• 1 Post By chrisg
  • 1 Post By karalott

Thread: Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson - All-Stars

Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson - All-Stars

Joey Fatone
    DWTS All-Star

Pro: Kym Johnson

#TeamJoey

We know he can sing. We also know he can dance, as we all saw in Season 4 of Dancing with the Stars. Joey Fatone came so close to bringing home that Mirrorball Trophy. Will he be able to claim it as an All-Star?

Former *NSYNC star Joey Fatone is embarking on a series of projects for FremantleMedia Enterprises from hosting Price is Right Live in Las Vegas and Atlantic City, to, Let's Make a Deal for Caesar Entertainment and currently he is the voice of the widely successful re-launch of Family Feud with Steve Harvey.

Joey also completed a horror film Inkubus, working aside the original Freddy Kruger: Robert Englund. He was the host of NBC's cirque competition series, Celebrity Circus. Joey also produced his first cable television series The Singing Office for TLC and co-hosted the show alongside Melanie Brown. He also served as host of NBC's international hit series The Singing Bee, and in late 2007 hosted the Australian version of the successful series. From 2008 to 2009, Joey was featured as the lead red carpet host at all the major award shows for the TV Guide Network.

Joey is most beloved for being a member of one of the most successful music groups in the ‘90s, *NSYNC. The group has won multiple awards and set numerous records, including selling 1 million copies of their album No Strings Attached on its first day and 2.4 million for the first week (a record that still stands today).

Joey comes from a family of performers; his first acting gig was at the age of seven, starring with Robert De Niro in the feature film Once Upon a Time in America. His other film credits include The Cooler, alongside Alec Baldwin and William H. Macy, Homie Spumoni with Whoopi Goldberg, Donald Faison and Jamie-Lynn Sigler and My Big Fat Greek Wedding.

Joey and his wife, Kelly, currently reside in Orlando with their daughters, Briahna and Kloey. He remains actively involved with his charity, The Fatone Family Foundation.

Joey Fatone Bio/Media Page - ABC.com

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Re: Joey Fatone & Kym Johnson - All-Stars

I loved Kym and Joey together. They were a cute couple. I hope he can still move it! He's about my age, and I can't even find it anymore to move.
    karalott and jucamer like this.

I hope we don't have to listen to Bruno or Len talking about Joey's bum again this time around LOL.
    I liked Joey & Kym too, I hope they do well!

This season is going to be very difficult, there are quite a few of the all-stars that I really like.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I loved Joey & Kym the first time around, but for some reason, I was all 'meh' when I heard he was part of the line up. However, I'm sure that'll change once the show starts. He's been doing the Vegas show, so that will likely give him an advantage. Although I doubt he really needed the advantage. I think he could go out somewhere in the middle, just because I think others are going to have a stronger fanbase.

They are so much fun! Joey is such a character! I hope they go far.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

He and Kym have learnt 4 or 5 new dances already( and he has lost weight) this guy is going to be fun to watch.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm going to stick with my prediction of Joey being an early boot. As I put in the episode thread, I'm surprised by the fact that Joey doesn't seem anywhere near as good as he was in season 4-and I figured the Vegas show would benefit him. I realize it's been 5 years since Joey first did the show, but I still figured he'd be a little sharper than he is.

His quickstep was entertaining (and much more memorable than his cha cha). I thought the scores were appropriate, but I was surprised the judges were so generous after their comments.

I still haven't seen most of tonight's show yet, including Joey, but I had the feeling last week that Joey is going to go fairly early. And that makes me a little sad because I have always thought that he and Lance Bass were the two total sweethearts from N Sync and that Joey was really fun to watch his first time on DWTS. It just seems like both the boy banders aren't really holding up that well compared to the rest of the competition on the All-Stars which surprises me a little because I thought both Joey and Drew would hang a little closer to the rest of the pack.

Haven't both Joey and Drew been doing the Vegas show, Kara? Maybe they are burned out?
    karalott likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I don't know if Drew did. I know some celebs seemed like they were there full time, others just made cameos (I guess it's like how the tours used to work). Pamela did a stint there with her old partner, Damian, I believe at the beginning of July.

It does seem like the pairings and having new partners vs the celebs who got their old partners might be playing a small role. I know Gilles really wanted Cheryl, and I've heard Drew was disappointed when he learned he wasn't getting Cheryl, either. Something just seems off with Drew, but it's kind of what I thought would happen. It's an AS season, so no one is the break out, and everyone is coming in with a fanbase. It's like what made you special and so great and had people rooting for you your season, you could be competing against 5 others who had the same reaction in their respective season. Egos might be coming into play and some may be taking it more seriously and personal if they don't do as well as last time. Obviously, there's only one person left (Sabrina) who didn't make the finals. I have a feeling the next few eliminations are going to hurt and possibly be a surprise or a blow to the celebs.

I wasn't entirely sure how Joey would fare, and I figured Drew would be out middle of the pack. But I'm thinking Drew is going to go sooner than I originally thought. I wouldn't be surprised if both are gone by week 5.
    chrisg likes this.

+ Reply to Thread