+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree370Likes

Thread: 5/8 DWTS 14 : Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 5/8 DWTS 14 : Results Show **West Coast Spoilers**

In defense of Katherine is a very good dancer and a sweet personality. I really wish that she had been paired up with a more likeable of the pros who we complain tend get ringers though - Derek, because he dances to where his partner is featured more and to their strengths. Val or Louie would've also been a better match, though sadly if Louie came in, someone would have to be subbed out and you know the judges and producers won't choose Mark.

I have been picturing her dancing with Louie, and honestly I think had she been paired up with him - the personalities would mesh well, he would choreograph to her level and we'd be possibly accusing him of having a ringer.

Mark is just the Mark show - and yes, I feel they need to bench him a season or until he learns to give his partners more respect. (and yes, I find Derek overall a much more likeable person, and love his dancing, I just am disappointed he gets too many dancers who are seen as ringers or have dance experience).

Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    yes, I'm behind here.....and haven't read all the posts, just the first fifty or so.....why does everyone dislike Katherine so much and like Melissa? I'm confused.
    Bear in mind this is just my assessment, but hopefully it'll help out some. And honestly, while a lot of it has to do with her having Mark... a lot of it has to do with name brand.

Melissa will always be known as playing Laura Ingalls. I've personally seen her in many other roles - guest star and the like, and many of them quite serious - however, I see her in something at times, I automatically go "There's Laura Ingalls" instead of "There's Melissa Gilbert." Even though she has aged (and for the most part gracefully), people recognize her too whenever she speaks. The reason she has lasted as long as she has is because of that role, Maks being partnered with her, and overall pretty good dancing given her age.

Katherine however has two other strikes against her besides being partnered with an overall unlikeable dancer (because he does showboat) - she is not well-known unless you love opera, and she's not American and yet is dancing on an American show. People will know her if they watched the "Doctor Who" Christmas Special "A Christmas Carol" back in 2010, or have heard her sing a lot via opera.

Personally, I find Katherine a beautiful singer and a pretty good actress (the "DW" episode apparently was one of her first if not first acting role, and while fluffy, she did have to show depth in her role and did well). However, the combination of those three against a lot of familiar American actors and performers? - Dancing will only get you so far and when it comes down to people you know and enjoy watching on an American show versus an opera singer who has pretty much only one TV story to her name... people will vote the American first.
    karalott, Bet2Win and DancingDad like this.

...Katherine wasn't voted out. Melissa and Roshon were eliminated.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    ...Katherine wasn't voted out. Melissa and Roshon were eliminated.
    Sorry, I jumped the gun, and have edited my post accordingly. My assessment of Katherine though sticks.
    MFWalkoff likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007 View Post
    I don't like Kathryn because I feel like I know nothing of her personality or even if she does have one at all.
    MsDiva . . .

That's exactly the kind of thing I'm referring to regarding Katherine.

EXACTLY.
    karalott likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    MsDiva . . .

EXACTLY.
    I think that's why I get a fake and insincere vibe from her. It just seems like crying is on cue, the surprised reaction can be OTT and on cue. I used to feel that way watching Idol, when a known judges favorite got the high praise yet again, and acted like they were expecting the exact opposite. Sometime, it'd be nice for a celeb to just carry the arrogance of knowing they nailed it and aren't afraid to say they knew those 10s were coming and the judges are their biggest fans But I guess they can't really get away with saying that, even I tend to think it of some of the pros. But I really just don't like Mark, and he does overshadow any of his partners for me. It doesn't help when I find Katherine forgettable on top of it.

I really hope Donald makes his way into the finals next week, and it's Katherine who gets sent packing. While I don't want Derek winning a 4th time, or really Cheryl winning again, either, I could live and watch happily a William/Maria/Donald finale. I don't think Maria has a chance of winning, anyway, and I don't know if Donald could beat William or Katherine. But he'll be getting all my votes. If Maria and Katherine are the final 2, they better get out of the way, because they'll be a mad dash from their pros over the trophy. I kind of wish they'd stop the hoisting on the shoulders, no matter who it is. Even though the season is over, with the way injuries happen, why take any risks?
    ness likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    MsDiva . . .

EXACTLY.
    I am not sure how she managed it but she kind of seems a little above it all. It's like in all these weeks we should be able to tell something about her personality its like a state secret or something. I know more about the other celebrities but Katherine nothing. Zilch Nada. If I was voter I would vote for someone I feel not just they are a good dancer but they really want that ugly old trophy. DD does that for me. He is a good dancer, He is a smart intelligent man and he has a sense of humour.

Do I think she deserves to be in the finale. Yes would I vote for her if I did vote, No. What for? Katherine hasn't given me any sign she is alive inside to care enough to vote for her.
    karalott and ness like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I agree! Katherine totally deserves to be there, she just personally isn't a favorite of mine and if she would've went tonight, I would've been okay with that.

What I love about DD is his absolute passion for this show. He said he has loved it since season 1 and you can just tell how much this means to him. He really does give every dance his all!

Not saying that the others don't, but I just feel the most inspired by him this season and that's the dancer I tend to root for...the one who may not be technically perfect, but just light up the room when they dance (Warren, Kyle, Emmitt, etc)... On occasion though, there have been a few stars who had the technical side and personality to match(Gilles, Mel B, Apollo, etc).... I'm a sucker for an underdog!

Guess we will see what happens next week! I sincerely hope they all bring it, though I'm scared that no matter how much Donald does, he will get put down....but if course if that happens, I'll just vote for him even more
    karalott and ness like this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

Katherine just leaves me feeling cold when I watch her dance. I don't get that feeling of joy coming from her like some of the others. Take DD for example. You can see and feel how much he is enjoying himself and trying his hardest.

But my main issue with Kathetine is that she drew Mr. Mugging as her partner. I just want him off on t.v. screen and off this show for good so I would maybe watch it more.
    karalott, ness and AZChristian like this.
    "The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one." ~Elbert Hubbard
    "Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product." ~Eleanor Roosevelt
    ~R.I.P. Grandma 6/22/33 - 10/5/10~

Melissa asking for a cigarette was funny! Although I'd be asking for a bit of privacy.
    combatcutie, J.D., ness and 2 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

Well, if we're comparing Donald and Katherine, there's no contest AFAIC.

Katherine started at the top of the leaderboard, has earned a few high scores, and has been gifted even more high scores. Overall she's had a pretty easy time of it, sailing through without a care in the world or a blotch on her perfectly made up face or perfectly coiffed hair.

Donald started out middle of the pack and showed a lot of potential. I've watched him work hard to improve, deal with being underscored on several occasions, and try to make sense out of comments and scores that don't match from the judges. He handles it all with a great attitude and continues to give it his all week after week, always trying to improve.

Didn't know who either of these people were before this show, but I always root for the Donald type, never the Katherine type. I don't care who they're paired with.
    ness, sueb1961 and Nice'n'Easy like this.
    This isnít the Sound of freaking Music weíre watching.......sdl

+ Reply to Thread