+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - All-Stars

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas - All-Stars

It is definitely DWTS show's fault for asking her back. First of all, she is not a star, so why her? They probably assumed they'd get some controversy doing so, thus some added publicity. She was probably honored to be asked. Why would she turn it down? What really bugs me is whoever the dummies are who keep voting her back. I'm inclined to think politics has a big hand in votes she's getting.
    KatesMom likes this.

Lolol i agree with this statement 100%!!!

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    What gets me is her immature whine-fest about how Mark would prefer another partner over her, i.e., one who can dance better (such a person not being too difficult to find). She knew this was the All-Stars show, meaning at least most of the dancers would be the cream of the crop. They weren't going to ask Master P, Kate G, or Cloris Leachman back. Therefore, she had to think for at least one second that Mark or whichever pro got her as a partner might just not be very happy because they'd have no chance of winning. Or did this dimwitted daughter of Draculette think she really deserved third place in her season?
    This I agree with. Whether she thinks she honestly deserved it, I have no idea. I can't get a good read on her. Sometimes I think she HAS to know. Other times, especially watching her mother and some of the comments both of them have made from time to time, I seriously think she IS delusional enough to think she got into the F3 the first time because the fans really loved her, and then of course, wanted her back this season.

The outrageous venom against her is simply because her mother is a conservative politician number 1, and 2, to make matters worse, she is an unwed mother with the worst imaginable red neck, sleaze, loser former boyfriend as father to the child. Many people view this as hypocritical and a reason to ridicule her. She has put herself out there and must live with the consequences given all that has transpired before. Clearly the show loves fostering controversy and could care less about it one way or the other. Their job is to get ratings for advertising revenue. Period. I would have liked to have seen her partnered with someone like Derek who always brings out the best in his partners. As it is, it's just cringe worthy to watch with Mark. He doesn't seem able to put mind over matter as well as some of them are able to. I think the women have had it far worse as far as who they got for partners, lol. I was frankly surprised she got through again this week.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Doyu Gems Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    This I agree with. Whether she thinks she honestly deserved it, I have no idea. I can't get a good read on her. Sometimes I think she HAS to know. Other times, especially watching her mother and some of the comments both of them have made from time to time, I seriously think she IS delusional enough to think she got into the F3 the first time because the fans really loved her, and then of course, wanted her back this season.
    Seriously. Delusional.

As for the whine fest about Mark wanting someone else, well, why the heck wouldn't he? There are so many better dancers than her... but suck it up and do your best and shut the heck up.

Kirstie doesn't whine that Maks would have prefered someone better than her.

This is so silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobi
    The outrageous venom against her is simply because her mother is a conservative politician number 1, and 2, to make matters worse, she is an unwed mother with the worst imaginable red neck, sleaze, loser former boyfriend as father to the child.
    You don't think it has ANYthing to do with the fact that she is a poor dancer compared to the rest and yet her rabid fans pushed her to the number three spot her season? Or that she is boring to watch? Nothing like that?

Some people hate her because she's Sarah's daughter, some, because she's the show's vehicle to ratings and the judges will love her as long as the money rolls in, and some, they hate her because she's a whiny brat with no claim to fame whatsoever. For some, it's that she does so well with little discernible talent. For many, it's all four.

But, the point is, there are many reasons to not like Bristol... to say otherwise is just false.

That horse is dead... I will not be back to beat it.

You and i are going to be great pen pals this season because i soooo agree with everything you just said lol

I will agree with all of you that there are plenty of reasons not to like Bristol. And I include myself among those who don't like her. But as far as the discussion about her "deserving" to be there - I think she deserves to be there as much as anyone else - TPTB asked her to do the show and the fans continue to vote her safe. I don't enjoy her or her attitude (which makes me think she is delusional). The comparison to Kristie - Kristie KNOWS she isn't going to win, so she is just having fun. I think Bristol actually thinks she could win. And I think that is why Mark and so many others are so irritated with her and her attitude this season.
    Tobi likes this.

FORT Fogey

She is only 21 and got poor advice from 'her people' to do this again. She would benefit from being out of the media for awhile and emerge, down the line, a grown woman with some accomplishments under her belt.

It should come as no surprise to her that she is experiencing the same backlash this year. And that is about her mother's politics. My heart goes out to her, she is just a kid. Her mother is an entirely different story! No sympathy there from me.

Separating her image from her mother is crucial. Join the young democrats, work for PETA, anything.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 10-13-2012 at 09:40 AM.

FORT Fogey

Bristol deserves to be there simply because they asked her to be there just like they asked all the rest of them. It has nothing to do with popularity, ability, or star quality.

Is she a star? We periodically beat this dead horse and to what avail? The determination of whether a contestant is "a star" is not left up to us, the viewers. How about Steve, the computer geek? I would call him brilliant and a highly successful businessman, but "a star"? Granted, he is certainly noteworthy in his field, but I wouldn't categorize him as "a star", and yet no one questioned him. There have been others.

Although unliked, Bristol has been on her family's Reality TV show which puts her in the same category as other contestants like the Kardascians, etc., who have been on the show....just to be fair in the discussion.
    Tobi, RBmumsie and sunshine3331 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I will agree with all of you that there are plenty of reasons not to like Bristol. And I include myself among those who don't like her. But as far as the discussion about her "deserving" to be there - I think she deserves to be there as much as anyone else - TPTB asked her to do the show and the fans continue to vote her safe. I don't enjoy her or her attitude (which makes me think she is delusional). The comparison to Kristie - Kristie KNOWS she isn't going to win, so she is just having fun. I think Bristol actually thinks she could win. And I think that is why Mark and so many others are so irritated with her and her attitude this season.
    Add to the list of reasons why some people don't like her (or more specifically, her participation in the show) my own two, which are that IMO, her "fans" are largely fans of her mother, who believe they are making a political statement with their vote that has absolutely nothing to do with the show or the dancing, and that Bristol seems to not really understand what it means to truly "work your ass off", and believes that her slightly more than half-hearted effort (on her first season, it was just half-hearted, but she has stepped it up a bit for All Stars) which is still FAR less effort than any of the rest of the cast are making to perfect their routines, is all that should be asked of her. Her grossly inflated sense of entitlement, and belief that her mediocrity should be rewarded either because of her last name, or because she has gotten away with it in the past, which I suspect goes beyond just her involvement in and attitude towards this show, and is the way she operates/thinks in her everyday life as well, is extremely unattractive to me. And yes, she's young, and that may be a contributing factor, but as has been mentioned, Shawn is younger but understands the concept that you need a superior work ethic in order to succeed. Bristol doesn't have a clue (but, of course, because she's succeeding anyway, due to her mothers' fan base, she'll never learn/grow from this experience the way she should either, which is sad).
    Last edited by ironcat; 10-13-2012 at 11:42 AM.
    maude~flanders and spockwhat like this.

+ Reply to Thread