Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Gilles Marini & Peta Murgatroyd - All-Stars

Gilles Marini & Peta Murgatroyd - All-Stars

Gilles Marini
    DWTS All-Star

Pro: Peta Murgatroyd

#TeamGilles

He made a lot hearts race the first time he was on Dancing with the Stars. Now Gilles Marini is headed back to the ballroom much to the delight of all the ladies out there.

Gilles Marini first captivated audiences as “Dante,” the steamy neighbor living next door to Kim Cattrall’s “Samantha” in the Sex and the City feature film, a role which made him instantly recognizable in the United States and abroad, followed by finishing in 2nd place on season 8 of ABC’s Dancing with the Stars.

Gilles is currently staring on the critically acclaimed ABC Family drama Switched at Birth. He also starred on ABC's marquee drama Brothers & Sisters and has had guest starring roles in some of primetimes favorite shows including Modern Family, Hot in Cleveland, Are You There Chelsea, Royal Pains, Nip/Tuck and ABC’s Castle. Other television credits include Ugly Betty, Dirty Sexy Money, Criminal Minds, and Windfall. Film credits include L'une et L’Autre (One and the Other) and Pirates of the Caribbean 3.

Gilles has been in national campaigns for a wide range of brands including Budweiser, Clairol, Coca Cola, Chrysler, GNC, and Infiniti. He is currently the face of the Perry Ellis brand A(X)IST. Born and raised in Grasse, France, Gilles became an American Citizen in June 2012. He started working in his father’s bakery at the age of 8. After high school, Gilles joined the French Army and was stationed in Paris as a fireman for the famous Brigade des Sapeurs Pompiers de Paris. It was in Paris where Gilles met Fred Goudon, the famous photographer who introduced Gilles to the world of modeling.

After fulfilling his military duties, Gilles decided to go to the United States to learn English while working as a model. In his spare time, Gilles enjoys playing soccer as part of a neighborhood team and as part of the Hollywood United Soccer Team. He also donates a lot of his time and resources to the Maximum Hope Foundation, a charity that raises funds for families with terminally ill children. Gilles currently resides in California with his wife Carole, son Georges, and daughter Juliana.

Gilles Marini Bio/Media Page - ABC.com

Re: Gilles Marini & Peta Murgatroyd - All-Stars

He looks good. Her- meh
    angelic_one2002 and Tobi like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

This is a horrid picture of Petra, she is so much prettier than this.

I'm looking forward to seeing Giles back on the dance floor again .

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    This is a horrid picture of Petra, she is so much prettier than this.

I'm looking forward to seeing Giles back on the dance floor again .
    She is prettier than that. She is one heck of a dancer/teacher/choreographer as well.I wish them luck
    Tobi and Living like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

So excited Gilles is back-wouldn't be an AS without him I'm hoping he makes it to the finals. Right now I have it between him and Apolo for the win. I really hope the show doesn't play up past so-called rivalries (Gilles/Shawn, Joey/Apolo), and talk about the 'so close, yet so far, will they pull it off' type of story line I never trust TPTB not to screw it up, even when it's already going so well. AS could be a really fun, carefree season.

I can see the look they were going for with Peta, but totally not digging it. It looks like she's aged about 20 years.
    Florimel likes this.

FORT Fogey

I just watched the short video of them on-line. Sigh. Whether Peta gets another mirror ball trophy or not, she's already won.
    karalott, Florimel and MFWalkoff like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    I just watched the short video of them on-line. Sigh. Whether Peta gets another mirror ball trophy or not, she's already won.
    Exactly what I was thinking. First she starts dating Maks, now she gets to cozy up with Gilles. I hate her Considering what a miserable debut season she had back in season 13, I am glad that she'll have another season to really grow and show her stuff.

If watching Emmitt was like taking a thousand Adderall, watching Gilles was like the smoothest valium chill pill - and I watched them in that order so it totally balanced out. And -- since I’m on a TMI tear tonight -- I’m mostly French and Swedish, so something about a French accent always gives me a Darwinian-like impulse to have lots of French babies and in my experience French guys are usually quite a bit shorter than Gilles and not always as hot, so if the term Francophile did not exist it I am pretty sure it would have to be coined just for Gilles. Gilles and Emmitt. I feel like DWTS did not one but two great things for the first time in a very, very long time and I am so on board!
    Florimel likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Quote Originally Posted by chrisg View Post
    If watching Emmitt was like taking a thousand Adderall, watching Gilles was like the smoothest valium chill pill - and I watched them in that order so it totally balanced out. And -- since I’m on a TMI tear tonight -- I’m mostly French and Swedish, so something about a French accent always gives me a Darwinian-like impulse to have lots of French babies and in my experience French guys are usually quite a bit shorter than Gilles and not always as hot, so if the term Francophile did not exist it I am pretty sure it would have to be coined just for Gilles. Gilles and Emmitt. I feel like DWTS did not one but two great things for the first time in a very, very long time and I am so on board!
    100 likes for a wonderful post! One of the best( along with your post about Emmitt. ) I too love a French accent, and Gilles is as smooth as silk. Plus, he is a gentleman - Peta is lucky. I think Gilles could dance with any female.
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 09-25-2012 at 04:15 AM.
    chrisg likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

According to Gilles' twitter, one of his friends has jokingly suggested that about week four, he may have to appear in nothing more than a sock. Makes one wonder what week four's theme might be, doesn't it?

And, if one weren't a lady, one might wonder which "foot" he intended to cover with the sock....
    Living likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast