+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree264Likes

Thread: 4/17 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/17 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont disagree agree RickiRick, but would this make the show even longer. They could wrap this result show up in 20 minutes.
    I don't think they'll have trouble cutting 60 seconds of filler out of the show. They are already announcing the bottom 3 so this change is maybe only 30 second change.
    ness and AZChristian like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

If it was all about the dancing, Rob never would have made the finals last season, Bristol wouldn't have in season 11 (and gotten the scores she did), Kate never would have got anything above a 1, Gilles would have beat Shawn, Mel would have beat Helio, Mario Emmitt, and so on. It's not about anything but keeping around who they want to save, imo. It's only about the dancing when the producers want to make it about the dancing. I'm so over Sabrina. Some D-listers make their living hopping from one reality show to the next. Sabrina seems to have made a career out of doing DWTS related appearances and showing up in the audience to make sure people don't forget her. I can see why Kristin and Chynna were voted off early last season. And even if there wasn't a good reason, there's still a reason: people aren't voting for them. Tom used that argument to justify why Bristol kept sticking around in season 11.
    ness, Bet2Win, nanarama and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by RickiRick View Post
    I don't think they'll have trouble cutting 60 seconds of filler out of the show. They are already announcing the bottom 3 so this change is maybe only 30 second change.
    Yes you are right.Plus there is more filler than we need.
    ness and Bet2Win like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    If it was all about the dancing, Rob never would have made the finals last season, Bristol wouldn't have in season 11 (and gotten the scores she did), Kate never would have got anything above a 1, Gilles would have beat Shawn, Mel would have beat Helio, Mario Emmitt, and so on. It's not about anything but keeping around who they want to save, imo. It's only about the dancing when the producers want to make it about the dancing. I'm so over Sabrina. Some D-listers make their living hopping from one reality show to the next. Sabrina seems to have made a career out of doing DWTS related appearances and showing up in the audience to make sure people don't forget her. I can see why Kristin and Chynna were voted off early last season. And even if there wasn't a good reason, there's still a reason: people aren't voting for them. Tom used that argument to justify why Bristol kept sticking around in season 11.
    Exactly! And this is why what Len said last night irked me. I'm not even sure this show knows what it wants to be anymore, which is why it is making these, in my opinion, rash decisions that are biting it in the behind. Either it is all about the dancing or it isn't. If it is all about the dancing, then stop having Brooke tell us to vote for OUR FAVORITE and have her tell us to vote for the BEST DANCER. If it is not all about the dancing, the get rid of the winner take all cha-cha (which was such a blatant stunt to get Mark and Chelsea into the finals) and this dance off crud. Now granted, once in while fans get it wrong. Bristol Palin is the one true example of fan voting getting out of control - but that was about so much more. Sure Kate and Master P lasted longer than they should have. And Sabrina and others may have been voted off sooner, based on dancing skills. But this show needs to decide what it is about and just stick with it. If it is about fans voting for their favorites - then live with the decisions the fans make. If it isn't, THEN STOP TELLING US TO VOTE FOR OUR FAVORITE!
    karalott, ness, Bet2Win and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I have to say that I am NOT happy with this save factor for the judges. Why should they be able to pick who stays and who goes???? They ask us to vote, then turn around and slap us in the face with a save. I'm not saying that Gavin would have been safe, but let the voting audience do what you ask them to do. In the beginning, Jaleel was one of my favorites, but it seems his attitude and negative press has gotten to me. He seems very c*cky and self absorbed. JALEEL, YOU'RE A HAS BEEN!!!!
    I actually like this new feature. While I would not consider the judges unbiased (especially CA and Bruno) I do think they base their judgment more on the performances of the "star". To me that is what the show is supposed to be about. I think many of the voters base their votes on the pro they'd like to see stick around or around the popularity of the star. I don't happen to agree with that voting style, and it has led to some results in the past that sent superior performers home early. Even though I don't usually agree with CA and Bruno's judging criteria it usually has something to do with how the "star" has performed on a specific performance with less baggage than the votes being cast by the public. Remember, they only get to choose among the two that were voted lowest by the combined scores. Think how much grief this would have saved us in the past. We might have gotten rid of atrocious performers like Kate Gosslin, Master P. etc. much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Exactly! And this is why what Len said last night irked me. I'm not even sure this show knows what it wants to be anymore, which is why it is making these, in my opinion, rash decisions that are biting it in the behind. Either it is all about the dancing or it isn't. If it is all about the dancing, then stop having Brooke tell us to vote for OUR FAVORITE and have her tell us to vote for the BEST DANCER. If it is not all about the dancing, the get rid of the winner take all cha-cha (which was such a blatant stunt to get Mark and Chelsea into the finals) and this dance off crud. Now granted, once in while fans get it wrong. Bristol Palin is the one true example of fan voting getting out of control - but that was about so much more. Sure Kate and Master P lasted longer than they should have. And Sabrina and others may have been voted off sooner, based on dancing skills. But this show needs to decide what it is about and just stick with it. If it is about fans voting for their favorites - then live with the decisions the fans make. If it isn't, THEN STOP TELLING US TO VOTE FOR OUR FAVORITE!
    The judges do and say what the producers want, they are actors( so is Brooke) in a reality show. BTW I voted for Rob, I thought this dancing improved every single week. So we all have our FAVORITE dancers.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Like I said in another thread, I think it odd that two of the celebrities mentioned who "left too early" (Sabrinia and Kristen) were partnered with Mark. I also think it odd that Mark's name was brought up in the Jaleel controversy (He stepped in to stop whatever it was that happened) and then again trying to make people think he and Katherine were having a showmance before the show started. I don't like Mark and don't like the manipulation by the producers and judges to keep him around.
    karalott likes this.

I know I sound like a cantankerous old bitty, but I really wish the men would dress properly for their dances. There is something very sexy about a man knowing how to dance properly without having to remove his clothes (even sleeves, gentlemen, even sleeves!). Picture Don Draper, for instance. It embarrasses me that women act like that about dancing men. I've never been in a gentlemen's club (aka strip club), but from what I understand those patrons behave better than the women in the audience at DWTS. (I have been to a male strip club - more of a dance review....but either way...come on ladies, show some restraint and class.) And I don't think it's because I don't find Maks or his brother the least bit attractive, because I do find William very handsome, just let the guy dance and not have to strip down to his skivvies for votes.
    However, I do love the show, and I keep coming back every season. I don't mind watching the d-listers try to revive their careers and/or fall flat. I like watching them gain confidence, dance through the pain, and tone up. Their hard work = my viewing pleasure. Let's just allow the guys to keep their clothes on.
    I too find William handsome .I dont know that he can dance as well as some.I agree, keep your shirts on, its not sexy after awhile, it's boring
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm going to stir the pot just a little bit. The music to which Maria and Derek danced their Salsa was the same music used by Tony when he danced the Salsa with Melissa Rycroft and I do believe they got a 30 for that dance. Whatever you say about Melissa, she has a great dance body.
    karalott and AZChristian like this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm going to stir the pot just a little bit. The music to which Maria and Derek danced their Salsa was the same music used by Tony when he danced the Salsa with Melissa Rycroft and I do believe they got a 30 for that dance. Whatever you say about Melissa, she has a great dance body.
    I liked Melissa Rycroft, she also had a great smile and enjoyed dancing
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread