+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

(Sorry for the double post but figured this should be a thread of it's own.)

Dancing With the Stars’ announces all-star cast: Bristol Palin, Kirstie Alley, Pamela Anderson and more
    By Emily Yahr

Bristol Palin will get another chance in the “DWTS” spotlight. (Adam Larkey - AP) ABC announced the “Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars” cast on Friday morning at Summer TV Press Tour 2012. The lineup is:

Bristol Palin

Pamela Anderson

Kelly Monaco

Melissa Rycroft

Shawn Johnson

Kirstie Alley

Joey Fatone

Helio Castroneves

Drew Lachey

Emmitt Smith

Apolo Ohno

Gilles Marini

Finally, ABC will let viewers vote for the 13th contestant — Sabrina Bryan, Carson Kressley or Kyle Massey — and the winner will be announced on “Good Morning America” on Aug. 27.

And just a note to those who love awkward situations: You may want to vote for Kyle Massey. Massey and his family have sued the producers of Bristol Palin’s reality show, claiming they originally came up with the concept, and got shut out at the last minute.
    ‘Dancing With the Stars’ announces all-star cast: Bristol Palin, Kirstie Alley, Pamela Anderson and more - The TV Column - The Washington Post

I am floored that my beloved Emmitt Smith is doing this All Star thing!!! And someone find Kara because Gilles is too! I am WAY over Bristol 2.0, though.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

I wasn't expecting much from this cast, but am pleasantly surprised. I'm shocked Sabrina wasn't part of the original line up, and will LMAO if she isn't voted in. However, it's probably too good to be true to not have her be part of it. On the girls side, the only 2 I care about seeing are Pamela and Kirstie. Shawn and Kelly are okay but not anyone I'll be rooting for. Please let Bristol and Melissa be voted off ASAP.

On the guys side-very surprised but thrilled Apolo and Emmitt are back! Could do without Helio, but it'll be interesting to see how some of these celebs and past champions do with a new partner. Of course, Gilles is already my favorite for the trophy Get him and the Chmerkovskiy's in a team dance together... I'll take a bet a guy takes the crown this year.
    Last edited by karalott; 07-27-2012 at 02:24 PM.
    jucamer likes this.

Yay! Drew Lachey!!! Boo Bristol Palin!
    karalott, Allie and chrisg like this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I wasn't expecting much from this cast, but am pleasantly surprised. I'm shocked Sabrina wasn't part of the original line up, and will LMAO if she isn't voted in. However, it's probably too good to be true to not have her be part of it. On the girls side, the only 2 I care about seeing are Pamela and Kirstie. Shawn and Kelly are okay but not anyone I'll be rooting for. Please let Bristol and Melissa be voted off ASAP.

On the guys side-very surprised but thrilled Apolo and Emmitt are back! Could do without Helio, but it'll be interesting to see how some of these celebs and past champions do with a new partner. Of course, Gilles is already my favorite for the trophy Get him and the Chmerkovskiy's in a team dance together... I'll take a bet a guy takes the crown this year.
    There you are, Kara.

Emmitt, Gilles and Drew all danced with Cheryl, right Kara? I wonder if one of them will partner with her again and how they will decide who that would be?
    karalott likes this.
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

I think Bristol Palin will be voted out MUCH earlier than she expects. If the ratings for her reality show (and the one about her mom) are any indication, people just aren't interested any more. That makes me happy since I don't want her on my TV and I really want to watch this season!

I'll be curious to see how they handle the partner situation since several pros have multiple partners returning. Are they putting the all-stars with new pros? Sorry, didn't watch this morning, so I don't know if they did anything more than just announce the cast?

I know lots of people have strong feelings about Melissa, but she was Tony's best shot to date at winning. I don't know that she can win with this competition, but I loved seeing Tony get a partner who could dance. He just looked so happy throughout that season with Melissa.
    Allie, sclilred1, LuckyMom and 3 others like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I have similar feelings on this cast to many of you. The only choice I can't stand is Bristol. Here's hoping she goes in the first elimination.

I am also curious about partners. I think it would be most fair if each celebrity got a partner they didn't have before (as long as poor Tony doesn't get Bristol). It would also give us a chance to judge how different pros are able to do the same star versus their former partners.
    NFL1, karalott and Allie like this.

So excited about Apolo being on! I'm totally shocked though. I'm also looking forward to seeing Drew, Emmitt, Melissa, and Shawn. There are several I could do without but it looks pretty good. I'm wondering if Peta will get the chance to partner one of the stars. I came to enjoy her last season with DD.
    karalott likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Not sure how Bristol got back in as an all star, but the rest of the cast is Amazing! Looking forward to this season, and I haven't been able to say that lately.
    karalott and Allie like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Drew and Apolo, my two favorites...yay!
    karalott and libgirl2 like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Agree with the rest of you. I opened it up and screamed "NO" when I saw Bristol at the top of the list. Then I read the rest of the list and felt much better. She's really the only one I don't like. As for the vote in - I'd be happy with either Carson or Kyle, please no Sabrina!!
    karalott and JavaJo like this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1234567891011 ... LastLast