+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree271Likes

Thread: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/10 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Fanny Mare, I don't know what/who you mean by "they" nor do I understand the "throwing her to the wolves" reference.

Sherri is gone because she didn't get enough votes. Oh - also, her dancing was mediocre and she annoys a lot of people.
    It was just a little something I said to ness, after she posted . No biggie
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Just saw the end of the show here. I thought Rashon's behavior while waiting for the final announcement was extremely immature, bordering on rude. As he was pretending to hide behind Chelsea's arm, she even seemed embarrassed and was moving her arm in such a way that she seemed to be motioning for him to stand up straight and behave himself.

I'm glad Sherri got to follow a dream, even though it ended sooner than she wanted. She truly seemed to savor the experience.
    Alexxxx likes this.

I'm watching now and with the Melissa/Maks injuries - to me it looked like Melissa's head hit the inside of Maks' leg on that sweep; not the floor, but his leg, and that caused him to lose his balance. Tom also brought up that Maks injured his arm, which he downplayed saying that it takes away from the pain in his leg, shoulder, etc. Also, when he was called safe, he walked over to Gavin/Karina and not only hugged Karina, but kissed her cheek. When she and Gavin were called safe, she walked over to him for another hug. Is there a reconciliation of a friendship (not a romance) happening here?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion

I don't know what the Jaleel references are about?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    I'm watching now and with the Melissa/Maks injuries - to me it looked like Melissa's head hit the inside of Maks' leg on that sweep; not the floor, but his leg, and that caused him to lose his balance. Tom also brought up that Maks injured his arm, which he downplayed saying that it takes away from the pain in his leg, shoulder, etc. Also, when he was called safe, he walked over to Gavin/Karina and not only hugged Karina, but kissed her cheek. When she and Gavin were called safe, she walked over to him for another hug. Is there a reconciliation of a friendship (not a romance) happening here?
    I'd like to hope so. I always expect awkwardness between those 2, because that's how they always come across when they're in close proximity to each other. So imagine my surprise tonight when Karina actually went to hug Maks-and then he went to hug her! They were friends for so many years, and for all the rumors I heard about their break up, I can understand the bitterness between them. But I'd hate to think that their friendship was destroyed because they mixed business with pleasure. Even Cheryl and Edyta commented after the fact that they were surprised they hooked up and not so surprised when it didn't work out. Of course, I'm also selfish, but Maks/Karina were one of my favorite duos to ever watch in the pro numbers. Prior to their break up, they were always partnered together. It does seem like Gavin is a fan favorite amongst the cast.

Just saw the end of the show here. I thought Rashon's behavior while waiting for the final announcement was extremely immature, bordering on rude. As he was pretending to hide behind Chelsea's arm, she even seemed embarrassed and was moving her arm in such a way that she seemed to be motioning for him to stand up straight and behave himself.
    As I've stated, i like Roshon. But that move made him seem way too cocky and overconfident that he was staying. So that was another tiny reason I wanted Sherri to outlast him. But I can live with the outcome, as long as Val gets to return in some form. Maybe he can take over for that annoying member of the troupe that doesn't know how to pull off KISS. I just felt bad for Sherri, because she's been such a groupie of the show since it started, and this has been her dream to be able to participate. Maybe not a shocking outcome in the context of Roshon, Katherine or William, but I think she was expected to last longer due to viewer votes. Roshon may not be long for the show, but he'll have the dance off at least to potentially spare him. I'm really not looking forward to that

Ok Donald driver is going to cause me to need a pacemaker. Who needs godiva chocolates with Donald around?
    Ellen, ness, TIA__MA and 2 others like this.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    LOL!

I LOVE your detailed Little Richard story. I know who Larry Gatlin is, too, and they would've had to carry me out on a stretcher from laughing so hard about him saying "Shove it on over!" to me.

And as for "I'm not drunk! I'm just Southern!": Whatcha wanna bet that if JUST the right person had heard that, it would've been written as a song, recorded, played, and probably won a country music award! Or two, or four!

ROFLMFAO!
    Let me tell you, they sell beer at the concessions stand at the Reiman, and by mid-show, she was both drunk and southern. But still pretty funny. There's something about hearing a person say, "Aw, I'm jest a'giggin' you" that breaks me up. But then we rarely hear expressions like that this far north.

I actually felt a little guilty about having a front row seat at the Reiman. The only reason I was there was that I couldn't get to the Gershwin concert I wanted to attend, because it had been moved from the theater next to the hotel to a college way on the other end of town, because the theater next to the hotel, the normal home of the symphony, was still dealing with flood damage. I was warned that cab service could be iffy on the weekend, so I opted for the Reiman instead. I didn't even know the fourth row was the actually the front row of the Reiman when I bought my ticket, and clearly there were a lot of people there with worse seats that knew a lot more about country western music than I did. The fact that it was a show that was being recorded and would air the next evening on the radio more interesting to me--they actually did the commercials live, had an applause sign, the whole nine yards. At one point, they had the audience sing along, so technically I was on the radio from the Reiman. Well, me and a couple of hundred other people.

I'm glad I didn't opt for the cheaper balcony seat, since the balcony actually still has a sign identifying it as the Confederate gallery. I'm not sure it would willingly accept a lifelong northerner like myself.
    ness and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fogey

Is anybody else wondering what will happen if two strong dancers should end up in the dance off? I think it's possible, as there are couples that might be decent dancers that don't have the fan support, but I doubt that's what the show really wanted when it decided to go with the dance off option.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Tilden View Post
    Is anybody else wondering what will happen if two strong dancers should end up in the dance off? I think it's possible, as there are couples that might be decent dancers that don't have the fan support, but I doubt that's what the show really wanted when it decided to go with the dance off option.
    I tend to think that's the whole point of a dance off-save one of the strongest dancers. I kind of hope we do get either two weak dancers or two strong dancers in the dance off, because it'll be pointless and predictable for Gladys to go up against William, or Katherine and Gavin. The judges don't even need to pretend. However, curiousity has the best of me who they would go with if it came down to Katherine and William. Not that I expect that to happen, but that'd have to be a nightmare sceanrio for the producers. It makes me think this whole dance off is to purposely save someone that they want to stick around, because they don't have the fan support. Whether it doesn't look like blatant favoritism or actually proves its use, I don't know. But DWTS has a lot of signs of the apocalypse, so maybe the judges will surprise me!

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Well, I would have much rather seen Roshon go, but I'm fine with Sherri leaving. She seemed nice enough, but sometimes it just gets annoying. All of my favorites are safe: Maria, Katherine, and Donald. I think we may lose Maria to injuries though.

+ Reply to Thread