+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree199Likes

Thread: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - All-Stars

Re: Melissa Rycroft & Tony Dovolani - All-Stars

At this point I think only diehard Bachelor fans will even remember her. Because of her exposure on DWTS last time she has gotten hosting gigs on GMA and celebrity shows. She was even considered as a host before they signed Brooke to the DWTS spot. I think her 'face' is much more recognizable to more of America this time around.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    At this point I think only diehard Bachelor fans will even remember her. Because of her exposure on DWTS last time she has gotten hosting gigs on GMA and celebrity shows. She was even considered as a host before they signed Brooke to the DWTS spot. I think her 'face' is much more recognizable to more of America this time around.
    She would make a really good host! I think she has more personality than Brooke.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    So no one has posted in Mel's thread for several days so I am going to give it a bump and I'm wondering how strong people might assess her fanbase to be at this point? I think DWTS and The Bach have had a crossover audience for a long time so there may be a solid built in fanbase there for people who kind of feel like they are following Melissa along on her journey (drink! ). I didn't know about her other show until it was posted here by Katesmom, and if people followed her there, she may have an underestimated fanbase. Any thoughts?
    She finished 3rd in her season for those wondering why she was chosen.

I think she still has support to go very far. I would love to see her win. For those who are not that familiar with her I think there will be some who would like to see a woman win. Sabrina and Melissa are the only contenders in my book. Melissa has a dancer's body and skill. That will go a long way.
    Need40winks likes this.

I also think Tony's fanbase can not be underestimated. He has never won, and he does have a lot of loyal fans. I do think she has a fairly decent sized fan base. There was a contest a year or so ago in Texas on favorite reality stars to come out of that state (apparently there have been quite a few). She ended up winning, and I think by a lot. Her CMT show was very popular. She was also well liked during her season. Honestly, that was my favorite season and my favorite F3 of all time - I would have been happy with any of the three of them winning. That was also the last season I voted - and I voted for Melissa, in part because of all the negative posts she was getting about being a ringer (not on this board). But of the three of them, I did feel like Gilles should have won, if not for that terrible freestyle. Long way to say that I think people who liked her before probably still like her, and I do think she has gained fans since then. I'm not sure I see her in the F3, but I do see her lasting past the halfway point.
    jucamer and I'm here like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I also think Tony's fanbase can not be underestimated. He has never won, and he does have a lot of loyal fans. I do think she has a fairly decent sized fan base. There was a contest a year or so ago in Texas on favorite reality stars to come out of that state (apparently there have been quite a few). She ended up winning, and I think by a lot. Her CMT show was very popular. She was also well liked during her season. Honestly, that was my favorite season and my favorite F3 of all time - I would have been happy with any of the three of them winning. That was also the last season I voted - and I voted for Melissa, in part because of all the negative posts she was getting about being a ringer (not on this board). But of the three of them, I did feel like Gilles should have won, if not for that terrible freestyle. Long way to say that I think people who liked her before probably still like her, and I do think she has gained fans since then. I'm not sure I see her in the F3, but I do see her lasting past the halfway point.
    I liked her when she was on the bachelor... and I liked her in her season of DWTS. And I still like her now. She is my pick to win. Not because she is likeable and a good dancer but I wouldn't mind seeing Tony win. I think its time!!!

I just don't see her winning. She could be in the F2 with Gilles or Apolo, how do you choose between those two guys??
    -Andy Rooney-

I would love to see Tony win, but I have always found Melissa to be extremely phony and I was one of the few who applauded Jason's decision. It appeared very clear to me that she was was portraying embarrassment when he told her, but she seemed to be very pleased to be spared the months of their pretending to still have a relationship. That's only my opinion, but I still hold it. She is a reasonably good dancer and I don't object to her staying over those who are not. For my own entertainment, I just hope it isn't too long.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I just don't see her winning. She could be in the F2 with Gilles or Apolo, how do you choose between those two guys??

Easy.... I like Melissa better (or should I say Tony)! See.. thats how you do it! So there!

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    Easy.... I like Melissa better (or should I say Tony)! See.. thats how you do it! So there!
    So you like the pro and not the dancer, I like the dancer. That's why I am not wowed with Derek( sigh) and his partner Shawn I dont think anyone really wows me this season.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    So you like the pro and not the dancer, I like the dancer. That's why I am not wowed with Derek( sigh) and his partner Shawn I dont think anyone really wows me this season.
    No, I like Melissa well enough. But, I really think Tony deserves a win. Sooo.. for me, I am hoping they go far! Obviously!

I am not a fan of Derek's neither. Yes, he dances well. But... he is always given somebody with some dance ability. Try giving him an old lady or somebody who can't dance and see how far he gets.
    xmaskat and AZChristian like this.

+ Reply to Thread