+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

FORT Newbie

Re: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

I am happy with the cast. Pam is an odd choice but everyone else made it too the finals. Regarding Bristol, I am not a fan but the producers knew they would draw some buzz/controversy by casting her and can justify that she made it to finals.

As far as pairings, Kirstie was on Good Afternoon America and more or less said she knew who her partner was and it wasn't Maks. If everyone gets new partners, I'd like to see:
    Drew/Chelsie
    Emmett/Peta
    Helio/Cheryl
    Gilles/Karina
    Apollo/Anna
    Joey/Peta

Kirstie/Tony
    Melissa/Maks
    Pamela/Mark
    Kelly/Derek
    Shawn/Val
    Bristol/Triston

I hope Kyle gets the fan vote!
    LuckyMom and Fanny Mare like this.

Quote Originally Posted by badora View Post
    I am happy with the cast. Pam is an odd choice but everyone else made it too the finals. Regarding Bristol, I am not a fan but the producers knew they would draw some buzz/controversy by casting her and can justify that she made it to finals.

As far as pairings, Kirstie was on Good Afternoon America and more or less said she knew who her partner was and it wasn't Maks. If everyone gets new partners, I'd like to see:
    Drew/Chelsie
    Emmett/Peta
    Helio/Cheryl
    Gilles/Karina
    Apollo/Anna
    Joey/Peta

Kirstie/Tony
    Melissa/Maks
    Pamela/Mark
    Kelly/Derek
    Shawn/Val
    Bristol/Triston

I hope Kyle gets the fan vote!

Maks and Melissa would make for an interesting pair since he just about came out and called her a ringer when she replaced Nancy O'Dell in her season....
    I voted for Kyle! I love Carson but Kyle became such a great dancer - I think he deserves it. Aww why do you dislike Tristan - putting him with that girl
    karalott likes this.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Maks and Melissa would make for an interesting pair since he just about came out and called her a ringer when she replaced Nancy O'Dell in her season....
    I voted for Kyle! I love Carson but Kyle became such a great dancer - I think he deserves it. Aww why do you dislike Tristan - putting him with that girl
    I know but someone has to be with Bristol and it won't be Derek or Mark (at least I don't think). Tony has been punished enough over the seasons and I don't see Maks allowing it so then it was Val or Triston. I almost flip flopped them as Triston and Shawn could be a good match too. I found the guys easier to pair up than the girls. Again strictly a guess. The only rumor I heard was Kelly and Derek.

Edited to add: I just saw that I had Peta twice and not Kym. Since Kym was with Joey I will keep Peta with Joey and Kym with Emmett.
    Last edited by badora; 07-28-2012 at 03:02 PM.

Okay, so if everyone gets a new pro, the pairings I'd like to see are:

Gilles/Karina
    Emmitt/Kym
    Drew/Chelsie (though if Kyle is voted in, I'd like to see Chelsie with him!)
    Joey/Cheryl
    Helio/Peta
    Apollo/Anna

Kelly/Maks
    Melissa/Val
    Shawn/Tristan
    Kirstie/Tony
    Bristol/Derek
    Pam/Mark

For the record, I really wouldn't want to stick Bristol with anyone...the only reason I said Derek is because it was either hm or Tristan, and I'd hate to see Tristan get stuck with her...with this possibly being Derek's last season, I'd rather see someone else shine.

That is my dream list! However, I'm sure Derek will either get Melissa or Shawn, Pam will end up either with Val or Maks....and Bristol will probably end up with Tristan, as much as I hate to see that happen! I think Joey would be good for Cheryl, because she really can't play up the sex thing with him, since he is more goofy...Drew/Chelsie would be adorable (so would Kyle/Chelsie or even Apollo/Chelsie).

I'm sure it was mentioned before, but when do we find out the pairings?
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Karina is the only female pro yet to have football player, isn't she? If so, maybe she'll get Emmitt. Of course, Kym, Cheryl, and Anna have all had more than one partner who was in the NFL, so it's not like they look at being even about that sort of thing.

If Kirstie isn't with Maks, then the only 2 I could logically see her with would be Val or Tony, unless they bring Dmitry back. She'd tower over Mark, and would probably be too tall for Derek or even Tristan. Mark had said after his original season with Bristol that it was the best season he had ever had and something to the effect of she was his favorite partner. Because other pros may not want Bristol, and that might have been her condition for returning to be paired with him. Since Mark is the only pro I don't like, and I can't stand Bristol, I'd be fine with them being paired Especially since I don't see her having the same impact as last time.

Chelsie would need to be with someone on the shorter side-maybe Apolo or Drew? Cheryl will probably get Gilles. Mark would need Shawn, Bristol, or Sabrina, because I think the other ladies (except maybe Kelly), would be too tall for him. I don't see Peta getting another football player after last season. Kym might go to Joey, or Peta. If I had to take a guess, not factoring in wild cards:

Bristol/Mark
    Kirstie/Val
    Kelly/Derek
    Melissa/Tony
    Pamela/Maks
    Shawn/Tristian

Apolo/Chelsie
    Drew/Anna
    Emmitt/Karina
    Helio/Kym
    Gilles/Cheryl
    Joey/Peta

I'm probably way off, but just a guess.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    That's why I'd like to see them get new partners. Not just because it'd be an unfair advantage for us to remember the chemistry and how well they did with a previous partner (and really, Cheryl has the decked stacked with any of her previous partners). But it'd be great to see what we come up with with new partnerships completely. I just don't want to see the some old boring story line and routines and what worked the first time coming up. According to DWTSGossip, Shawn was a last minute addition, so I wonder who's spot she took. And in regards to Sabrina, I know she'll likely get power voted in, but I wonder if the show did that on purpose just so they could justify he 'most shocking elimination and what a huge fan favorite to never win' status even more I hope Tristan gets a partner that can actually move this season, and Val gets someone who can take him beyond week 3.
    I haven't read through all the posts, so someone may have responded to this. But I wonder if Shawn was a late addition because of the Olympics. Until about a month ago, when she retired, she was heading to London. I was actually surprised, because I thought she retired because of the problems with her knee. Maybe dancing is less stressful than gymnastics?
    jucamer likes this.

Sorry for the double post, but I was interested so I thought others might be too. Of the past seasons, the AS come from Seasons 1-5, 8, 10-12 (and 13 if Carson is voted in). None from 6,7,9 or 14. What is also interesting to me is that Season 8 has the entire F3 coming back - and, at least in my opinion that was the best F3 I remember. That was actually the season I came back, after skipping 6 and 7. I also find it interesting that even though he is considered the "Golden Boy", none of Derek's former partners made the cut.

ETA: Maybe the producers will take note that many of our most beloved past contestants come from the early seasons - before they really started manipulating and playing for the drama and craziness!

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    ... What is also interesting to me is that Season 8 has the entire F3 coming back - and, at least in my opinion that was the best F3 I remember. That was actually the season I came back, after skipping 6 and 7. I also find it interesting that even though he is considered the "Golden Boy", none of Derek's former partners made the cut.
    Yes, I noticed that they have the full F3 from Season 8. I'm surprised that any winners are returning but especially surprised that shawn wants to return since Gilles is sure to be a fan favorite. I always thought she was the weakest of the F3 that season but she did the best on the final dance and earned the win. I was a Mellisa fan that season after I accidentally watched the last episode of TB which made her famous.

Regarding Derek, the fact that his former partners are not returning could mean nothing, or may mean those partners give him credit for their past success and they don't want to try again with a different partner.

Overall, I find the women in the cast much less interesting than the men.
    KatesMom and jucamer like this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

GRRRRR. Bristol again? AND Melissa? FFS, you damn producers.

More than likely, I think the Voice will be on the same night as DWTS so I won't be watching anyways. Will have to catch the dances that are not Melissa or Bristol late at night or the next day.

Although I like most of the cast, I am also surprised at so many winners signing on. It should either be all winners OR people who made it to the F6. Because if you won and then lose to someone who even didn't make F2 the first time that would really suck. Especially for those who the fans didn't think should have won in the first place. Gonna be interesting around here that's for sure.

So far the only pairings I would like are

Apolo/Chelsie
    Pam/Tristan or Maks
    Joey/Cheryl
    Gilles/Kym

One thing that I don't like about the voting is the fact that all 3 have been doing the Live in Vegas show, so they have advantages over anyone else, even Carson. This rigging crap is getting on my nerves (BigBrother), is it really entertaining to watch someone win because it "just played out" that way? pfffttt

Oh and because I am still ranting, bring back Damian! That guy is so HOT! (and I rarely like blondes)
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I haven't read through all the posts, so someone may have responded to this. But I wonder if Shawn was a late addition because of the Olympics. Until about a month ago, when she retired, she was heading to London. I was actually surprised, because I thought she retired because of the problems with her knee. Maybe dancing is less stressful than gymnastics?
    I saw her interviewed with Apolo on E! the day of the announcement, and she said she was offered the slot either the day or the week (can't recall) she announced her retirement, which was back on June 3rd. Said it helped her a lot because it came at a really tough time for her.

All in all, I'm very excited about most of this cast. Could've done without Pam and Bristol. THRILLED Helio, Apolo, and to a lesser extent Shawn are back on. They are my picks, but I'll have to figure out which of the 2 guys to vote for, since I don't usually split my votes. I'm also thrilled there doesn't seem to be a reason for ABC to enlist Corky's services this season.

I saw Extra today, and Bristol said Mark won't be her partner, and we already know Kirstie let it out Maks won't be hers. I am assuming they are changing up all partnerships to make it fair.

Kelly is 100% with Derek IMO based on what she said at her fan event a couple weeks ago. So, assuming Derek has Kelly, the same pros from last season come back, no one gets a repeat partner, and not counting the wild card spot, the possibilities pairings-wise are as follows. My guesses are in bold based on height and other factors (i.e. not pairing Peta with a football player again, not pairing Tristan with an older contestant 3 seasons in a row, Tony's propensity to get stuck with duds, etc.):

Derek: Kelly
    Mark: Kirstie, Melissa, Pam
    Maks: Bristol, Melissa, Pam, Shawn
    Val: Bristol, Kirstie, Melissa, Pam, Shawn
    Tristan: Bristol, Kirstie, Melissa, Pam, Shawn
    Tony: Bristol, Kirstie, Pam, Shawn

Cheryl: Apolo, Helio, Joey
    Chelsie: Apolo, Drew, Emmett, Gilles, Helio, Joey
    Anna: Apolo, Drew, Emmett, Gilles, Helio, Joey
    Peta: Apolo, Drew, Emmett, Gilles, Helio, Joey
    Karina: Apolo, Drew, Emmett, Gilles, Helio, Joey
    Kym: Apolo, Drew, Emmett, Gilles, Helio