+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Helio Castroneves & Chelsie Hightower - All-Stars

FORT Fogey

Re: Helio Castroneves & Chelsie Hightower - All-Stars

He was very considerate of Julianne when she was his partner, even going to some lengths to try and figure out what he could do for her to surprise her for her birthday. I remember him saying it was an almost impossible task, because she seemed to have a different favorite thing every day, and he was really trying to give her something that was her most favorite thing.

When someone noted that he also kissed her hand before every performance (and tried to point that out as an indication that he was feeling romantic about her), he said that where he was raised, that's how a gentleman treated a lady.

I suspect Chelsie will at least enjoy working with him--she's already said that she appreciates what a hard worker he is.

I always enjoy watching Helio. He is fun to watch, very entertaining, and not a bad dancer. I know he had some legal tax issues a few years ago, but he was acquitted of all charges. He's not my favorite of the men, but I hope he stays around a long time.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois View Post
    I don't know why anybody can NOT like Helio. Well -- I did dislike him for an hour or so after he won against Mel B (She was better than him, and I think he's great)... but only for that short period. lol.

Other than having a great smile, I think he's a great person. I don't think I ever saw him unhappy while he was practicing with Julianne Hough, except when he practiced to the Rumba routine. He obviously has great musicality in him, though he might have a bit of problem with his footwork. Other than that, I'm glad Chelsie got him for a partner for this season. I guess Chelsie will be able to develop great routines with Helio as her student.
    I'm still not over him beating Mel, either, but I did forget how enjoyable he was. I can see why he did win over her, even if I don't agree with the victory. While both partnerships of Mel/Maks (how I wish she had come back this season-maybe a results show where they can re-create their paso?) and Helio/Julianne were great and a lot of fun to watch in rehearsals, it was almost like night and day when it come to personalities on the dance floor. Julianne was really at the height of her popularity then, and Helio was a charming, charismatic match to her. Mel/Maks were fun, but seemed more serious and business like. At any rate, that's one finale I still pretend never happened

As for Helio now-I'm shocked he was in the bottom 2. It really is the official bottom 2? I thought he was going home again Joey, and he seemed resigned to that fact I thought. I didn't know who I'd miss more, him or Chelsie. Oddly enough, I think his dancing has improved since season 5. I don't remember either jive that he performed then being as good as the one he did this past week. It was probably my second favorite performance of the night, behind Gilles jive. I really hope he stick arounds for weeks to come, because some of the couples seem DOA when they hit the dance floor. I think an AS was a good idea on paper, but I'm not quite digging it now.

Chelsie in that race car and screaming was hysterical-not to mention her flub last week with the whole South Americans speaking Spanish and something about Canada thrown in there

FORT Fogey

I think the only reason he was in the bottom two is that there are too many good dancers splitting the votes. Gilles is going to make it hard for him to get very far.

I think Gilles will make it hard for any of the guys to make it far.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Helio is very very competitive. Its his nature. But he totally threw Chelsie under the bus, when he had to have the last say about the dress he tripped on.This stuff happens, move on big boy.No need to slip in 'I told/warned her about the dress. '
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Helio is very very competitive. Its his nature. But he totally threw Chelsie under the bus, when he had to have the last say about the dress he tripped on.This stuff happens, move on big boy.No need to slip in 'I told/warned her about the dress. '
    I took that as perhaps he understood he just might clutz it up with clumsy feet and that big dress! She, on the other hand, may have loved the look they presented in their costumes, overlooked that possibility, and hoped for the best.

I really did like their routine, their costumes, the lighting itself, and the way they danced in front of the lighting as a backdrop. I thought he did a very good job with his assignment, and I hated for him the dress bauble.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    I took that as perhaps he understood he just might clutz it up with clumsy feet and that big dress! She, on the other hand, may have loved the look they presented in their costumes, overlooked that possibility, and hoped for the best.

I really did like their routine, their costumes, the lighting itself, and the way they danced in front of the lighting as a backdrop. I thought he did a very good job with his assignment, and I hated for him the dress bauble.
    I wonder if they will have them dance again tonight? do they do that if someone has tripped? I guess I would worry that might happen again.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I agree, I cringed when he said that about Chelsie's dress.
    Florimel and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Valancy View Post
    I agree, I cringed when he said that about Chelsie's dress.
    I thought it was just me. I hoped he'd be more gracious She has tried very hard,but the connection isn't there for me with these two.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast