+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Gilles Marini & Peta Murgatroyd - All-Stars

Re: Gilles Marini & Peta Murgatroyd - All-Stars

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Well, I loved Gilles on his first season and I love him even more this time around. I thought the upside down split bit was funny - his face was so comical. And, when he threw his towel to Bruno and was running around, hiding behind everyone, too funny.

To me, he just seems like a really nice guy. So he's a little competitive - they ALL are. Gilles is a joy to watch.
    I was thinking about this a bit. That season was the closest vote ever for the finals, and to this day, how many people still state that Gilles should have won? He knows that - and of course he has heard it. Now he is back on again, with Shawn and Melissa again. I agree with what others have said that I don't think he is arrogant - I think it is pressure to do well. I'm just wondering how much of that pressure is internal and how much of it is him feeling like he has to live up to his fans' hopes?

I understand what some are talking about here with regard to the flirting, and yes, that's all I think it is, flirting. Did anyone see him in SATC? I would think his wife would have had a much bigger issue with that. And Peta is dating Maks - we all know if there was really anything going on that was a problem, Maks would have no problem shutting that down immediately. I get that some of the comments may be a bit much - but I really think it is all innocent.
    Critical and AlwaysVeg like this.

I don't think he is acting on his flirting etc. Not at all, I have posted that his wife is beautiful, and she is there cheering him/them on. But there is just something else that I cannot take to this time.I did at first ,but now .I wish I could say. They had a close up of him last night, he has the most gorgeous eyes( or eye lashes) he looks like he is wearing eye liner. The guy can dance, but we don't need him to be overly sexy ALL the time. And while I think Apolo could up his sexy, I think Gilles could reign it in a little
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Those of you who saw Gilles in the SATC movie, remember when Samantha referred to his character as "sex on a stick"? Obviously he was cast in that role for a reason. I don't think Gilles could reign it in if he tried, unless he was hired to play the part of a derelict junkie or something, with appropriate makeup and costuming ... and who would hire him for that? On a show like this, where sexy costumes, dance moves, and chemistry with one's partner are the order of the day, how the heck could he reign it in? Ask them to dress him in a potato sack? Not move his hips? Dance like Master P?

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

But after this week's dance, it seems like he's incorporating Ballas' facial expressions. It's totally taking away from his dancing for me. And it's REALLY killing the sex appeal. He looks like he's constipated or constantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    He's an ACTOR. He and his wife have been together for some time and I'm sure she's totally used to him having to pretend he's interested in other women romantically. The fact that Gille's wife is watching him from the audience every night AND that Peta's boyfriend is on the show tells me that nothing is going on. This show is a popularity contest and selling the partnership helps get them votes.

I don't see the big deal They're both sexy and have great chemistry. As a former dancer, I can tell you that dancers as a group tend to be very physically affectionate and it doesn't mean anything. Just because they have chemistry doesn't mean they're acting on it.
    Thank you, Critical! That's exactly what I see when I watch Giles, and what I saw in most of the other talented actors who have appeared on the show. My husband and I both did community theater for years and we had to do loves scenes with other partners, most of whom were our friends. No problem for him or for me, or for our kids who watched us.

Now, I certailny remember the Derek/Joanna Krupa routine where she was lying bent backwards with her head in his hands and he was pumping her up and down. That was far more suggestive than anything I've seen Gilles do with Peta or with Cheryl. I never could stand Joanna Krupa, but that movement just seemed silly to me. It didn't shock or offend me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Thank you, Critical! That's exactly what I see when I watch Giles, and what I saw in most of the other talented actors who have appeared on the show. My husband and I both did community theater for years and we had to do loves scenes with other partners, most of whom were our friends. No problem for him or for me, or for our kids who watched us.

Now, I certailny remember the Derek/Joanna Krupa routine where she was lying bent backwards with her head in his hands and he was pumping her up and down. That was far more suggestive than anything I've seen Gilles do with Peta or with Cheryl. I never could stand Joanna Krupa, but that movement just seemed silly to me. It didn't shock or offend me.
    I totally agree. But again, this was not about choreography/routine. This was about how he behaved towards Peta during rehearsals, and it wasn't about practicing the choreography. He was making lewd, sexual comments about Peta (and about Kirstie too at one point). Not necessary at all, and had zero impact on his performance in the dance. Creepy towards his partner and disrespectful to his family is what it was.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I totally agree. But again, this was not about choreography/routine. This was about how he behaved towards Peta during rehearsals, and it wasn't about practicing the choreography. He was making lewd, sexual comments about Peta (and about Kirstie too at one point). Not necessary at all, and had zero impact on his performance in the dance. Creepy towards his partner and disrespectful to his family is what it was.
    For me it kinda was. I didn't like him looking at Peta's crotch, I really didn't.I am not a prude - but I looked when he did that( not once, but twice) and it made me feel uneasy. This week, he didn't dance as well .I hated what he wore, he didn't look sexy. I would say he looked rather cheap.
    nanarama likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    For me it kinda was. I didn't like him looking at Peta's crotch, I really didn't.I am not a prude - but I looked when he did that( not once, but twice) and it made me feel uneasy. This week, he didn't dance as well .I hated what he wore, he didn't look sexy. I would say he looked rather cheap.
    Choreography: Created by Peta - blame her.
    Costume: Created by the costume department - blame them.
    Florimel, xmaskat and Critical like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    But every time he's on camera he has to be "on." It's not just about the time on the actual dance floor. The whole show is the performance. Some people are just naturally more affectionate. I'm sure his wife is used to it and secure about their relationship. Like I said upthread, he's an actor.

"Creepy" is a judgment. I don't see it
    Florimel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Choreography: Created by Peta - blame her.
    Costume: Created by the costume department - blame them.
    From what I saw of rehearsals of that particular group dance, Gilles was giving a bunch of choreography ideas. I'll blame the both of them. Same with the costumes. This was Gilles baby (the whole group routine), I am sure a lot of the ideas for him and Peta originated from him.
    AZChristian and Fanny Mare like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread