+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: 4/17 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 4/17 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Exactly! And this is why what Len said last night irked me. I'm not even sure this show knows what it wants to be anymore, which is why it is making these, in my opinion, rash decisions that are biting it in the behind. Either it is all about the dancing or it isn't. If it is all about the dancing, then stop having Brooke tell us to vote for OUR FAVORITE and have her tell us to vote for the BEST DANCER. If it is not all about the dancing, the get rid of the winner take all cha-cha (which was such a blatant stunt to get Mark and Chelsea into the finals) and this dance off crud. Now granted, once in while fans get it wrong. Bristol Palin is the one true example of fan voting getting out of control - but that was about so much more. Sure Kate and Master P lasted longer than they should have. And Sabrina and others may have been voted off sooner, based on dancing skills. But this show needs to decide what it is about and just stick with it. If it is about fans voting for their favorites - then live with the decisions the fans make. If it isn't, THEN STOP TELLING US TO VOTE FOR OUR FAVORITE!
    What kills me about Len saying that is, back in season 10, he gave Nicole 'Zinger the Ringer' Scherzinger a low score for not doing a proper dance (I think it was the quickstep). He thought it was too showy. Now, I can agree with that, except he either gave Kate (who did what was supposed to be a jive that week) the exact same score, or one point less! Nicole is probably one of my least favorite contestants ever, but even I thought that was skewed. A lot of better dancers have left earlier than they should have, sometimes for just being unlucky enough that they don't have the fanbase (another season 5 contestant, the model partnered with Anna Trebunskaya; can't remember his name, but he was way better than half of the people that were left when he was voted off second). All these shows are about favorites, and even if they didn't tell you to vote for your favorite, people still would. I don't think the judges on these shows (Idol, DWTS, America's Got Talent) are any different in being biased and wanting people to stick around. And, the worst dancers have to actually hit the bottom 2 to even be considered to be voted off (of course, I wouldn't put it past the producers anymore to fudge the results to get rid of someone).

Next week's double elimination is supposed to have the lowest vote getter voted off automatically, with the other 2 in the bottom 3 vying in the dance off. But what if Roshon is the one who would get voted off without having a chance for the judges save? Sorry, but I could see the producers letting him have a chance to be saved, and getting rid of someone else. They've taken the fun out of this show. If it weren't for my eye candy, I don't know if I'd tune in or even care anymore. It used to be I couldn't wait to get home Monday nights and be able to watch. Now, I watch who I want, and maybe get to some of the others later on. The producers should just try staying out of things for one season, creating drama and throwing out rumors of romances (does anyone care anymore? I agree with MF, let's get hard core proof ) and not throw in WTA dances or dance offs because their designated favorites are in danger of being voted off. The public must not give a crap about them to begin with. Obviously, some celebs look good on paper but just don't work out. Casting controversial celebs like politicians and reality show trainwrecks doesn't help in getting rid of the bad dancers early, either.

Like I said in another thread, I think it odd that two of the celebrities mentioned who "left too early" (Sabrinia and Kristen) were partnered with Mark. I also think it odd that Mark's name was brought up in the Jaleel controversy (He stepped in to stop whatever it was that happened) and then again trying to make people think he and Katherine were having a showmance before the show started. I don't like Mark and don't like the manipulation by the producers and judges to keep him around.
    Kristin's mistake was probably announcing right off the bat that she "wasn't a b****". To the people who had never seen The Hills, not a great first impression. I also don't think she had the fanbase, obviously, and it had nothing to do with people forgetting to vote. I think depending on whether a reality star is current or not helps in how long they last (unless they're just plain unlikeable and/or can't dance, like The Situation). Don't forget the WTA dance with Chelsea that nudged Ralph Macchio out of the finals. Chelsea I didn't mind, but that was Mark's worst season for me in terms of his attitude.
    Last edited by karalott; 04-18-2012 at 04:32 PM.

Well I think I watched my last DWTS. The fact that TPTB decided to negate my vote by deciding to have a dance-off. If they wanted Gavin off then have him attempt a AT. No I didn't think Gavin was the best dancer but the decision should have been decided my viewers not by the 3 talking heads. D-O-N-E!
    karalott and nanarama like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I actually like this new feature. While I would not consider the judges unbiased (especially CA and Bruno) I do think they base their judgment more on the performances of the "star". To me that is what the show is supposed to be about. I think many of the voters base their votes on the pro they'd like to see stick around or around the popularity of the star. I don't happen to agree with that voting style, and it has led to some results in the past that sent superior performers home early. Even though I don't usually agree with CA and Bruno's judging criteria it usually has something to do with how the "star" has performed on a specific performance with less baggage than the votes being cast by the public. Remember, they only get to choose among the two that were voted lowest by the combined scores. Think how much grief this would have saved us in the past. We might have gotten rid of atrocious performers like Kate Gosslin, Master P. etc. much earlier.
    Excellent post! Of course some will like it, & some wont .I choose to tune in, if I didn't care , I would use my remote to turn it off. I do like the new feature, and your right about Kate and Master P
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I just wish Melissa would figure out a way not to look so...tragic all the time.

YAY Gladys is safe!

Say goodnight Gavin...

FORT Regular

Kristin's mistake was probably announcing right off the bat that she "wasn't a b****". To the people who had never seen The Hills, not a great first impression. I also don't think she had the fanbase, obviously, and it had nothing to do with people forgetting to vote. I think depending on whether a reality star is current or not helps in how long they last (unless they're just plain unlikeable and/or can't dance, like The Situation). Don't forget the WTA dance with Chelsea that nudged Ralph Macchio out of the finals. Chelsea I didn't mind, but that was Mark's worst season for me in terms of his attitude.[/QUOTE]

Again, another example of manipulation to keep Mark happy.
    karalott likes this.

ABC/Disney/TPTB of course have the right to decide who/what/when/where/why goes & stays. WE can choose to not watch. Do I think Gavin is the best dancer...no of course not. What I did like about him was his attitude & smile. If the producers wanted him voted off..okay their choice but don't tell me to go & vote for my favorite when you are going to have these self-called judges undermine my vote.

I know a lot of you didn't like Nicole because she was a trained dancer. Katherine is also a trained dancer. Nicole had passion Katherine is vanilla ice cream. Now at least I won't have to waste my Monday & Tuesdays anymore.
    karalott, ness, nanarama and 2 others like this.
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Kristin's mistake was probably announcing right off the bat that she "wasn't a b****". To the people who had never seen The Hills, not a great first impression. I also don't think she had the fanbase, obviously, and it had nothing to do with people forgetting to vote. I think depending on whether a reality star is current or not helps in how long they last (unless they're just plain unlikeable and/or can't dance, like The Situation). [B]Don't forget the WTA dance with Chelsea that nudged Ralph Macchio out of the finals. Chelsea I didn't mind, but that was Mark's worst season for me in terms of his attitude[/

Again, another example of manipulation to keep Mark happy.
    Ralph was hurt, he was hobbling around , and lost 4 day of rehearsal.I am not sure how they manipulated that to keep Mark happy.

And from Marks blog : While I want to win, I still feel bad for Ralph,” “He's the nicest guy and it's been a pleasure getting to know him. He's become a great dancer and overcome a significant injury to make a great run. I'm sorry it got cut short, but I'm glad all of us got a chance to see the side of Ralph that we did — he's a lovely guy. I've known Karina [Smirnoff] my whole life and definitely feel her pain. Working extremely hard for the goal, only to be eliminated when you're so close is very painful for us, since we've been competing our whole lives. We'll miss you guys

Sounds fine to me.
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Ralph was hurt, he was hobbling around , and lost 4 day of rehearsal.I am not sure how they manipulated that to keep Mark happy.

And from Marks blog : While I want to win, I still feel bad for Ralph,” “He's the nicest guy and it's been a pleasure getting to know him. He's become a great dancer and overcome a significant injury to make a great run. I'm sorry it got cut short, but I'm glad all of us got a chance to see the side of Ralph that we did — he's a lovely guy. I've known Karina [Smirnoff] my whole life and definitely feel her pain. Working extremely hard for the goal, only to be eliminated when you're so close is very painful for us, since we've been competing our whole lives. We'll miss you guys

Sounds fine to me.
    Oh god the WTA cha cha, I hated that. It killed that season, and I loved, loved season 12!

The WTA cha cha was rigged and manipulated for Mark's favour because the judges/prodcuers knew that Chelsea didn't have the fan base.

Ralph being hurt had nothing to do with holding him back from the finals, it was the WTA cha cha in Mark's favour that did.
    If they didn't have the WTA cha cha, I'm pretty confident that Ralph would have been in the finals with Kirstie/Hines and that would have been thebest final three in a long time.

I feel like that they always need Mark or Derek in the finals for some odd reason. And it will be the same for this season as well.

Okay thanks!
    cheers!
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

I do like Katherine and enjoy watching all of the dancers (pro and celebrity) except for Mark. He appears arrogant and entitled to me. I usually pick a few couples to root for during the season and the pro is rarely the same each year. He just rubs me the wrong way. I feel he tries to be Derek and isn't. Why try to start a rumor about a showmance for yourself? The only place I saw mention of this was from him. Would have loved to see Katherine paired with Derek.

But everyone has their favorites and wants them to do well. I just don't like the show trying to ensure that only a few of the pros win every year.

+ Reply to Thread