+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - All-Stars

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - All-Stars

Just watched the Jimmy Kimmel interview. THANK GOODNESS she said she would NOT be on The Bachelorette.

But then she hasn't been asked.

Yet.

FORT Fogey

Isn't Bristol a little conservative to be on a show that's all about picking a potential mate on national television? I don't watch the Bachelor, but I was under the impression that you'd likely be involved in some romantic situations, if not potentially sexual situations, in full public view as a contestant. Bristol wasn't even comfortable in a dance costume that was at all revealing on DWTS, which is fine. But if she's not comfortable with that, how comfortable would she be having the world watch her in what's essentially a serial dating show?

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Not that I'm excusing her, but it is kind of a crazy schedule for whoever is eliminated: post-show interviews on the dance floor while still in costume, then a quick change and cleanup (and packing) so that they can do Kimmel, and then get rushed to the airport to catch the redeye to NYC so they can dance again in Times Square on GMA in front of a crowd. They must make it to the show with mere seconds to spare. I guess not every celebrity does this, but it seems like the norm lately. The interviewer from the article said this was only the 5th time in the show's history that the star didn't do the post-show interviews.

I'm still looking for the Kimmel show somewhere, I guess it won't be in the usual online places or On Demand for a couple of days...
    Hmm Pam Anderson didn't do the media either.( she left it to The Irish fella) I wonder why some do- was Pam the 4th?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    And I really, really hope Mark is wrong--if I have to watch Gilles lose to Shawn again, it may be the last time I'll be able to stand sitting through a DWTS season. He came into his first season with no formal dance training and little public recognition, whereas she came in as an elite level gymnast, where dance training is involved, and a huge fan base, and he still only lost by the smallest percentage in DWTS history, even after Cheryl let him down by choreographing a freestyle that was centered on her role, not his. Shawn already has her mirror ball trophy, Derek has plenty of them too, and Shawn has an Olympic gold medal besides. I'd rather see the trophy go to someone else who's done just as well and with less experience and who has something left to prove, if only to himself/herself. Heck, I'd just rather it not go to a former winner, even one I'd voted for in the past. If it were up to me, the people who'd already won would have either been put in an all-winners all-star season or left out of this one.
    Quick thread-jack - but given what we have seen so far, I actually think Shawn is doing better than Gilles this season. In season 8, Gilles was hands-down the winner. But for that freestyle and the fact that Shawn was a young kid and had just come off an Olympic win, he would have won that season (and it is a tragedy that he didn't). But this season, I don't know what it is, but I am not enjoying him quite as much. He is a great dancer, absolutely. But something is missing for him this season - like he is trying too hard, putting too much pressure on himself, and not enjoying it. In contrast, Shawn has come into her own. She is not the shy, timid child she was the last time. Her dancing is actually better than it was last time. And she is having a blast. Between the two of them, I am enjoying Shawn's dancing more this season, and Gilles' less (which is actually hard for me to say, but the truth).

Ok, back to Bristol and Mark! I am very glad she is gone. I got a real smugness vibe from her and it was a real turn-off. That being said, if I was in her position, I don't know, maybe I would do the same thing (you know, sort of like "I know they all hate me, but they didn't break me" type thing).
    JavaJo likes this.

Bristol had the air of entitlement. The audience didn't even react to her leaving,lol
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Quick thread-jack - but given what we have seen so far, I actually think Shawn is doing better than Gilles this season. In season 8, Gilles was hands-down the winner. But for that freestyle and the fact that Shawn was a young kid and had just come off an Olympic win, he would have won that season (and it is a tragedy that he didn't). But this season, I don't know what it is, but I am not enjoying him quite as much. He is a great dancer, absolutely. But something is missing for him this season - like he is trying too hard, putting too much pressure on himself, and not enjoying it. In contrast, Shawn has come into her own. She is not the shy, timid child she was the last time. Her dancing is actually better than it was last time. And she is having a blast. Between the two of them, I am enjoying Shawn's dancing more this season, and Gilles' less (which is actually hard for me to say, but the truth).

Ok, back to Bristol and Mark! I am very glad she is gone. I got a real smugness vibe from her and it was a real turn-off. That being said, if I was in her position, I don't know, maybe I would do the same thing (you know, sort of like "I know they all hate me, but they didn't break me" type thing).
    I agree with you about Gilles he has to put less pressure on himself, because at times he look way too desperate for the win. Drew did that and look where he ended up.I dont want that to happen to Gilles.

I think Bristol had an okay time, she was happy going home in the 4th week( not 1st) . She did better than Pam and Joey.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    Bristol had the air of entitlement. The audience didn't even react to her leaving,lol
    IA. It sounds like from what Mark said, she passed on speaking with the media directly after their elimination because she was too shocked/upset and needed some time to compose herself before tackling JKL. To me, this reflects her sense of entitlement and her lack of maturity (ie, her inability, unwillingness or inexperience with being gracious in the face of adversity).

As far as being the next Bachelorette, I took that comment by JK as him completely joking around and looking for laughs (although she didn't take the bait). Not only is there no way IMO that she'd ever consider it (or that Sarah would let her), but even with the insane PR jackpot her casting would no doubt generate, I suspect even the producers realize the headache she would be to work with wouldn't be a worthwhile tradeoff for them.

And as it can't be said enough, thank god she is gone and the nightmare is finally over.
    BTW and MsDiva2007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Given that Bristol has not always done the best interviews in the past, perhaps Mark or DWTS or her own handlers or some combination of the three felt it was not a good idea to let Bristol go into an interview cold when she was likely not in the best mood already.

And I really, really hope Mark is wrong--if I have to watch Gilles lose to Shawn again, it may be the last time I'll be able to stand sitting through a DWTS season. He came into his first season with no formal dance training and little public recognition, whereas she came in as an elite level gymnast, where dance training is involved, and a huge fan base, and he still only lost by the smallest percentage in DWTS history, even after Cheryl let him down by choreographing a freestyle that was centered on her role, not his. Shawn already has her mirror ball trophy, Derek has plenty of them too, and Shawn has an Olympic gold medal besides. I'd rather see the trophy go to someone else who's done just as well and with less experience and who has something left to prove, if only to himself/herself. Heck, I'd just rather it not go to a former winner, even one I'd voted for in the past. If it were up to me, the people who'd already won would have either been put in an all-winners all-star season or left out of this one.

ITA Tilden - I was shocked when I saw the lineup with so many of the former winners. I guess I was thinking that they would have all runner ups and F3 on. If I were a previous winner, I would think anything less than first place would put a bit of a tarnish on my previous win. But after all it is only a mirrorball trophy
    karalott, Florimel and ness like this.

I have to say that if she did do The Bachelorette, I would definitely be watching. I have affection and/or respect for very few of the participants of the silly program, so that isn't an issue for me, but oh, the entertainment value of 25 "hunks" *gag* giving it their all in vying for the attention of one charmless, dull-witted Arctic princess in the vain hope that they'll get an on-air personality gig out of it. Tee hee.
    ness, xmaskat, MsDiva2007 and 4 others like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Just watched the Jimmy Kimmel interview. THANK GOODNESS she said she would NOT be on The Bachelorette.

But then she hasn't been asked.

Yet.
    That would get a lot of viewers (not).

+ Reply to Thread