+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast
Like Tree332Likes

Thread: 5/14 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/14 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Thanks for the happenings. Since Maks and Melissa are gone, my 5 votes will be going to Donald. Can't wait to see the show on the west coast, and looking forward to the Bachelorette tonight too.
    karalott and TIA__MA like this.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

I got my votes in. Great TV night Smash is on first then DWTS!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Got all my votes in for Quickie: online and phone. Here's hoping many did the same.
    TIA__MA likes this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Well I'm impressed with all four of the finalist. While Maria and Donald are my favorites, William and Katherine would deserve to win as well.

I feel really bad for Katherine because despite however the judges have acted, that girl can dance and I would hate to see her lose because of what happened in one dance.

And William, really blew me away in that first dance and wasn't so bad in the last one, too. While I've been rooting for Donald and his 30, I can't help but feel like after tonight, that Cheryl is a much better choreographer than Peta.

I did so want Donald to do better tonight but feel like he just didn't have the routines to show off his vast talents.

Still, Maria is my top dog at this point in the competition. She is the one to me that has improved the most. She certainly did not start out on top and remained in the middle for a long time. While I do not believe her technique is at the level of Katherine's, I have been highly impressed with her routines on the whole. She not only brings talent in her dancing (and yes she is lucky to have Derek) but her personality and acting abilities shine through to the point where I hate to miss any of her routines.

She has that 'it' factor that you can't learn but have to be born with. Even if she does not win the competition, I hope she knows how well she has done and realizes that she can hold her head up with pride.

That being said, I'm still crazy about Donald too so if he wins, I won't be disappointed. He's also got 'it'.
    maude~flanders likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    Len gave Karina and JR the business last season for a jive that was a Lindy . . .

THEN tells Maria and Derek tonight that THAT wasn't a traditional jive, but that was OK?

This is WHY nobody respects them.
    Worse, Karina and JR had basically one lift and a couple of tiny flicks and they got docked pretty harshly for it.

In fact it was so anal-retentive of the judges (especially after the obvious biases in their judging) that Karina and JR used a brilliant fake out to get them back (I still love that bit).

So, yep, it's pretty obvious they're trying to keep at least either Mark or Derek in the finals. (I know one will be, but still...)

Yes, the judging is so bad here they make Tom's co-host (name escapes me right now because she's so stilted she makes stiltwalkers look unbalanced) look good.

As far as Katherine, she doesn't seem like someone who would fake an injury to get sympathy, and it was obvious to me that she was hurting after it. That said, while I would be OK with them being eliminated tomorrow night, I do not want it to be due to an injury.
    karalott likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat View Post
    Spatz has a "fake" concerned look on his face. You know inside he is just fuming that she caused them to be at the bottom of the leaderboard.
    I hope that they showed his face and any other reaction that may come about if they are in the bottom two or if they have to withdraw due to Katherine's injury. If it's ANYTHING fake, unpositive or ugly toward Katherine - they better bench him because I'm sorry - you can mug and showboat and whatever the heck you want to...

... but if you DARE disrespect your partner or don't care about them after they're injured you are doing this for the wrong reason and should take a time out.
    combatcutie and karalott like this.

FORT Fanatic

I don't think Katherine was faking her injury. She has never impressed me as anything but humble and truthful. She has a very successful career as a singer and I wouldn't think she would covet a mirror ball trophy so much as to actually fake an injury in order to help win it. She was hurting, that was clear. Anyone who has had even a minor back injury could see that. I have had one and it's my opinion that she was in real pain.
    maude~flanders and ilja like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mslady View Post
    I don't think Katherine was faking her injury. She has never impressed me as anything but humble and truthful. She has a very successful career as a singer and I wouldn't think she would covet a mirror ball trophy so much as to actually fake an injury in order to help win it. She was hurting, that was clear. Anyone who has had even a minor back injury could see that. I have had one and it's my opinion that she was in real pain.
    Oh, I'm sorry MsLady - I was referring to Mark's reaction and possible reactions tomorrow, not Katherine's.

I truly believe she is hurt - and watching Katherine in shows such as "Doctor Who," I doubt she'd fake an injury unless it really happened. She seems very sweet and genuine and thankful to be there.

Again sorry for the misconstrusion.
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry MsLady - I was referring to Mark's reaction and possible reactions tomorrow, not Katherine's.

I truly believe she is hurt - and watching Katherine in shows such as "Doctor Who," I doubt she'd fake an injury unless it really happened. She seems very sweet and genuine and thankful to be there.

Again sorry for the misconstrusion.

jadewarlock, actually I think I was writing my entry probably about the same time that you were writing yours. No need to apologize because my entry was not aimed at you. I'm sorry you assumed it was. All is well.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I hope that they showed his face and any other reaction that may come about if they are in the bottom two or if they have to withdraw due to Katherine's injury. If it's ANYTHING fake, unpositive or ugly toward Katherine - they better bench him because I'm sorry - you can mug and showboat and whatever the heck you want to...

... but if you DARE disrespect your partner or don't care about them after they're injured you are doing this for the wrong reason and should take a time out.
    He showed nothing but kindness and attention to Katherine

Congratulations to them both.
    J.D., maude~flanders and ilja like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread