+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 27 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast
Like Tree379Likes

Thread: 4/9 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/9 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by beerbelly View Post
    One can not dance on a 'broken foot'. I have one and could not walk much less dance.
    The doctor said it's a stress fracture. I've had one, and I could walk, although it was painful. Maria definitely IS a warrior if she can dance on it, and in heels.
    ness, maude~flanders and Midol like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    The doctor said it's a stress fracture. I've had one, and I could walk, although it was painful. Maria definitely IS a warrior if she can dance on it, and in heels.
    True.

But, is being a warrior WORTH taking a chance on completely breaking your foot altogether?

Speaking strictly for myself, I don't THINK so.

My priorities might be just a wee tad bit different, if I were in Maria's shoes (stilettos?), I know.
    karalott likes this.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    What was with Stonehenge right before Derek's dance?
    That's what I was gonna ask. Makes no sense.

I agreed with most of the Judges' scores tonight. The dancing just seemed sub-par compared with previous weeks. The contestants who usually did best were just off tonight.
    Donald definitely did the best, but I didn't care for Roshon at all. He just seemed gangly & awkward.
    And Gavin ....... LOSE THE HATS! They've become very distracting.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Did CA admit tonight she doesn't actually give out constructive criticism? First Len admits he's wrong, now this. What's next, the band can actually carry a tune? That's murder what they call singing. Freddy Mercury is rolling over in his grave. DWTS is getting like AI when it comes to its theme nights. I don't mind one a season, but why every week? It messes the dancing up. And tonight was not a night to brag about the quality oe first of dancing. I think the overscoring and praise in the first two weeks backed them into a corner.

As for the dancing: glad to see the judges are reeling their overscoring back a bit. Sheesh, do you have to mess up in order to get a 9? What's next, fall flat on your face, break into the YMCA and hokey pokey during your waltz to get a 10? Unless you happen to be Maks. I guess he can't catch a break with CA. I really hope Melissa's okay With all that twisting and turning, I wonder if something flared up in her back. I just hope it doesn't deter people from voting for them, that may have not already voted. I know others will say she'll get sympathy votes, but if someone thinks she might be out, they may take their votes elsewhere, and it could cost her. The last time Maks lost a partner to an injury was also during his paso week Oh, and because it can't be said enough about his attire tonight... We should make this mandatory every season with him. Same with Val wearing leather pants.
    ness, TIA__MA, Nice'n'Easy and 1 others like this.

I concur with what everyone else has been saying. The singers tonight were awful omg! They butchered song after song after song. Bleck! The dancers, most of them seemed to be off. Donald was the best of the night. The scoring was so biased it was ridiculous. How did William score such high scores when he screwed up so much of the dance??? That was not right at all. Gladys was the worst of the night - its time for her to go.
    jucamer and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

One more thing:
    What ever happened to Rock Music? These songs were older than the contestants. That's no exaggeration. I don't think any songs were from after 2000 & most were from the 70's, & a few the 60's.
    Even the special guests, Kiss. They've been around since before most of the dancers & contestants were born.
    BTW likes this.
    "Some of us learn from other people's mistakes and the rest of us have to be other people."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I concur with what everyone else has been saying. The singers tonight were awful omg! They butchered song after song after song. Bleck! The dancers, most of them seemed to be off. Donald was the best of the night. The scoring was so biased it was ridiculous. How did William score such high scores when he screwed up so much of the dance??? That was not right at all. Gladys was the worst of the night - its time for her to go.
    I still think William is cute, but I'm so over the infatuation and (what I think) is jamming down our throats by the producers. Cheryl's coming across as being arrogant and overconfident, and I wish she'd focus on William's dancing and not taking his shirt off. He seems akward and uncomfortable by the attention, you think the show would scale it back. But then, we wouldn't have the illusion they want us to have. Same with Katherine. She's a good dancer, but I'm over her. William getting the score he did with his messed up jive must mean the judges thought he deserved a perfect score until he messed up. And even if he didn't, he still didn't deserve the score he got. Gladys-bless her heart. But it's getting there. I think Gavin should go before her, but I think those 2 are the weakest left. I'm thinking the final 3 will be William, Donald, and Katherine, so hopefully (if that's the case) they don't try and throw Donald under the bus to get the outcome they want.
    Alexxxx and jucamer like this.

I just read that during Maks & Melissa's paso that she hit her head on the ballroom floor and started to feel dizzy and lightheaded so much that Gavin actually carried her down from the Celebraquarium and she was put on a stretcher and taken to the hospital. I had the show taped, but deleted it. Did anyone notice her hitting her head? I must've missed it.
    karalott and Midol like this.

I'm thinking the final 3 will be William, Donald, and Katherine,
    Even though it's early, I tend to agree - barring something really drastic (injury, really crap performance).

+ Reply to Thread