+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 283
Like Tree368Likes

Thread: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

  1. #241
    signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    3,557

    Re: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    It was a really good show tonight! I loved Donald and Peeta's dance because the lifts were awesome, but I agree that he wasn't given as much to do other than that. I'm sure that it is difficult to do the lifts, but he didn't have much dancing to do. It's a shame because I think if he had more dancing, he would have gotten all 10's for sure. The intensity was great!

    I agree that Mark has changed a lot (for the better) this season. He is doing a great job with Katherine, to make her shine instead of just him. She looks like a professional dancer out there at this point. And, she seems so sweet and nice.

    Derek and Maria are just adorable! Her laugh is contagious and I just love her personality. When she fell and he was calling her "Baby", I thought it was really cute. I think the kiss thing was just playful because of everyone going crazy about it last week. My advice for Derek, if he wants to take his shirt off again, is to hit the spray-tan place. Lol!
    karalott, TIA__MA, ilja and 1 others like this.

  2. #242
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,600

    Re: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by fireflyer View Post
    karalott, your whole post (#236) was enjoyable to read.

    Yes, Derek = hammy.

    The kiss = I think it was a "we are REALLYTRULY doing it this time!" act, i.e. "haha on you for asking about it last week!"...

    Derek ripping his shirt off: I would've watched Derek's shaved chest more closely but I was completely distracted by the fact that the girl and her stomach were COMPLETELY HORIZONTAL, WITHOUT SHAKING, during his entire dis-robing. That wasn't a split-second position, and not something one can try-at-home... It was impressive.

    Gavin looked good but also Gavin looked like Gumby.

    I missed the first 1/2-hr so I missed Jaleela and half-pint.
    Thanks!

    It's funny how the tide has turned regarding Derek and Mark. I agree with those who have said Katherine seems to have changed Mark for the better, or Mark finally had a light bulb moment that his actions might have been affecting his popularity and partners performance. Still not a fan, but this is the Mark I used to like. I also think Maks might have had a revelation after last season, and that's why he's also toned down the attitude (of course in his case, I liked him being outspoken-I wish more pros were).

    I really don't get Maria/Derek's chemistry. I feel like it's trying too hard. Hopefully Maria doesn't kill herself before the end of the season. I know they're having fun, but the whole showmance is putting it on a little too thick for me. In regards to Gavin, I actually think Gumby would have done better Bless his heart, he knows he doesn't have a prayer, but at least he comes out and has fun and tries. It seems Gavin does good one week, then goes back to being horrible the next. I know that if he wasn't outright voted off, the dance off will do him in. I can't see him escaping the bottom 2 the next 3 weeks. The ones who seems the most likely to go next (in no particular order, and without the judges input) are Melissa, Gavin, Gladys, and Jaleel. That's 4 weeks right there, with the dance off being what, 3? And a way for the judges to ensure Roshon, Katherine, William, Maria, and Donald are in the final 5. I have a feeling at least one of them will hit the bottom 2 in the next few weeks while the stooges still have the power. I hope for the dance off, it's couples where it isn't obvious who's going to get voted off and it looks like they have a chance.
    fireflyer likes this.

  3. #243
    FORT Fogey Bet2Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,861

    Re: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    On the news tonight, Maks talked about their scores, saying he doesn't know what's going on, that if they are in the dance off, the judge's will let them go, he feels bad for Melissa ... he feels like he is a liability to his partner.

    I understand why he feels this way because I agree with him, and sadly, I think he will leave the show if he feels that anyone who partners with him already has strikes against them in the scoring department.
    karalott, TIA__MA, jucamer and 1 others like this.

  4. #244
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,600

    Re: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    On the news tonight, Maks talked about their scores, saying he doesn't know what's going on, that if they are in the dance off, the judge's will let them go, he feels bad for Melissa ... he feels like he is a liability to his partner.

    I understand why he feels this way because I agree with him, and sadly, I think he will leave the show if he feels that anyone who partners with him already has strikes against them in the scoring department.
    I know Maks has commented several times that getting scores like 21, 23, 24, are usually good and middle of the pack. But this season, that's considered to be bottom of the leaderboard week 4. I blame the judges for the high scoring right off the bat, and (at least in CA's case) way of starting everyone off at 10 and then dinging them down instead of starting them at 1 and making them work their way up. It's why I can't really enjoy Katherine or William, because i feel like they've already reached a peak and breakthrough that most celebs didn't reach until the end of the season. We know they aren't going anywhere. Same with Donald, although Donald is such a crowd pleaser, and I hate how the judges seem to be actually making him work for his scores, because he's been robbed every week. Since I figure there's no legitimate chance of Maks winning this season, and I'm not counting on Chelsie getting the mirrorball, my hopes are on Donald. I think Len will be fair when it comes to the dance off, and while I think Bruno will go for his favorites, I don't think he'll hold anything against any pro. CA, on other hand...hopefully the ballroom can hold her ego when it comes to this decision making. It's why I'd love for the dance off idea to backfire and for two judges faves to wind up there. I have a feeling that's the only reason we're seeing the dance off in the first place. I feel bad for Maks that he feels that way Like all the pros, hopefully he knows what a hardcore group of supporters he has that will greatly miss him when he's gone. Hopefully he's back next season with a better shot, and if the show was punishing him this season, they're over it. Ratings haven't been dismal but have dropped, so apparently the producers way of doing things isn't working, either. I'm betting on more controvery and injury drama to stir up watercooler buzz.

    In regards to the dance off, I'm trying to see if I have it right: from what I understand, all teh couples have a new dance they'll have to perform, and they'll be dancing at the same time as the other couple. The judges are supposed to base their decision on that dance, and that dance only. While it'll be about opinions anyway, it'll be pretty hard for them to justify keeping a certain couple if the other does better, just because they make like that couple better. What would happen if Roshon came out and bombed his dance, forgot it, or messed up parts-do they still keep him if the other person remembered their dance and got through it?
    Midol likes this.

  5. #245
    FORT Fogey Bet2Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,861

    Re: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I know Maks has commented several times that getting scores like 21, 23, 24, are usually good and middle of the pack. But this season, that's considered to be bottom of the leaderboard week 4. I blame the judges for the high scoring right off the bat, and (at least in CA's case) way of starting everyone off at 10 and then dinging them down instead of starting them at 1 and making them work their way up. It's why I can't really enjoy Katherine or William, because i feel like they've already reached a peak and breakthrough that most celebs didn't reach until the end of the season. We know they aren't going anywhere. Same with Donald, although Donald is such a crowd pleaser, and I hate how the judges seem to be actually making him work for his scores, because he's been robbed every week. Since I figure there's no legitimate chance of Maks winning this season, and I'm not counting on Chelsie getting the mirrorball, my hopes are on Donald. I think Len will be fair when it comes to the dance off, and while I think Bruno will go for his favorites, I don't think he'll hold anything against any pro. CA, on other hand...hopefully the ballroom can hold her ego when it comes to this decision making. It's why I'd love for the dance off idea to backfire and for two judges faves to wind up there. I have a feeling that's the only reason we're seeing the dance off in the first place. I feel bad for Maks that he feels that way Like all the pros, hopefully he knows what a hardcore group of supporters he has that will greatly miss him when he's gone. Hopefully he's back next season with a better shot, and if the show was punishing him this season, they're over it. Ratings haven't been dismal but have dropped, so apparently the producers way of doing things isn't working, either. I'm betting on more controvery and injury drama to stir up watercooler buzz.

    In regards to the dance off, I'm trying to see if I have it right: from what I understand, all teh couples have a new dance they'll have to perform, and they'll be dancing at the same time as the other couple. The judges are supposed to base their decision on that dance, and that dance only. While it'll be about opinions anyway, it'll be pretty hard for them to justify keeping a certain couple if the other does better, just because they make like that couple better. What would happen if Roshon came out and bombed his dance, forgot it, or messed up parts-do they still keep him if the other person remembered their dance and got through it?
    The way they score their fav's vs. others, I don't think they care about jusitifying their scores or decisions.
    karalott and Midol like this.

  6. #246
    *Until Next Season...* karalott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Posts
    17,600

    Re: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    The way they score their fav's vs. others, I don't think they care about jusitifying their scores or decisions.
    I consider it to be more, or as much, of a producer decision anyway, so maybe the judges shouldn't take all the flack (even if they make it so easy). I think that'll be another way for this dance off to backfire, if they save a couple who does poorly compared to the other couple they're up against. Plus, Gavin has escaped the bottom 2 one week so far. I'm not as confident he will tomorrow, but sometimes performances like that can actually get your supporters voting in droves. Of course, if he had hard core supporters, he probably would have escaped the bottom 2 more than once. Anyway, it'll get old if, say, Gavin or Gladys winds up in the bottom 2 tomorrow, survives the dance off, only to wind back up there next week, and potentially survive again. I'm not counting on that happening, but just another reason why I think it's a bad idea. And I agree with you, the judges go for what they like, I think they could justify keeping someone if they came out and sat during the dance.

    She's actually quite good, I enjoy her dancing the best of the females. But of course, I will be voting for Maks and Melissa again tonight ... Melissa's dance was way better than Glady's. I love Gladys, she's my favorite female R&B singer, but like some said upthread, I'd rather she would sing on Motown night than dance.
    I also enjoy Maria the most of the ladies, next to Melissa (but I have other reasons for wanting her around ) I find Derek/Maria's chemistry odd, and while I'm finding him unbearable again, they are fun together, I guess. I give Maria credit at least, because I'm a complete baby when it comes to pain. So pushing through who knows what injury every week and still doing a decent job of improving. I don't think she deserves to go anytime soon, and it'd be the one season in a long time I wouldn't mind Derek making the finals. I like Gladys, too, even though I think her time is coming. Week 1 was her best week for me, and she hasn't quite captured that again. But I never would have imagined having Gladys Knight on the show, and hope I can be half as good at something like this at her age.

  7. #247
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    Predicting a bottom 2 of either Gavin, Melissa, or Gladys tomorrow. Who the judges pick to go home I don't know, but Gladys will probably be safe in either combo. Melissa is probably a goner but may have chance against Gavin.
    Melissa will win the dance off, easily, if she is in the bottom with either Gavin or Gladys, especially if she takes the judges critique to heart and reins in her movements. I agreed with the them. Her costume contributed to the visual of her not being sharp and controlled enough.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 04-17-2012 at 04:45 AM.

  8. #248
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    16,215

    Re: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Maks needs to stop beating himself up. From what I've seen, for all of Melissa's enthusiasm and good work ethic, she has yet to really relax enough to lose herself in a dance. We still don't know what kind of chemistry she & Maks have because she won't let go of her outside world on the dance floor. Each week, I feel like I'm watching an anxious mother of four trying to keep up with a pro.

    I'm rooting for her to succeed like everyone else, but I haven't seen any hint of real sensuality from her yet.

    As for Derek, yeah, his idea for the kiss in the dance was just a little too cute/precious. It got in the way of his usual spot-on choreography in a really noticeable way. Good thing Maria didn't let him down.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

  9. #249
    Magical Elf MFWalkoff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    16,215

    Re: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Also, I finally just saw Katherine & Mark's dance just now -- it was good. Mark did some really nice choreography, although the ending was a little awkward. I know lifts are OK in Argentine Tangos, but theirs was a little too cheerleadery/jivey. Katherine was really good.

    It wasn't a 10 dance, but I agreed with Len's 9. I still think Mark's an annoying twerp, but he did really well this week.
    karalott and Midol like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

  10. #250
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,249

    Re: 4/16 DWTS 14 Performance Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

    Maria and Derek are annoying big time. She is a whining annoyance, and I am sick of his overdoing the sex appeal thing. We get it you had good genes, time to move on.
    Last edited by MHcarrollton; 04-17-2012 at 07:48 AM.
    combatcutie and Debb70 like this.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.