+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: 4/2 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/2 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Just goes to show what a good teacher Mark is I had no trouble picking out who was the pro As for Jaleel( apart from his storyline being very weak) I think he could make it as an actor, oh but wait...
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My major concern at this point is the insane overscoring THIS early in the season.

To echo about 5,000 of you: Where in the heck are the judges going to go as regards scoring later on in the season?

I mean, at the rate they're going now (or APPEAR to be going in, at least!), if they tried to backtrack themselves later on down the line and give some dances the actual lower scores that they might truly deserve, it seems to me that ABC runs the very serious risk of having an out-for-blood lynch mob on the loose in the ballroom.

And they would have nobody to blame for that but the judges.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

I agree, the judging has been insane since it started. All of them imho, have been over-scored
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I haven't seen a single dance yet -- not one -- deserving a score of 10. Only a couple deserving a 9. Maybe more like an 8.5.

Seems to me at this stage of the competition, a score of 8 should be a pretty big triumph and we should be seeing lots of 7s and still some 6s.

The overscoring makes the whole competition pretty boring. I mean, what's the point?
    karalott, mesachick and jucamer like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I was going to write a recap, but when I read what you wrote I realized that I felt the same way you did last night. The only thing I was going to add and then saw another person picked up on what I noticed regarding Katherine and Mark. I thought it was hard to pick out that Mark was the pro. It was almost like the other poster said that Mark looked like he was the one learning how to dance compared to Katherine. I am glad that you enjoyed Roshon as he makes me smile as well. That is one thing about dancing and showing that you are having a good time. Roshon certainly does that in spades. I thought that Melissa was not that good. Again, in any other season she would be doing fine, but she is competing against a lot of great dancers. She does not flow with the dance. Even though it was the jive it still has to flow. Where were the comments from Bruno who usually comments about the flicks and kicks and doing them well. The marks for William and Cheryl did not surprise me especially from Bruno. For the two of them it is all about how sexy he is. The judging never changes and I can't help remember the dance last season done by Karina and J.R. during this very week and talk about someone who was robbed with the scores he received from the judges. One last comment about Jaleel. I knew nothing of the story before watching and judged him solely on his dancing which I thought was very good. Even the crying I did not perceive as fake. I will have to go back and watch to see if I view it differently now. I am not a mind reader and therefore have to idea what he was or was not thinking about. I have no idea who will be going home tonight. It clearly is a popularity contest and the one who gets the least votes will go home. Although since nothing surprises me about these voting shows I sometimes question just how accurate they are.
    I agree that Katherine is looking like a pro out there, but her moves are not as well done as a real pro and are more limited in their variety and complexity. As an amateur she is doing fabulously! I do notice that Mark has wisely chosen to take advantage of Katherine's superior arm movement and line wherever he can. He is also using the double-turn/drop as much as he can since she seems to have perfected that particular move very well.

To me the waltz done by Jonathan and Anna show what two real pros can do with a tribute waltz. That dance receives all 10s in my book. As I said when I first heard about this pairing back in early March - I wish Jonathan had come back to dance with Katherine. I can picture how beautiful their dances would be after watching that waltz last night.
    Florimel, ness and AZChristian like this.

Laughed so much reading your comments and agreed with a lot of them.
    One thing. I think I have not seen Maks as handsome as he was in the segment where Melissa told her story and he said he did not make her cry. OMG!
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexxxx View Post
    I haven't seen a single dance yet -- not one -- deserving a score of 10. Only a couple deserving a 9. Maybe more like an 8.5.

Seems to me at this stage of the competition, a score of 8 should be a pretty big triumph and we should be seeing lots of 7s and still some 6s.

The overscoring makes the whole competition pretty boring. I mean, what's the point?
    I dont know what the point is. I don't understand the judges making the final decision either. I will agree with everyone that it could be to save someone like Katherine, but she hasn't been in the bottom three, let alone two. This show isn't as much fun as it once was imho

Thank hank for SYTYCD
    -Andy Rooney-

What a 10 for William. His frame was not good enough even for a 9! And they had a few mess ups. Well at least one. Crazy scoring tonight. If you get 24 you belong to the losers.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I dont know what the point is. I don't understand the judges making the final decision either. I will agree with everyone that it could be to save someone like Katherine, but she hasn't been in the bottom three, let alone two. This show isn't as much fun as it once was imho

Thank hank for SYTYCD
    Maybe it's to clear the decks. Rather than save Katherine directly, they are trying to take out people like Melissa and Jaleel whom they don't feel should surpass Katherine...but who may at one point, if they stay in the game and continue to have a strong fanbase.

Obviously viewers come to this show with different expectations. I prefer to watch non-dancers improve over the weeks (a.k.a. all those 8's from the other night), but others justifiably want to see the best dancer win, period. And then there are those who vote based on the pros rather than the celebrities. Hard for ABC to satisfy all parties here.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    Maybe it's to clear the decks. Rather than save Katherine directly, they are trying to take out people like Melissa and Jaleel whom they don't feel should surpass Katherine...but who may at one point, if they stay in the game and continue to have a strong fanbase.

Obviously viewers come to this show with different expectations. I prefer to watch non-dancers improve over the weeks (a.k.a. all those 8's from the other night), but others justifiably want to see the best dancer win, period. And then there are those who vote based on the pros rather than the celebrities. Hard for ABC to satisfy all parties here.
    Yes, that makes sense. Any polls I have seen Katherine has been number 1. I like to see those improve, I don't like to sit through them not improving though.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread