+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

So ABC has the pros listed on their website...I'm guessing this is it? Just no pairings announced until Aug. 13th, if it doesn't get leaked out before (and then whoever the 13th celeb is). Conrad Green said there will be a double elimination, and that the judging will be tweaked (I guess to make them actually judge-hopefully it doesn't mean they will be more cruel in their comments, and not tippy toe around the horrible dancers by overscoring and overpraising them).

Long time since I've posted.. Usually just read everyone's thoughts.. BUT, I have to say that the only way this will be fair to all the celebs is that they ALL have a new partner. I know there's some couples that have been favorites that we'd all love to see again.. But when you really think about it, if some couples have been partnered before and some haven't, those that have will have an automatic advantage. I think it'd be interesting to see how they all do with a new partner!

Ok, I'll end my rant now, lol!
    Success isn't permanent, and failure isn't fatal.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissytina View Post
    Long time since I've posted.. Usually just read everyone's thoughts.. BUT, I have to say that the only way this will be fair to all the celebs is that they ALL have a new partner. I know there's some couples that have been favorites that we'd all love to see again.. But when you really think about it, if some couples have been partnered before and some haven't, those that have will have an automatic advantage. I think it'd be interesting to see how they all do with a new partner!
    Ok, I'll end my rant now, lol!
    That's why I'd like to see them get new partners. Not just because it'd be an unfair advantage for us to remember the chemistry and how well they did with a previous partner (and really, Cheryl has the decked stacked with any of her previous partners). But it'd be great to see what we come up with with new partnerships completely. I just don't want to see the some old boring story line and routines and what worked the first time coming up. According to DWTSGossip, Shawn was a last minute addition, so I wonder who's spot she took. And in regards to Sabrina, I know she'll likely get power voted in, but I wonder if the show did that on purpose just so they could justify he 'most shocking elimination and what a huge fan favorite to never win' status even more I hope Tristan gets a partner that can actually move this season, and Val gets someone who can take him beyond week 3.

Wow! How lucky can we get with this male cast! The ladies don't have chance with all this "guy" candy on our screen. With the exception of Bristol's return (?) I am looking forward to this all-star season!
    karalott and Allie like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Maybe Bristol will break a leg before the show starts and have to bow out.

I'm not saying someone should do it to her on purpose. I'm counting on fate to intervene.

I guess I'm the only one upset about so many winners being picked. How about giving someone else a shot??? Anyway I adored Emmitt and Drew. I like Melissa and Joey. I can't believe Bristol is on again & I will vote my butt off so Sabrina doesn't get the last spot. I hear my Maks will be back though Now I just have to hope Val is back too. Kara maybe we can get a Chmerkovskiy Team Dance with Gilles in the middle
    karalott and LuckyMom like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

It's an All-Star season so I expect winners to be cast! I don't expect third-place finishers to be included. What's up with that?? Were they unable to get more of the winners and runners-up to return?

I don't mind Melissa. I can't believe so many people hate her. I don't watch the Bachelor anymore, though, so maybe my opinion of her would be different if I had seen her there. I don't think her dancing should be judged on her personality outside the show.

Yeah, I'm a hypocrite. I do that exact thing with Bristol.
    karalott likes this.

I know others have mentioned this, but I was curious about partnering. Here is a list of everyone's original partners:

Bristol Palin - Mark Ballas
    Pamela Anderson - Damien Whitewood
    Kelly Monaco - Alec Mazo
    Melissa Rycroft - Tony Dovolani
    Shawn Johnson - Mark Ballas
    Kirstie Alley - Maksim Chmerkovskiy
    Joey Fatone - Kym Johnson
    Helio Castroneves - Julianne Hough
    Drew Lachey - Cheryl Burke
    Emmitt Smith - Cheryl Burke
    Apolo Ohno - Julianne Hough
    Gilles Marini - Cheryl Burke

Sabrina Bryan - Mark Ballas
    Carson Kressley - Anna Trebunskaya
    Kyle Massey - Lacey Schwimmer

At least half of them will have to have new partners due to sharing pros, or the pros having left the show a while ago. I wonder where Mark's loyalties will take him, (or if any other pro will want to work with Bristol). I know Carson is going to win the poll by a landslide, but it would be interesting if Kyle made it, considering he is currently suing Bristol's production company because they froze him out of her reality show, which originally was supposed to be about the two of them living in LA. I love Damien and hope he comes back, but I kind of hope Pamela gets another pro, someone taller/darker/more smouldering. Damien's great, but depending on the height of Pam's heels she sometimes towered over him...
    karalott likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

I wouldn't be surprised for Pamela to get one of the Chmerkovskiy's (likely Val, as I could see Kirstie going to Maks). Mark and Cheryl are bound to get one of their past partners. I pity whoever gets Bristol. Mark would need to be with one of them based on height, anyway. The other ladies would be too tall for him, except maybe Kelly, but he doesn't seem to get that demo of female celebs as a partner. I also thought Kelly was going to be partnering Derek? Or was that all a rumor? It sounds like we're having the same pros as last season, and Louis tweeted he's "maybe" in-which I guess means he'll partner Sabrina if she's voted back in? Unless they decide to do a huge stunt this season with a male/male pairing and partner him with Carson or Kyle. If Lacey isn't back and Kyle is voted back in, I think he'd have to go to Chelsie based on height. Melissa I believe would also have to be a Tony/Val/Maks pairing because of her height.

I'm more curious with the guys; 3 of Cheryl's partners, so at least 2 of them going to a different pro, and both of Julianne's former celebs will be going to a new pro. I don't know if they'll pair Joey/Kym together again. Right now, I'd say Apolo, Gilles, and Emmitt have the edge, with Joey right behind. I really don't see any of the women making a dent, except Shawn, maybe Kelly if she has the soap fan votes, and Sabrina. I just want Bristol gone, out. But, thank the reality TV gods and all that's holy, we didn't get Kate back. It's sad that I'd much rather take a full season of Bristol than even fathom the idea of Kate returning. But I'm with those who don't think Bristol will have the charge this season, especially going up against some very popular former celebs and winners.

jucamer, I hear what you're saying about all the winners. I'm surprised they have so many, as I didn't expect more than maybe like 2 or 3. I'm happy with the winners coming back, and based on the fact that only Pamela is the lone non finalist in the line up, I feel like they can actually call it an AS cast. I was sort of hoping for more second chances and redemptions from early booted celebs who had a really bad week or were taken out due to injury, or finalists who may have just been up against someone much more popular that they didn't stand a chance. I'm also pleasantly surprised they have just as many people from the early seasons as the later ones. I didn't really expect that. It's hard to say who could be a first boot or even an early boot since everyone is coming in with a built in fan base, and having a new pro will definitely be a change from their previous stint, for better or worse.

Conrad Gree has said that there will be several double eliminations, and some weeks no eliminations, due to the election. I just hope the judges have their act together, actually judge, don't play favorites or hold grudges, don't gloss over pitiful poor dancing to keep someone around for ratings sake, stay in their seats, stop the drooling, the arm flailing, the fan girl cheering, and aren't giving 9s out week 1.

^ Yes the judging should be a lot tougher this time, since everyone has been through this before, in most cases all the way to the finals. Plus, this season, the show has no control over whether or not some of the stars have been taking dance lessons before the season. For all we know, some of them kept it up for the sheer workout or enjoyment of it. I think the weaker people will become obvious the very first night, so it will be harder for the judges to play favorites, or for the producers to interfere. At least I hope...
    karalott likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread