+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 22 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree207Likes

Thread: 4/2 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 4/2 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Jaleel's crying was just weird. I have no idea what he meant by "his Mickey Mouse". I finally decided he's in a severe depression about not being famous for anything other than his childhood acting job. Whereas last week I thought he was a "together" dude, this week he just seemed in a shambles about his career and he seemed like so many other child-actors that have a warped sense of self-worth because growing up was a death sentence for their fame.

THEN I read the story about him being hostile to Kim. That would explain tonight's tears... guilt about his behavior. I hope the story is false, because if it's true, that's pretty shameful behavior for an adult.
    jucamer, Midol and Debb70 like this.

I would think if the reports of the fight are true, then DWTS would remove him from the show. I would hope they wouldn't want to risk the safety of their pros. Which makes me believe that the reports are blown way out of proportion. That being said, there was something very off, phoney, and desperate about his crying last night. I'm not sure if it was guilt over the argument (it wasn't a fight) or if it was him trying to compensate for coming up with such a lame "best year" answer.

Either way, I think he will still be safe because the majority of voters have no idea about the brouhaha.

I think in danger will be Gavin, Melissa, and Jack.

I was not very impressed with last night, I was actually rather bored. I blame all the tears. After the 2nd celeb boohooing all over the camera, I lost interest and started rolling my eyes. I really despise these theme weeks. I also didn't like the fact that we weren't allowed to compare dance to dance because they were all mostly doing different dances. I like it when the celebs all do the same two dances, it gives us a solid measuring stick to see who is doing good and who isn't.

Tonight the voting will be done on who made the viewer cry the most with their sob story.
    Midol and Debb70 like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I liked Jaleel's dance a lot and voted for him with my cell phone and land line. It was a nice nod to Family Matters. That song was used when Stefan first danced with Laura, if my memory serves me.

I had no idea about any of this fight with Kym stuff until I read this thread (and his thread) this morning. I think US gets some things right, and gets other incredibly wrong. So honestly, I have a hard time believing this is true, or at least not very misleading. But at the end of the day, I do not know him or what he is like, so it is possible.

I was a little confused by the Mickey Mouse comment and the tears too, but then I think I figured out what he was saying. It's been said a lot that Walt Disney's alter ego was Mickey, and Mickey's was Walt. Basically, they had a lot in common and were just another "version" of one other. I assumed that was what he meant too, that Stefan and Steve were both part of him, and they were obviously influenced by him.

If you watch it back, when he started crying, Brooke rolled her eyes at him. I was really mad at her when I saw that, but if (big if) all this is true, I could see why.

Overall, good show last night, but boy, talk about a downer of an episode.
    fireflyer, Midol, Debb70 and 1 others like this.

FORT Fogey

VAgirl. I don't know who Stephan or Steve is, can you tell me that too!? Thanks for the explanation of Mickey. I was totally in the dark about that. I agree with a poster on this thread that said his tears are more likely coming from feeling distraught about his fight with Kym and what that could mean to his longevity on the show. Sorry, I cannot remember your name and too lazy to go hunting.

It was clear he and Kym could barely express any joy about their successful dance together. Jaeel's face, when he finished his dance, and all the way through judging told me, without a doubt, that something bad had gone down between them and was not yet resolved. They showed shots of his friends in the audience more than they EVER do because of his expression, as well. I can hear it in the control room now, keep it on the audience, stay there, flash Jaeel, oops no, go back to his friends. Oh and even when holding their final and very dramatic pose he could not conjure a good expression!
    Last edited by Shoepie; 04-03-2012 at 07:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    VAgirl. I don't know who Stephan or Steve is, can you tell me that too!? Thanks for the explanation of Mickey. I was totally in the dark about that. I agree with a poster on this thread that said his tears are more likely coming from feeling distraught about his fight with Kym and what that could mean to his longevity on the show. Sorry, I cannot remember your name and too lazy to go hunting.

It was clear he and Kym could barely express any joy about their successful dance together. Jaeel's face, when he finished his dance, and all the way through judging told me, without a doubt, that something bad had gone down between them and was not yet resolved. They showed shots of his friends in the audience more than they EVER do because of his expression, as well. I can hear it in the control room now, keep it on the audience, stay there, flash Jaeel, oops no, go back to his friends. Oh and even when holding their final and very dramatic pose he could not conjure a good expression!
    Hi Shoepie! Steve was Urkel's first name, and Stefan was the character referenced by Jaleel last night, aka Urkel's smooth alter ego. The beginning of the dance with the buzzing electricity sound and laser-like lights was a nod to the fact that, originally, Urkel had to get into a transformation chamber (after a DNA-altering potion was poured into it) to make the transformation. He also portrayed a female cousin named Myrtle Urkel.

In other words, since Jaleel was the man behind Steve and Stefan, part of him was in both of those characters, and parts of them are in him. At least how I interpreted it, anyway. Walt was Mickey's original voice as well, btw.

I don't know what happened. I hope it's not true and that they just had an argument. I like his dancing very much, and his character was one I loved since he first debuted on FM. I don't want to think he would be like this.

As a viewer who didn't know about the article, I honestly didn't notice anything was off except for Brooke rolling her eyes at him.
    Jaceegirl likes this.

FORT Fogey

Thanks. ^^^

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I hate touchy-feely tribute nights on shows like this and American Idol. I don't care what was the best year of the life, what song was popular the year they were born, what song they lost their virginity to, etc. Just dance/sing! Like someone else said, all the boo-hooing really turned me off.

Plus, how are the judges supposed to give an honest critique when the person dedicated their dance to a memory of their dead father, sick child, etc? They sound like monsters if they criticize the person's footwork or poor posture when they have tears rolling down their face from the emotion of the dance. If they have to do these stupid tribute things, I think they should have the person dance first, get judged, and then they can do the package revealing why they chose that song...and I can go to the bathroom, go get a drink of water, or play with my kitty cats while the mushy stuff is on.

I didn't like the rumba version of Material Girl. It was so weird. And Jack's song selection didn't seem appropriate as a tribute to his daughter. I know it was one of his songs but it was talking about passion and kissing and just seemed wrong to be performing for her!

I wish they would stop the cutesy themes and tell the dance teams what dance they will be dancing to, then let them pick their own song.
    TIA__MA, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.

I have no idea what Jaleel was talking about, though I recall him playing Eukel as a child. The entire story seemed odd and hardly fitting for the way he used it. After the dance, he seemed to realize how lame the story was so he tried to bolster it by having that emotional breakdown. That was my take on it.
    AZChristian and jucamer like this.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Was anyone else appalled that the girl with the broken ribs was shown doing wrestling moves at an event recently??? I don't know much about broken ribs but shouldn't she not be doing activities like that? Even if it is all acting, it still looked like she really fell and twisted her side around. That can't be good for healing ribs! I haven't had any broken bones, though, so I don't know how I would feel if I was her and if I'd be taking it easy or be just as active.

I would never have guessed anything was going on with Jaleel and Kym if I hadn't heard it here. If the articles I've read are true, I'm surprised he wasn't booted from the show for his behavior. He shouldn't have even been allowed to do his routine this week.
    Last edited by pikachu; 04-03-2012 at 09:52 AM.

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

Jaleel has been quoted as saying that there are good weeks and bad weeks when participating in DWTS, and maybe this wasn't a particularly good week. I suspect the truth is somewhere in the middle, but if he was physically threatening to Kym he should have been eliminated. Period.

+ Reply to Thread