+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree715Likes

Thread: 4/23 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/23 DWTS 14 Performance Show **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I guess I'm a little daft, but I need somebody to explain something to me. Roshon tells us he's pretty young so he might not fully understand how to be sensual. And then he makes a weird geek face with his lips, like what little kids do when they're trying to shift attention or be a little weird to pull a laugh out of you. Anyway, then I hear Roshon is 23. So, considering what I KNOW about how guys behave starting in their mid-teens and on through their 20's, asking for guidance on how to be sensual does not usually happen. Usually a guy is MORE THAN WILLING to attempt some sensuality, even if turns out be just plain SEXuality. But my point is, usually guys are willing. Yet Roshon at 23 acts as though he's in 3rd grade still running from the girls on the playground.

Does not compute.
    23 is pretty young to feel confident displaying sexuality and sensuality. Child actors lead a very different life and miss the high school dating scene where that starts to develop. I can easily see my son's at that age feeling self concious. That is pretty young for some to have developed smooth moves. Not to say there are not 23 years out there that could; he just has not matured in that arena yet.

Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    I guess I'm a little daft, but I need somebody to explain something to me. Roshon tells us he's pretty young so he might not fully understand how to be sensual. And then he makes a weird geek face with his lips, like what little kids do when they're trying to shift attention or be a little weird to pull a laugh out of you. Anyway, then I hear Roshon is 23. So, considering what I KNOW about how guys behave starting in their mid-teens and on through their 20's, asking for guidance on how to be sensual does not usually happen. Usually a guy is MORE THAN WILLING to attempt some sensuality, even if turns out be just plain SEXuality. But my point is, usually guys are willing. Yet Roshon at 23 acts as though he's in 3rd grade still running from the girls on the playground.

Does not compute.
    There is a difference between sensuality and sexuality. Sensuality comes with age and maturity. I think Roshon is pretty wise for knowing the difference (even if he shows this by hamming it up). At Roshon's age, it's just sex.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    William's 'fire alarm' bit was a bit forced, that belongs in a results show bit, not a rehearsal clip. William was Cheryl's stripper pole for the dance, but he moved his arms and hips in all the right ways while she was dancing around him. So is his ankle still hurting, or what? Len had it right with the 8, and CA and Bruno need to get laid.
    That's a good theory. However, I think him running and sliding on his knees during the dance marathon negates it. I couldn't believe that they outlasted Donald/Peta. I knew they would be out at the point when he picked Cheryl up and put her on his thighs and just stood there with his arms in the air. They weren't even moving. That dance marathon thing needs to go away, it's just another excuse for the judges to pad the numbers in favor of their pets. Look who came out on top, Katherine/Mark.
    karalott, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Regular

My husband nornally leaves the room when DWTS comes on, but last night he watched with me. After Mark and Katherine danced and they showed their scores, he said,"This must be the judges favorites because it wasn't that great." Then during the marathon, he commented about Mark's bright green suit by saying "somebody wants attention." After Mark and Katherine were declared winners of the marathon, he said "this show is rigged. They weren't even dancing during the majority of that."

I have to agree with him about the marathon. During a large portion of the marathon, they were just rolling their arms, then they would do what little kids do by holding hands and hopping and twisting. They didn't start doing anything until they were down to the final four. Should have been the first eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by murphytoo View Post
    Yes, we will! Are you listening DWTS judges? Play Fair.We are the team whose season tickets are sold out for the next 50 years, and you only get season tickets if you INHERIT them. Our goobers wear our players jerseys to televised dance shows. Don't incur our wrath!

And oh, by the way, did you notice the "goober" wearing the Donald Driver jersey wearing man correctly wore the white jersey? DWTS is an away event. Green Jerseys at Lambeau home games only.
    I am currently 66,908 on the season ticket waiting list. Once they add more seats, I should break into the 50,000s.
    Last edited by TIA__MA; 04-24-2012 at 08:07 AM.
    murphytoo and jucamer like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Oh, no, TIA! I need some brain bleach thinking about you watching Roshon's package!!!
    Yeah, after I wrote that I thought people might read that the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    Maks is too cute ... When a$$wipe, I mean Brooke, asked about him getting frustrated, he says everyone gets frustrated, but they only show him that way. He has their number, and is politely and factually calling them out. I love that he doesn't kiss their butts.

I missed this Maks - he's been quiet too long - they have unleashed the beast!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Watching the show now, catching up with some random thoughts:

It's obvious they don't want Gladys to go this week, but it may be inevitable. She walked through her dance and forgot about ta third of the steps. The judges overscored her, but it doesn't help her much when they overscore most of the other couples too.

Roshon -- is there some way for him to go this week? Maybe if Gladys is safe and someone else goes up against him in the dance-off?

Katherine danced great tonight -- it's just a pity she's paired with such a hyperactive dork. Mark should just choereograph, I'm so tried of seeing that face on my screen. That was the whitest samba I have ever seen. Katherine deserved those scores, but Mark didn't. For all his good work teaching her, he sabotages the routine with his mugging and weird body popping. I really can't stand him....grrr....

Donald was fun and smooth -- in a tougher season where the judges weren't on crack, that would have been an 8 dance, but in this season it was certainly worth the 9s.

Melissa & Maks danced beautifully tonight. She's still tense, but this was a great waltz. I think the reason she got 8s and Donald got 9s is that she still has that stigma on her, where we're worrying about her more than sitting back and enjoying her while she dances, so the fun factor just isn't there as much. She may never be able to overcome that image, but who knows...

Kym made a great point in the rehearsal piece, that Jaleel has to stop thinking about his image, and start thinking like a ballroom dancer. It must have made a difference, because he was great tonight. He earned his scores. His moves made me think of Sammy Davis Jr. for some reason.

William's 'fire alarm' bit was a bit forced, that belongs in a results show bit, not a rehearsal clip. William was Cheryl's stripper pole for the dance, but he moved his arms and hips in all the right ways while she was dancing around him. So is his ankle still hurting, or what? Len had it right with the 8, and CA and Bruno need to get laid.

Music-wise, I thought Smokey was great, and Martha Reeves can still rock, but the Temptations need a little tweaking. And the pro dances during the numbers brought an interesting point to light: DWTS needs an African-American pro dancer.

The marathon: The rehearsal clip was twice as interesting as the actual competition. Maria being eliminated before Roshon was a total fix, he was lost out there. I thought Katherine & Mark were boring most of the time, they should have gone before Jaleel and Kym, let alone William. She must be getting next to no votes every week for this kind of boost to be needed...maybe they should stop trying to protect people so much.
    I agree with most of this. Thoughtful.

Gladys had to stay until Motown week. I can't imagine her beating anyone in a dance off.

Maria and Derek. These two ended up in the middle of the pack which is unusual for Derek. Something isn't quite right with this couple--they have potential to be the best but they are in the middle and seem content about it. I wouldn't be shocked to see them in the bottom 2 this week.

Roshon. I actually liked his dance and thought the comments were overly harsh. I didn't like him much early in the season but he was less annoying this week.

Katherine. I really like Katherine, and picked her pre-season simply due to fact she was welsh and opera singer, but she was over scored again tonight. Worse, Mark is reverting more and more each week to his annoying style. I can no longer bring myself to vote for them.

Jaleel. He is the most unpredictable dancer of the lot, sometimes great, sometimes terrible, sometimes coherent, sometimes not.

Donald. Progressing quietly along a curve to win it all.

Melissa & Maks. I've been trying to figure out what keeps me from supporting this couple. One is that she never looks very comfortable, the other is that I can imagine, for the duration of a dance, many of the couples actually playing the role of the dance, but when I see these two all I see is Maks the Famous Pro and Someone He Is Trying to Teach. It just seems technical and emotionless. (Sorry.) I liked Maks comment that they never fail to highlight problems from his rehearsal but other bigger problems are hidden. What was exact quote?

William. I'm glad the judges are starting to call out of lack of content.

Dance Marathon. The judges could do this blindfolded since the actual dancing means nothing. All this really does is tell us who the judges like. The big surprise for me was that Maria and Derek finished so low. So what's the message here to Derek: leave out the crotch bob and we'll punish you? Katherine and William finished far too high. I really wish they would bring in a fresh set of independent judges for these dance marathons and dance offs.
    karalott, J.D., TIA__MA and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    I am currently 66,908 on the season ticket waiting list. Once they add more seats, I should break into the 50,000s.
    I have a friend whose grandfather is one of the original "owners". They have a certificate and everything. It is a prized possession in her house and I'm thinking will wind up in a will or something. They have season tickets but live clear across the country in Oregon so I doubt they ever use them.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    William. I'm glad the judges are starting to call out of lack of content.
    They are only doing it because he's threatening their precious pet Mark and his pre-determined winner Katherine. I think Donald is going to sneak in there and win it all in spite of the judges doing everything in their power to stop that from happening. They can't mark him too low because that will just mobilize his fans so by giving him middle of the pack scores they think it will prevent them from becoming rabid voters.
    karalott, Nice'n'Easy and Midol like this.

+ Reply to Thread