+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

Re: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    Maks on his knees with Kirstie somewhere else and ME standing where she is!!!! LOL.

Did you see him on Wendy Williams show? He was wearing some TIGHT white jeans and lookin' fine. You can watch it online.
    Well of course that's what I meant - Maks and me ALONE! I didn't know he was on Wendy's show - I have to go search for it. Thanks AZ!

Tristan has finally started tweeted (@TristanMacManus) and he tweeted that he and Pamela were traveling to Rio de Janeiro yesterday. Hopefully they'll get some practice in! Pamela tweeted some pictures of her on the airplane and also doing a split in the airport in Dallas. Very nice split, indeed.

I'm starting to really get excited about seeing Pam & Tris, and also Apolo. I'm already a bit tired of hearing about Gilles' insecurities, desperation to win that trophy he deserved the first time but didn't want to take it away from a mere little girl, and his new injuries (Peta tweeted she waited over two hours in the doctor's office - don't know if that was for his injury - or hers - and I don't care.) And I even liked Gilles the first time but this intensity is turning me OFF.

I'm for Pam 1st, Apolo 2nd, and maybe Drew 3rd. Oh, and if I wasn't still upset about recent events involving guys whose names start with "Chm" I might be willing to support Kelly, my first DWTS fave, but it's hard for me. Especially with Val's appalling new hairstyle. Tristan has it too but he's handsome enough to pull it off. IMO, Val's face is already too broad and the skint sides make him look worse. Sheesh, I feel like a troll - sorry. I've been a Val supporter in the past and maybe I'll do a turnaround when the season starts. It's just been a rough time since Hope's book, and Val and Maks attacking certain female pros for possibly buying Twitter accounts, even while the charges against Maks were FAR more serious than that!!, and I need time to get over it.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by jucamer View Post
    Well of course that's what I meant - Maks and me ALONE! I didn't know he was on Wendy's show - I have to go search for it. Thanks AZ!
    Get in line Less than a week to go! I'll need to change my avvie once the show starts. I'm still hoping for a Gilles/Val/Maks team dance where we get to see them shirtless , like season 8s team tango with Gilles/Ty/Lil Kim. Given all the drama surrounding Maks because of Hope's alleged allegations (doesn't look like it did much to sell books), I really hope he has a fun season. Kirstie brought that less serious side out to him where he could be a big goof and have fun and not take it so seriously, and I hope that's the case again. I also the producers cut back on the stupid 'bad boy, tough teacher', editing, and keep the drama to a -10 this season. I'm so over every part of this show except Tom and the actual dances.

I'm also holding out hope Val can make it past week 3 this time. I don't think it's anything against him as a pro-and honestly, if Maks wasn't there, he might inherit his fanbase. He has Elisabetta, and I think he did well enough with Sherri. I was surprised she didn't have the fanbase to pull through a little longer. He and Kelly look amazing together. So I have high hopes for them! The only 2 I want gone first are Bristol and Sabrina. I don't like Melissa, but because of Tony, I'll deal with her. He probably won't get a partner like her again ever. Right now, Kirstie, Gilles, Kelly (for Val), Pamela, Drew, and Apolo are my faves. I'm still thinking it'll possibly be an all male final 3.

Also, former celebs are going to be returning to do dances during the results show on Tuesdays. I hope Mel B comes back for that.

I
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.

Oops. Sorry to put my foot in it. I myself have some problems with Hope refusing to do anything about what she says happened when she had a chance, but putting it in her book now. And if it's all true, I have an even bigger problem with the show throwing it back on her - they should have done something and not asked her.

Anyway, I've always been like a pendulum with Maks - I think he's handsome, talented, funny, and can be ever so charming (all that's true for Val too), but when controversial things happen, I get upset. Could be exactly what the show wants; they certainly are in charge of what we see in the rehearsal videos so not only must they think it's fine, they must also LIKE it. I just have mixed feelings and I'm not sure I agree with their approach. For all I know, they're encouraging him to ramp up the drama for ratings.

Anyway, I'll try to put a lid on it. I don't know the whole story and need to avoid leaping to any conclusions.

Anyone have any thoughts on Pamela's interview about having trouble with her lust for Tristan and wanting to chew through a table in sexual frustration?

Pamela Anderson's 'no men' vow put to the test
    Last edited by Elsa66; 09-13-2012 at 05:27 AM.

Kara, does DWTS start next Monday or a week from Monday?

I found this article that said September 24th but it's from July and that does seem kind of late in the month for the show to start...

"Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars" premieres Monday, Sept. 24, at 8 p.m., with the first results show airing the following night, ABC announced today (July 26).
    ‘Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars’: Premiere date announced, cast rumor roundup - Zap2it
    "Do you want to change the world?...Think Different, Be Different...Stay Hungry, Stay Foolish…Now, let’s go invent tomorrow.” – Steven Paul Jobs

Yup, it premieres Monday Sep. 24th at 8PM ET.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa66 View Post
    Tristan has finally started tweeted (@TristanMacManus) and he tweeted that he and Pamela were traveling to Rio de Janeiro yesterday. Hopefully they'll get some practice in! Pamela tweeted some pictures of her on the airplane and also doing a split in the airport in Dallas. Very nice split, indeed.
    *snipped*
    It's just been a rough time since Hope's book, and Val and Maks attacking certain female pros for possibly buying Twitter accounts, even while the charges against Maks were FAR more serious than that!!, and I need time to get over it.
    1st bold. Those two are going to bring some heat to this competition! Tristan finally gets a partner who isn't over 50! YAY! Hopefully she is more sensual than overtly sexual because many people (women) don't like her to begin with. She made it 6 weeks with an unknown pro, hope she gets further with Tristan who was unknown but became popular QUITE quickly.

2nd bold. Wait, what? What is going on with that situation, haven't heard anything. Why would people need to buy Twitter accounts?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I unfollowed Maks and Val but they were talking about someone (and it got figured out it was Karina and Cheryl) paying money to get Twitter followers. Apparently it's a pretty common practice - you get "bots" or something - people sit around creating empty accounts and selling them by the hundred thousand for a couple hundred dollars, something like that. I'm sorry I'm being so vague - I've forgotten because it was weeks ago. This was so soon after the Hope book that I was just annoyed that Maks and Val seemed to think that was such a terrible thing, even IF true, well, I've said too much already and don't have the tweets to back it up.

And I don't know if they did buy followers - and of course, I don't know if what Hope said was reasonable either! But apparently, it makes you look more successful to have more followers and maybe you're more likely to be hired for shows or extra engagements - or maybe your studios would be more popular? (Cheryl recently closed two of her three dance studios - Karina has a studio in L.A. somewhere.) Oh I don't know - I shouldn't have brought it up.

I'm ready to shake the Etch a Sketch I guess. Too much he said she said. In both cases and I've basically let it go after being very grumpy for a while. I think Maks and Val are probably more beloved because they "speak their minds" and say controversial things sometimes, or Maks teaches in a somewhat dictatorial or pushy way - however you want to describe it. Just a couple days ago Mark was being interviewed and asked if he didn't have Bristol, who he'd want her with. He said Tristan (or Louis) because they're patient, gentlemanly, sweet, etc. Then he was asked who he would not want her with and he, without hesitation, said Maks. That you can't yell "Do this - do that" to a complete amateur like Bristol - a young shy girl, yada yada.

But hey, dancemasters throughout time have been often considered domineering - and I believe it's associated with Russian teaching practices. Maybe it's the best thing for some people, like I think Gilles said?

I'm not obeying the proverb: If you're down in a hole, stop digging. I'll try to stop digging now. But I didn't want to leave your post unanswered. That's as rude as my earlier post that's so controversial. But now for something completely different...

I love to watch those little sexy dancing videos with Tristan and Pam that my avatar was taken from. I look forward to seeing them dance
    Last edited by Elsa66; 09-16-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    1st bold. Those two are going to bring some heat to this competition! Tristan finally gets a partner who isn't over 50! YAY! Hopefully she is more sensual than overtly sexual because many people (women) don't like her to begin with. She made it 6 weeks with an unknown pro, hope she gets further with Tristan who was unknown but became popular QUITE quickly.

2nd bold. Wait, what? What is going on with that situation, haven't heard anything. Why would people need to buy Twitter accounts?
    I didn't know people could buy twitter accounts. And I don't see why they'd need to, either, although given some D-list celebs having 1 million+ followers, now it makes sense

I'm excited for Tristan, because many counted Damian out of doing anything with her and they made it pretty far. Tristan reminded me of Damian when he joined, except he has an Irish accent instead of an Aussie one. I am glad the show has given the new pros more than one season to prove themselves, too. And she's not what I would consider a dud. But, I do wonder if she'll have the fanbase to pull it off for long. No one is going to surprising the viewers or proving anything the second time around, imo, so while Pam wasn't a complete trainwreck the first time and did decently, I don't know if she'll have the fan support to make it half way this time. She and Tristan are one of my favorites, and I really want to see how well Tristan can do with someone that can move.

And I thought I read it was starting this Monday-guess I got a little excited at seeing my Chmerkovskiy boys
    jucamer likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Elsa66 View Post

I'm starting to really get excited about seeing Pam & Tris, and also Apolo. I'm already a bit tired of hearing about Gilles' insecurities, desperation to win that trophy he deserved the first time but didn't want to take it away from a mere little girl, and his new injuries (Peta tweeted she waited over two hours in the doctor's office - don't know if that was for his injury - or hers - and I don't care.) And I even liked Gilles the first time but this intensity is turning me OFF.

I'm for Pam 1st, Apolo 2nd, and maybe Drew 3rd. Oh, and if I wasn't still upset about recent events involving guys whose names start with "Chm" I might be willing to support Kelly, my first DWTS fave, but it's hard for me. Especially with Val's appalling new hairstyle. Tristan has it too but he's handsome enough to pull it off. IMO, Val's face is already too broad and the skint sides make him look worse. Sheesh, I feel like a troll - sorry. I've been a Val supporter in the past and maybe I'll do a turnaround when the season starts. It's just been a rough time since Hope's book, and Val and Maks attacking certain female pros for possibly buying Twitter accounts, even while the charges against Maks were FAR more serious than that!!, and I need time to get over it.

Gilles was immensely popular on this board. At the time there was rather dependable inside info that related that The Powers That Be had deemed and rejected a large chunk of Gilles' final votes as "dirty". On the other hand, Shawn had what we have come to know as the influential free-style dance, and in addition I think in any discussion of this type in retrospect we simply have to take into account that Shawn had just come off the hugely popular Summer Olympics where she had won Gold in front of a TV audience of 200 million. It could well be that her fan base kicked in at the last moment to carry her through. Since there is no voter accountability on the part of the producers or the show, we never really know what actually happens....

As to injuries.....the only injury that I remember taking at face value because I saw the effect that it actually had on the night of performance was Melissa's injury. She was unable to perform, and they actually had to use her rehearsal clip to score her. It never ceased to amaze me ( tongue in cheek) how well all the other dancers - Gilles included - came out and performed with all of their highlighted injuries.

Gilles performed remarkably well for someone whose shoulder - or whatever - was not in good shape. I am not worried about Gilles.They will pump him full of whatever they did before, and he will come out looking fantastic! ( kind of like Jennifer Gray)
    Critical likes this.

+ Reply to Thread