+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

Re: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

I'm thinking it's gonna be a Gilles-Apolo-Sabrina final. Joey, Shawn and Melissa will be 4-5-6, not in that order.

I'm so happy for Louis! He said something interesting -- "I can already see that we're gonna go with the nitty-gritty stuff!" Makes you wonder if part of the reason he's never had a winner is that he's held back too much on choreography if he thought his partner couldn't handle it.

Early exits will be Bristol, Pam and Kirstie. Drew will be this season's Injury Case (always working wounded), although Melissa may take that crown again too -- she always finds a way to get banged up somehow.

I could watch Apolo in those jeans all day long...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'm thinking it's gonna be a Gilles-Apolo-Sabrina final. Joey, Shawn and Melissa will be 4-5-6, not in that order.

I'm so happy for Louis! He said something interesting -- "I can already see that we're gonna go with the nitty-gritty stuff!" Makes you wonder if part of the reason he's never had a winner is that he's held back too much on choreography if he thought his partner couldn't handle it.

Early exits will be Bristol, Pam and Kirstie. Drew will be this season's Injury Case (always working wounded), although Melissa may take that crown again too -- she always finds a way to get banged up somehow.

Apolo does look verrrrrrrry hot. I couldn't understand what Louis had said , about going with the nitty- gritty stuff, but now it makes sense.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    I recall checking Twitter last season and Maks and Derek had the highest twitter followers, both were in the 100K + range with the rest following way behind. Some being in the 40-80K range. Now Cheryl and Karina have roughly 250,000+ more followers than last season. They have suddenly surpassed Maks and Derek by at least 100K. Mark also has way more than he had last season too. So I wouldn't be surprised if any of this is true. Seems though that all 5 may have participated in this "buying followers game" because Maks and Derek's numbers have increased exponentially as well.
    You aren't the only one that finds buying twitter followers fascinating. An actress on a TV show I watch recently bought followers to appear more popular, and while reading about the speculation I found a website called twittercounter where you can explore a twitter user's follower trends over different periods of time. I put in Cheryl, Karina, and Derek's twitter account names, and the the site generated the following graph: Cheryl Burke Twitter Stats - Twitter Counter

Both Cheryl and Karina have suspicious looking changes in their follower numbers over the last three months, while Derek has a very steady curve. For example Cheryl had a steady gain of around 100-150 followers a day through July, but between August 1st and 2nd, her follower count jumps up nearly 6000. She continues to have increases of nearly 6000 followers per day for the next 6 days. It looks very much like she paid for a gain of 40,000 followers over a 7-day period. After August 7th, Cheryl's follower gain went back to a rate of 100-150 followers per day. You can put in anyone else's account name and make more graphs if you're interested.
    Last edited by Valancy; 09-22-2012 at 08:49 PM.
    karalott and JunkieGirl like this.

Based on the video, it looks like Bristol's main problem is still her inability to let go of her inhibitions. I don't know if she thinks she'll look foolish if she plays it sexy, but what happens is that she looks foolish for not doing the choreography the way it's supposed to be danced. I don't think she's uncoordinated, she's just stiff and awkward and doesn't dance full out.

I loved seeing Tony so happy. He obviously has a great relationship with Melissa. I like seeing him have fun again. I hope they make it far.

I never liked Sabrina, but it's nice to see Louis with someone who can dance.

I was surprised at how good Kelly looked considering how long it's been for her. I was happy to see that she's put on a little bit of weight. When she was filming Dirty Soap she was SO thin, to the point of looking unhealthy. While she was on that show, she joked that it was a good thing her chest hadn't disappeared. She looked SO scrawny from the waist down though. It wasn't attractive and she knew it. Glad to see her looking better. I fear that her fan base isn't as large though, so I don't think she'll last more than a few weeks. Pity, I think she and Val look so hot together and I'd love to see him stay in the competition beyond week 3 or 4!

Gilles and Peta look really hot together too. IMO, he's the best man in the competition. I really would love to see him win and, not only beat Shawn, but all of the other all-stars too!
    karalott and Midol like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Apolo is looking good. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing him win this things.

It's nice to see Tony so happy. I think Melissa was his best partner and they seem to have such a good relationship so I hope they stick around for awhile this season.

And the Bristol and Mark pairing is unwatchable to me. Thank goodness for the remote so I don't have to watch.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa66 View Post
    It's just crazy on Twitter, with the couple accounts - ChelioFans - Shawnough - whatever they're all called. I guess just any fan can set up an account for a couple and start begging for followers. Maybe they should buy some followers instead of begging, if that's the whole point of Twitter, having the most.
    The "couple accounts" are hilarious. They beg, plead and whine for followers and tweet and retweet anything and everything the celebrity/pro tweet. What's so funny with the retweeting is they don't seem to realize they are not reaching a new audience - they are just spamming THEIR followers. Some of these uber fans also beg, plead and whine to the celebrity or pro to follow them, brag about the follow to their cronies when it happens and then shamelessly seek another target to start the cycle again. Social media can be fun and a very effective promotional tool, but it also has its creepiness with the stalkers and spammers.

I had no idea you could buy these twits to follow you.I am still not sure how that works. Who are they? I prefer to just watch the dancing, and vote on-line.Anything else seems silly to me.
    I also don't see what the fuss is about though, if they beg or pay, that's up to them.
    Florimel likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post

If those are the top three, I could be happy if Apolo won, because he really is a good dancer, and he'd have proved it with two different partners. If Sabrina were to win, I could be happy for Louis and hopeful that we would never have to hear the story of her tragic early ouster ever again. But I'd really want it to be Gilles, because he came so close last time, Apolo already has won the silly mirror ball along with a bunch of Olympic medals of which he is even more proud (and justifiably so), and Sabrina...well, while I would be sad for Louis, I would like to think that DWTS/ABC would finally get the idea that no matter how hard they push a Disney star, the audience just may not care anyway.
    Midol likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    If those are the top three, I could be happy if Apolo won, because he really is a good dancer, and he'd have proved it with two different partners. If Sabrina were to win, I could be happy for Louis and hopeful that we would never have to hear the story of her tragic early ouster ever again. But I'd really want it to be Gilles, because he came so close last time, Apolo already has won the silly mirror ball along with a bunch of Olympic medals of which he is even more proud (and justifiably so), and Sabrina...well, while I would be sad for Louis, I would like to think that DWTS/ABC would finally get the idea that no matter how hard they push a Disney star, the audience just may not care anyway.
    I didn't know Sabrina was a Disney star. I will have to look her up.I wasn't terribly interested in her, but with everyone posting about her( well, on this forum) . I am now.The dance forum I belong to rarely mentions her.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I didn't know Sabrina was a Disney star. I will have to look her up.I wasn't terribly interested in her, but with everyone posting about her( well, on this forum) . I am now.The dance forum I belong to rarely mentions her.
    Star may be an exaggeration. I don't watch Disney. But I remember that the first time around, she was on some Disney show, and I think I read somewhere that she currently voices a character on another Disney show. I'm not sure if that qualifies her as a Disney "star," because I don't know what it takes to be a star on a network I don't watch. But she certainly is/was a Disney employee, just as many of DWTS's younger contestants have been. Same thing with their selections of soap stars/reality stars--they go with ABC employees. I'm not saying that's not understandable. It's just true.

And, come to think of it, DWTS uses the word "star" pretty freely anyway. Lots of people who've appeared haven't exactly been what I would normally consider a "star" in their fields. Much as I enjoyed Gilles his season and expect to enjoy him this season, for instance, I don't think he was all that widely well known when he first appeared on DWTS.

+ Reply to Thread