - Louie trying to pick her up each week was painful to watch. She should have realized that she was too big for him to do that. Maybe some people didn't vote for her because they felt sorry for Louie.
    I didnt like Louis, and it was hardly her fault he couldn't pick her up , was it?

He choreographed the dances, and he should know, he is the pro and getting paid as one. She would have been much better with better pro. I hope they dont invite him back again, he was useless on SYTYCD as well( jmho)

I can't believe anyone is surprised at her leaving - except for the judges, of course! They just don't get what the public is thinking most of the time.
    I agree with you here, but that was fake surprise by the judges- they knew her numbers , and that she isn't as well known, as the others left.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 11-01-2012 at 12:49 AM.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree with you here, but that was fake surprise by the judges- they knew her numbers , and that she isn't as well known, as the others left.
    I don't think it has as much to do with how well-known she is as it has to do with how well-liked she is. For whatever reason, the audience didn't seem to connect with her or find her as likeable as other celebs this season.

I'm sad to see Louis go, but not surprised Sabrina was eliminated again.
    combatcutie, Florimel and jucamer like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post

Sabrina was only better than one other dancer at this point, Kirstie, so she only left one week earlier if the competition was based strictly on dancing skills.

What she was lacking:

Charisma - a big fake smile is not charisma.

Chemistry - she and Louie seemed pleasant enough, and liked each other, but there was no amazing chemistry that fans get hooked into.

Humbleness- she was always the loudest, the brashest, and acted like she "deserved" something because she was so shockingly cut in her first season.

A popular partner - Louie is liked, but doesn't have the rabid fan base that maks or derek has. Plus, he doesn't have the innovative choreography that the younger guys have. I just don't know if he could take it all the way.
    Couldn't agree more, esp with her big fake smile and the way she made it seem like she deserved to be there. JMO I'm not saying that she should have gone before other people, but I definitely won't miss her.
    jucamer likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I don't think it has as much to do with how well-known she is as it has to do with how well-liked she is. For whatever reason, the audience didn't seem to connect with her or find her as likeable as other celebs this season.

I'm sad to see Louis go, but not surprised Sabrina was eliminated again.
    I didn't mind her, I thought she tried very hard each week.Out of those left, I can tell you what they do or did & where I have seen them. Sabrina, nope cant say I know a thing about her.
    -Andy Rooney-

A voice in the wilderness... I liked Sabrina and really enjoyed their dancing. She is a good dancer and seems like a very nice person. She has a good work ethic and was not a drama queen. What's not to like? She looks very cute in her picture on this page but looks like Louie's teenage daughter at her recital i.e. proud papa, pic. But they did well together. Sorry to see her go before a couple of the others.

Reading the intro about her, she has quite the impressive resume. To have done so many things and not be more mainstream popular is a puzzle. To sell out all of those tour dates is pretty amazing and she is still doing Las Vegas. She is out there doing a lot of projects and yet it is amazing how unknown she is. I mean most of the genre in that arena are still pretty well known even to grannies. Look at Justin Bieber et al.
    Last edited by Tobi; 11-01-2012 at 07:49 PM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123