+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: 3/27 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Re: 3/27 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    It's probably why we haven't seen Damien paired up since his debut with Pamela Anderson -- he's really short.
    I understand he and Peta are romantically linked. Both are from Australia.
    karalott likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Height may be the answer to both your questions. Aren't Derek and Mark shorter than Maks and Tony? When a tall female celeb wants to be on the show, they have to give her a taller partner or it just looks weird.

It's probably why we haven't seen Damien paired up since his debut with Pamela Anderson -- he's really short.
    Not buying that height is the total answer. Susan Lucci is about 5'2", but she didn't get Derek or Mark or Louis. She got Tony. I don't know the heights of all current and past female celebs, but Derek and Mark, especially Derek, never wind up with a hopeless case.
    BTW, jucamer and Midol like this.

I think the pairings are selected by a number of factors, height being one. Truly, Derek and Mark have never gotten a true disaster to try and work with, which bothers me. Everyone else has had more than one. I also think that if a particular celebrity whom they really want to sign asks for a particular pro, the show runners will try to accommodate him/her. Another criterion, I believe, is the personalities of the pros. Kym was the Tony for the female pros for a good number of seasons. I think they give the really impossible ones to the pros who can handle it, like Tony and Kym. Not fair, but I'm sure that comes into it.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I think the pairings are selected by a number of factors, height being one. Truly, Derek and Mark have never gotten a true disaster to try and work with, which bothers me. Everyone else has had more than one. I also think that if a particular celebrity whom they really want to sign asks for a particular pro, the show runners will try to accommodate him/her. Another criterion, I believe, is the personalities of the pros. Kym was the Tony for the female pros for a good number of seasons. I think they give the really impossible ones to the pros who can handle it, like Tony and Kym. Not fair, but I'm sure that comes into it.
    ahem.....Kim Kardashian...Shannen Doherty....ahem

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    how soon they forget..lol
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I would add Bristol to that list, but they made the finals when they shouldn't have, and both were big babies over thinking the judges were underscoring them when it seemed the judges were already overscoring and praising Bristol as it was. Shannen may have been out first, but Mark had a knee injury that was taking him out that season anyway. I don't really think Shannen was so bad; she might have improved in the coming weeks. She was certainly better than Aiden, Buzz, and Kate, and it surprised me she at least didn't make it past the first elimination. Since Shannen has what appears to be an undisputed reputation in Hollywood, on top of being partnered with Mark, it probably wasn't a very warm and fuzzy relationship. I remember her saying she hated both outfits he put her in. You got me on Kim, and I'm only thankful she did the show when she did. Nowadays, we'd be stuck with her until the end But aside from those 3, Mark has been extremely luck in the partner department-Sabrina, Kristi, Shawn, Chelsea, Kristin, and now Katherine. True, Kristin and Sabrina were earlier outs than they were probably expected to be, but they weren't no Kate Gosselin or Susan Lucci. And Derek has yet to have a challenge of that caliber. But I've given up thinking he will. At least this season, I don't see a fourth mirrorball for him. But in all honesty, I'd rather Derek win a 4th time than Mark a 3rd.

Last week I thought Donald and Jaleel seemed like the biggest locks for the finals. Unless something surprising happens or the judges throw Donald under the bus, to the point of no return, I still think there's a strong shot of him making the finals, with William and Katherine rounding out the top 3 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    I understand he and Peta are romantically linked. Both are from Australia.
    I seem to recall reading something about Kym and Tristan dating as well - anyone else see this?

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    I seem to recall reading something about Kym and Tristan dating as well - anyone else see this?
    My daughter said she saw pics of Kym and Tristan. I thought she said Cheryl .

I thought BTW was talking Damien and Peta. Gawd cant keep up
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yes. Another week with Maks!! Watching the result show right now while eating a sandwich with delicious Dutch old cheese.
    I worry for Martina. She is in jeopardy. That young boy could win this show. He has a lot of talent.The one dancing with Chelsea whom I am not a fan of.... Huh in jeopardy? bull! fake jeopardy I am sure. I do think he has an advantage over the other cause he is used to dancing. Yes it may be another style of dance but it means he knows how to learn a routine quickly and is used to moving his body. he is not going anywhere.

I also love love Peta's dress. If I were 20 again I would ask someone to make it for me. There were a lot of horrible costumes. Jack and Martina come to mind but Peta and her partner looked so sweet.

Weird question. Is it normal to say baby to a guy who is married to someone else? I noticed Cheryl and Peta saying it to their partners.
    Hey Karina and Gavin are in jeopardy too. I think Martina will go but hope one of the other 2...... nooooooooooo.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112