+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
Like Tree242Likes

Thread: 5/21 DWTS 14 Finale Part I Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/21 DWTS 14 Finale Part I Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Oh yes, when I said that Peta tends to make it more about herself, I just meant that she often does more of the dancing...which isn't necessary because Donald has shown that when given the content, he can handle it! She is in no way like Mark, who show boats and camera mugs!

I should've worded my post better...I didn't mean it how it sounded when I went back and read over it!

Man oh man, just watched Donald's freestyle again...and I'm still dancing!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    Oh yes, when I said that Peta tends to make it more about herself, I just meant that she often does more of the dancing...which isn't necessary because Donald has shown that when given the content, he can handle it! She is in no way like Mark, who show boats and camera mugs!

I should've worded my post better...I didn't mean it how it sounded when I went back and read over it!

Man oh man, just watched Donald's freestyle again...and I'm still dancing!
    Don't feel bad - my case I like Peta and for that reason I just don't want her turning into Mugs McSpats.

She just needs to IMHO work a bit more on carefully watching a dancer's strengths and weaknesses and play up more or less of her dancing to compliment them.

Now the freestyle - that was a perfect balance between the two. She still to me was moving a bit like a rag doll given she was spun around so much - but please note she was still and secure in her poses, just spun around a lot like how you see little kids spin a doll around.

Yeah, agreed! This was her really first full season with the show..I see her getting better with time!
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Each of the freestyles could have been better. Given Cheryl's experience with Gilles I was surprisingly underwhelmed by her freestyle. Of course William often underwhelms me, but I'm talking about the choreography. Katherine's dance had very good potential but was a little sloppy in spots. Since it was more ambitious than William's dance they pretty much had to give it a 30 despite the sloppiness. Donald's dance was the most enjoyable but clearly had some mistakes and lifts that were man-handled. Again they were pretty much forced to give it a 30 relative to William. We kept saying "Donny Osmond did better than this!"

So they are all within 1% of each other, leaving it, as usual, to the fans.

There has been a lot of unhappiness this season with the judge's scores, but most of the key eliminations came down to fan votes. Utlimately the judges were mostly a distraction--their scores could be thrown out and the results would remain the same.

While I still think Donald has plenty of votes to win the fact that Katherine had enough fan votes to bypass Maria's perfect score last week has me wondering: was that just a sympathy vote or does she really have a huge following?
    karalott likes this.

Just my two cents for what it is worth. For me personally I like to see underdogs come on to the show and learn how to dance. Celebs who have no prior dancing experience. For me those two were Maria and Donald. There were other parts of the equation that just made it fun to watch them. They brought fun and personality and were a joy to watch. They might not have been perfect, but who is perfect without being a pro?

IMO Cheryl made it all about sex with William. I thought after awhile it would die down, but right up to and including last night it continued to be about William's body more and less with his dancing. I blame Cheryl for that. I know at one point William objected, but I wonder how much he objected as it did continue. CA and Bruno have disgusted me with their actions this year especially, and if I had young children, I would never want them to watch.

Again, with Katherine she had prior experience with getting ready to perform in various productions which according to articles I read included extensive dance training. I would expect her to be a great dancer and she was. Was she perfect each week - my opinion would be no. She just never brought joy to me that the other two did. I just saw her go out and perform like she was told to.

Since Maria was eliminated and yes I will always wonder about the sympathy vote, but who really knows. Donald was the other dancer who brought joy to my viewing pleasure. Another non dancer who worked hard and went with a pro that did not have the experience of the others. I grew to really love Donald and I am not a cheesehead from Wisconsin.

I love the freestyle part of DWTS and really look forward to see what the pros come up with. Cheryl has left me underwhelmed in recent years and more so this year. I was not happy with the way she decided to show case William each and every week. She did the same last night. Their freestyle was just what I expected it to be and for me was the worst.

Katherine's was better, but for me it showcased Mark more than her. When it came to Donald I was blown away. I love all kinds of music and dancing - including country. I have danced both ballroom and country. I so enjoyed Donald and Peta's freestyle. It appeared that it was Donald's idea and I salute him for that. I have many favorite freestyles over the years, but that is not what last night was about. Last night Donald and Peta gave me a new all time favorite for my viewing pleasure. Donald and Peta were my choice and I really hope they win.
    karalott and cmurfi like this.

+ Reply to Thread