+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - All-Stars

FORT Fogey

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - All-Stars

I've been thinking about Mark's choreography. The judges noted that Bristol didn't do as well in hold/frame as she did out of it. If Mark noticed that too, perhaps he deliberately decided not to do as much in hold, figuring the judges might not score them any better if they stayed in hold and that if Bristol was more relaxed and more willing to perform more fully out out of hold that it might be more appealing to the audience if they did so. Clearly audience votes helped keep her in last time, so maybe Mark just decided appealing to the viewers for votes, as opposed to the judges for scores, made more sense in their particular case.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    The one thing I will say for Bristol is that she is one of the few that seem to be enjoying this season. Most of the stars are too stressed out, and it shows in their dancing. When I watch them dance all I see is fear of failure. Bristol brings the opposite tone, knowing she is going to fail and just doing her best. I don't mind if she stays around a few weeks.
    I normally agree with you Rick, but I see others that are having just as much fun as Bristol. For myself I don't think she should be rewarded for that. This season of any season I believe it should be more about dancing. It's just how I see it and not meant to offend anyone who really likes her. Just as Pam was the worst dancer last week and went home I believe the same should apply this week. Bristol received the lowest scores and IMO needs to go this week. It may have been Mark's choreography, but he knows the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I normally agree with you Rick, but I see others that are having just as much fun as Bristol. For myself I don't think she should be rewarded for that. This season of any season I believe it should be more about dancing. It's just how I see it and not meant to offend anyone who really likes her. Just as Pam was the worst dancer last week and went home I believe the same should apply this week. Bristol received the lowest scores and IMO needs to go this week. It may have been Mark's choreography, but he knows the rules.
    you know seriously the fact that bristol palin was even chosen for this season is quite sickening. she is not an all star!!! She cannot dance period she sucks!!! Im still quite horrified that she made it over Brandy Norwood in the finals and this happened 2 years ago and im still not over that!. I hope she gets eliminated in the double elimination next week. Nothing against Mark, but i want bristol palin out

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Ok, I'm not a Bristol fan, but I have to admit that she looks great this season. There is a LARGE portion of the population that likes her, for whatever reason, so I understand why she was brought back. That said, I don't think her dancing and/or performing ability is anywhere close to any of the other contestants. She tries, but she just isn't at their level.

I must admit that I enjoyed MARK's performance this last episode, though. Typically his overdancing annoys me, but he actually made this dance fun to watch.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Quote Originally Posted by Mreid1472 View Post
    you know seriously the fact that bristol palin was even chosen for this season is quite sickening. she is not an all star!!! She cannot dance period she sucks!!! Im still quite horrified that she made it over Brandy Norwood in the finals and this happened 2 years ago and im still not over that!. I hope she gets eliminated in the double elimination next week. Nothing against Mark, but i want bristol palin out
    I completely agree with you. The fact that Bristol the dancer with the lowest scores stayed and was not even in the bottom made me sick. Helio who I loved in his season and won was in the bottom. No one will ever convice me that she danced better than he did. She didn't dance better than any of the other celebrities. I can't express the anger I felt when hearing that she was safe. This is a prime example of why she should never have been called back. I am sure the producers of the show did this all in the name of ratings and it may backfire on them. I hope not, but will never understand why people feel the need to vote for her. Some people may have found the routine they did fun, but this was suppose to be a Quick Step not a Two Step with some line dancing which is what it was closer to.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I understand your frustration, Jaceegirl, but this isn't simply a dancing competition. It's also a sort of popularity contest. If it was just a dancing competition, there wouldn't be any audience participation and it wouldn't be as much fun.

DWTS has had several seasons where they had controversial contestants. It definitely keeps things interesting!
    sunshine3331 likes this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    They're targeting her? They're all but tongue bathing her, much as they did her prior season. She can't dance, she's a charmless dullard, and she's not a "star". If she was anyone else, they would have excoriated her.
    So true! The judges don't even bother criticizing her because they know it won't matter. It's just like the season she was first in.

The things she said on the results show last night proved that she hasn't changed a bit. She said, just before going on stage, that she "just wanted to get it over with" - no smile - no excitement. That doesn't sound like someone who is having fun to me. Then, she complained about the marks she was given the night before. She said that it doesn't matter what she does, she will always get 6's, and rolled her eyes. Give me a break! She deserved 6's - they were even generous. Her foot work was atrocious!! She barely lifted her feet while she danced. It was horrible!

So, here we are again. She is going to suck, get low scores, and complain, talking about the "haters", instead of actually trying to get better, out-last way better dancers, and over-stay her welcome.

Mr. (Not so) Perfect Snake 3D Champion, Bouncing Balls Champion

All talent reality shows are popularity contests.
    Shoepie and sunshine3331 like this.

It's a dancing competition first and foremost for me, and the controversial participants make it much less fun, not more. I am thankful for the remote and fast forward.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    It's a dancing competition first and foremost for me, and the controversial participants make it much less fun, not more. I am thankful for the remote and fast forward.
    It is that way for me as well. If it is not suppose to be about dancing then it is about time they change the name. Another point I wanted to make to my last post was why is Bristol even controversial? I thought that was suppose to be her mom.

+ Reply to Thread