+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree139Likes

Thread: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

Re: DWTS All Stars Cast Announced

On another forum they said Louis was coming back - as the others were guys, I think the fix was in

I am not a fan of AS
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think the fix was in from the beginning too. I don't think the viewer vote had any effect at all. Just done to get buzz going.

When I first heard about the "contest" I figured TPTB were putting Sabrina there. The viewers didn't care for her the first time around, thus her elimination. But for some reason the show kept bringing her back for special stuff hoping we'd like her. We never did. I think all in all, the viewers resented her more for just not going away. It reminds me of the saying: "How can we miss you if you won't go away?"
    I wonder if it's the whole ABC/Disney thing. TPTB just didn't seem to get the hint.

Anyhow, I love Louie, but I hope once again viewer apathy toward Sabrina sends her home early, VERY early. Like in 1st or 2nd. Maybe they'll get the hint then.
    You can bet the judges will be praising her to the sky & giving her outrageously high scores hoping to force her on us longer.

I think I'd rather watch Bristol.
    karalott, Florimel and jucamer like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Not surprised Sabrina made it, and won't be surprised to see TPTB find a way for her to stay if the votes aren't there I don't get their fascination with her. She isn't all that, I don't think her elimination was all the shocking in hindsight (and all these seasons later). I don't think she has the votes to win, or even make the finals, so I'll think something's up if she does.

And I thought Bristol was a damper on the season. Even having Louis back isn't enough to make me want to watch her and the praise that's coming, and the weekly 'you were such a shocking elimination!' interview segments we'll probably be hearing from Brooke.
    Florimel likes this.

So my boy Louis finally gets a real dancer and it happens to be one of my least favorite contestants:/ I want her to leave early, but I just love my Louis! Booooooo!
    jucamer likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    So my boy Louis finally gets a real dancer and it happens to be one of my least favorite contestants:/ I want her to leave early, but I just love my Louis! Booooooo!
    I hope he does better than he did on SYTYCD.He choreographed something for them, it wasn't very good.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    I think the fix was in from the beginning too. I don't think the viewer vote had any effect at all. Just done to get buzz going.

When I first heard about the "contest" I figured TPTB were putting Sabrina there. The viewers didn't care for her the first time around, thus her elimination. But for some reason the show kept bringing her back for special stuff hoping we'd like her. We never did. I think all in all, the viewers resented her more for just not going away. It reminds me of the saying: "How can we miss you if you won't go away?"
    I wonder if it's the whole ABC/Disney thing. TPTB just didn't seem to get the hint.

Anyhow, I love Louie, but I hope once again viewer apathy toward Sabrina sends her home early, VERY early. Like in 1st or 2nd. Maybe they'll get the hint then.
    You can bet the judges will be praising her to the sky & giving her outrageously high scores hoping to force her on us longer.

I think I'd rather watch Bristol.
    I really, really wanted to 'like' your post Miss Scarlet, until that last sentence. Other than that I totally agree with everything else you said. The "vote" was never our vote, it was to get Sabrina in again.

I do have to say that I like the post that has Apolo as the odds on favourite, but am surprised that Helio is ahead of Gilles.
    jucamer likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Not surprised Sabrina made it, and won't be surprised to see TPTB find a way for her to stay if the votes aren't there I don't get their fascination with her. She isn't all that, I don't think her elimination was all the shocking in hindsight (and all these seasons later). I don't think she has the votes to win, or even make the finals, so I'll think something's up if she does.

And I thought Bristol was a damper on the season. Even having Louis back isn't enough to make me want to watch her and the praise that's coming, and the weekly 'you were such a shocking elimination!' interview segments we'll probably be hearing from Brooke.
    I thought she was good, but not that good. If she hadn't been eliminated early, I don't think she would have been nearly as praised as she is now because her weaknesses would have come out. I don't think she should have gone home that early in the competition, but I don't think she would have won either.
    karalott, ness and jucamer like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I never doubted that it would be Sabrina. I actually liked her on her season, but have gotten so sick of hearing about the biggest shocking elimination ever since then. Here's my question though, do others really think it was a fix? What do the producers gain by having her on if someone else won the voting? Isn't the whole goal to get viewers - such that they want the person the most people vote for? I will be the first one to agree that when it comes to the show, I don't put anything past them, so it is always possible. I'm just trying to understand what the show's motivation would be to trick the public and put a contestant in who wasn't the most popular of the three choices?

The obvious rigging of this show is precisely why I have stopped voting and now simply enjoy the dancing of those people whom I like to watch. I will be fast forwarding past Melissa, Bristol, and Sabrina, and will wish all the other good luck.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I will be fast forwarding past Melissa, Bristol, and Sabrina, and will wish all the other good luck.
    Hey! Switch Bristol and the Mindless Grin, and that's my precise first three boot preference.
    karalott, KrazeeKy07 and KatesMom like this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread