+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
Like Tree135Likes

Thread: Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Kirstie Alley & Maks Chmerkovskiy - All-Stars

I wasn't surprised she was eliminated last night. Wish we could have Maks stay though.
    AZChristian likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I am so glad she is gone . I was never a fan, and I really think her gigging like schoolgirl was irritating. I am pleased she is off my screen
    ibot2much likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I am a BIG fan of hers and will miss her - she really had fun on this show and didn't take it too seriously like the other one who was eliminated.......

I'll miss her because she was one of the few real "stars" who had the right attitude about what it means to be on the show.

I think the rest of the season is going to be pretty dry and humorless...we already had an Olympics this year, no need for another one.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'll miss her because she was one of the few real "stars" who had the right attitude about what it means to be on the show.

I think the rest of the season is going to be pretty dry and humorless...we already had an Olympics this year, no need for another one.
    I think this is not just witty but really important and thoughtful dissent, MFW. The athletes have tended to dominate DWTS because they enjoy the physical challenge and come with an already existing strong fanbase whereas the show struggles to find actors who are willing to do the show at all and those who are tend to be lesser known and perhaps understandably overly-invested in their performance because it is incredibly tough to build and maintain a career as a working actor.

Someone like Kirstie, though, still has a comfortable net worth from her earlier success and is a natural comedienne and I completely agree that her attitude was pitch perfect. And her dancing wasn’t great but that is entirely relatable because the concept of struggling with something is not an uncommon one. And when someone is not good at something but has an entitled attitude (See: Gosselin, Kate and Palin, Bristol) it is a turn-off but when someone is putting in a very genuine effort and has positive and creative ways of tackling challenges that can easily become inspiring. Kirstie is also in her sixties now and has struggled with weight and it is an empowering concept to see someone not let either of those things become self-defeating.

And DWTS would do well, I think, to look harder to sign people up to the show who have the ability to offer something different than the athlete menu to viewers because that is not everyone’s cup of tea and the show should appeal to as broad a base of viewers as possible. The facts are what they are regarding the athletes but the show should increasingly look toward avenues of shaking that up in the future and good for Kirstie for doing a little shaking up of it herself because I live in a pretty jock centered universe, myself, but that in no way prevents me from appreciating the positive aspects Kirstie brought to the show and understanding that not everyone inhabits the same paradigm I do in life and that there is a tremendous amount of value in appreciating the positive paradigms of others.
    Last edited by chrisg; 11-14-2012 at 06:02 PM.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I have a different opinion. I really enjoy seeing the artistic abilities of athletes like this season's gymnast and skater because it shows just how multifaceted their talent is. I much prefer it over the artistic talents of the soap opera stars, TV hosts, etc. because to me they are just exuding an extension of their acting... including flaunting their bods... and it's just not nearly as impressive.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Oops he did it again!

Exclusive: Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Peta Murgatroyd, Dancing With the Stars Pros, Split

February 15, 2013 AT 8:00PM
    By UsWeekly Staff

Looks like Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd are saving their last dances for other people. After dating for 10 months, the Dancing With the Stars pros have gone their separate ways, sources confirm to Us Weekly exclusively.

Insiders say Chmerkovskiy ended the romance two weeks before Valentine's Day -- and one week before New York Fashion Week, where he was spotted hanging out with other girls. The reason? "He wasn't feeling her anymore," a source says of the notoriously hot-tempered dancer, who was previously engaged to fellow pro Karina Smirnoff. (He was also linked to his Season 10 partner, sportscaster Erin Andrews.)

Murgatroyd, for her part, "didn't want it to end," another insider tells Us. "It will be very heated between them when the [new] season starts in a few weeks."

Us Weekly broke the news of the couple's relationship in May 2012. At the time, a source told Us that the two were "really happy together."

Alas, that appears to have been short-lived. Chmerkovskiy's rep had no comment on the split, while Murgatroyd's rep did not respond to a request for comment.

ABC's Dancing With the Stars will premiere its 16th season on Monday, March 18. This year will be Chmerkovskiy's last with the program; he told the New York Post in September that he plans to exit the reality competition after his contract expires at the end of 2013.
    jucamer likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

ended the romance two weeks before Valentine's Day

Cheap as well!
    fireflyer and MFWalkoff like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread