+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - All-Stars

FORT Fogey

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - All-Stars

I know enough about production on The Bachelor to know that the producers tell the contestants whatever it takes - whatever - to get whatever the producers need out of contestants. I have heard too much insider info over the seasons. Forget about the reality.

My guess is that some sweet talker on the production end of the show 'splained it to Bristol in such a way that it sounded to Bristol like she had this wonderful opportunity to be on the show with all of these other wonderful ( think wonderful "human" - not wonderful competitive, cut-throat highly skilled, talented) contestants. In addition, she would be guaranteed she would be back with Mark who already knew and understood her. What did she think? Would she take a while and think over this fabulous opportunity?

Bristol is, of course, young, and I think is still basically fairly naive even with what she has already been through. If she had been a little older, she might could have weighed it out a little better, but I personally don't think she drew all of the right initial conclusions even though the rest of us could see it very plainly because I think she may has been initially fed a bit of a misleading bill of goods and was unable to see through it.

However, last night in that rehearsal clip Bristol looked like a lightbulb had popped on, and she looked miserable. She is now completely aware.
    I felt like her routine with the chessboard, king, and queen fit the given creativity assignment, and she danced reasonably well. For her sake, I would hope that she could go out on a high note of dancing fairly well and of having completed her assignment well, but I would not be surprised if this did not happen.
    I guess we will see...
    karalott, CupidGuest and sunnydayz like this.

Call me Mrs. Mozzie, but I cannot help but wonder if this suspicious package was not a stunt dreamed up by publicists to keep her name in the papers/twitter/internet and garner sympathy votes to keep her in the competition. That kind of thing has been done before and I would not put it past that family.
    karalott, Allie and tapper01 like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by diamonds78 View Post
    I think its disgusting if he just didn't show up for their rehearsal. You don't do that to someone.
    He said he was late, she said he didn't show up. Perhaps he got there late, but she had already left.
    karalott, ness and sunnydayz like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    He said he was late, she said he didn't show up. Perhaps he got there late, but she had already left.
    Good point. It could be just that, along with a lack of communication.

I am NOT a fan of Bristol's dancing but part of me feels sad for Bristol because she is clearly saddled with a partner who doesn't necessarily want to be dancing with her. (I'm disappointed in Mark and hope he was embarrassed by his actions!) She's also the "worst" dancer in the group but IMO Kirstie is not far behind her and, well, somebody has to be the worst. Bristol's out of her element....and she knows it. That said.... I think she probably got the sympathy vote last night and she'll be around another week or more.

This is such a good season and I'm in awe of the talent we're seeing. I just wish the Bristol drama would go away.....
    Last edited by tinderbox; 10-09-2012 at 04:39 PM.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Call me Mrs. Mozzie, but I cannot help but wonder if this suspicious package was not a stunt dreamed up by publicists to keep her name in the papers/twitter/internet and garner sympathy votes to keep her in the competition. That kind of thing has been done before and I would not put it past that family.

Also, I doubt that the FBI and police would want them talking about it with the press.
    karalott, Allie and tapper01 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She did better last night than last week. Who is the worst then? Kirstie? I really dont know why either of them were asked back, except to keep people talking.
    For me... I think Kirstie is worse. I see improvement where Bristol is concerned. But.. I'm not seeing the same of Kirstie. She is very heavy footed for my liking. But.. I'm not a judge. They obviously see something different.

Sooo... since I see improvement in Bristol, I feel she should move on. Having said that... I don't want to see Maks go. Such decisions...
    IF Maks wears that outfit again... then I want he off!!!
    Last edited by I'm here; 10-09-2012 at 05:28 PM.
    angelic_one2002 and karalott like this.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    For me... I think Kirstie is worse. I see improvement where Bristol is concerned. But.. I'm not seeing the same of Kirstie. She is very heavy footed for my liking. But.. I'm not a judge. They obviously see something different.

Sooo... since I see improvement in Bristol, I feel she should move on. Having said that... I don't want to see Maks go. Such decisions...
    Hmm I don't know then Maybe you could have his wigness dance with Bristol or Mark
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by I'm here View Post
    For me... I think Kirstie is worst. I see improvement where Bristol is concerned. But.. I'm not seeing the same of Kirstie. She is very heavy footed for my liking. But.. I'm not a judge. They obviously see something different.

The difference between Kirstie is that I feel entertained by her. She proved that last night that she basically has nothing to lose, so go out, have fun, and give the fans what they want. I don't think she's as strong of a dancer as she was her original season, which kind of surprises me. But her and Maks are like night and day compared to Bristol and Mark. I don't think Mark is happy for a variety of reasons, probably the biggest one being Bristol can't dance. If Kirstie leaves before her, which may happen, she'll be even more out of her element. There's no one that even comes close to being the worst. I have a tougher time on the guys side, because I think they're blowing the competition away, dance, personality, and entertainment wise (Drew being the lone exception). The girls side, I'm loving Shawn, Kelly is the improvement/underdog story arc of the season, and Kirstie has Maks, plus I find everything about them fun. The rest are just forgettable. And then there's Bristol.

She did look defeated last night in her rehearsal package. It seems like they're the only ones this time having that kind of drama that we're seeing. I mean, a lot goes on in rehearsal, and I know others could be having the exact same problems. I feel like there's lack of chemistry with a couple of other duos, but for the most part, I think this is a far more enjoyable experience for them than Bristol is having. She is out of her league, and what happened in season 11 is happening all over again. I don't know if she or the show expected different. I think they'll have a bigger issue if she in fact makes it over the much better dancers in the competition. It may just be a silly little dance show in the end, but people seem to be tuning out of this show. She may be part of the reason, she may not, but TPTB may wind up being the reason people don't come back for pulling stunts like this.

I wouldn't even put it past the show anymore to pull a stunt like this. She doesn't need the sympathy, she's already got robo-voters and Vote for the Worst behind her.
    Florimel and chrisg like this.

Im not a fan of Bristol Palin and i do noT!!!! feel sorry for her because she should have never been chosen to be on the all star season and I dont blame Mark for not wanting to be her partner she cant dance!
    Florimel, ness and bee stung lips like this.

+ Reply to Thread