+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: 3/27 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/27 DWTS 14 results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by TIA__MA View Post
    Last season's drinking game was do a shot every time Rob Kardashian mentioned he graduated from USC. I'm thinking this season it will be do a shot every time Maria Menounos mentions her Greek heritage.
    Tough as well. I dont know how she can carry on with two broken ribs?
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/27 DWTS 14 Results Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Exactly HOW do the celebs get assigned to the pros? I get that height is sometimes an issue, but why is it that Tony so often gets the hopeless cases, while Derek (and usually Mark) gets the ones with good potential? You never see Derek with the likes of Cloris, Martina, Kate G, etc.

Height may be the answer to both your questions. Aren't Derek and Mark shorter than Maks and Tony? When a tall female celeb wants to be on the show, they have to give her a taller partner or it just looks weird.

It's probably why we haven't seen Damien paired up since his debut with Pamela Anderson -- he's really short.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Ė Abraham Lincoln

Why didnt Maks get Martina, he's tall enough?
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    You are right about William dancing before as Cheryl said last night that the salsa would be next for him and that it is his favorite dance. If he had no dancing background he would not even know what the salsa was except a food item. lol
    He is Cuban, the salsa is a Cuban dance. There is no reason why he wouldn't know what it is, maybe even have given it a whirl at a family wedding, and have it be his favourite because it's from his native land. It doesn't mean he has a background in dance. As a two-left-footed Canadian I am completely familiar with the log driver's waltz, though I would definitely be crushed to death if I tried it.
    Florimel likes this.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    Height may be the answer to both your questions. Aren't Derek and Mark shorter than Maks and Tony? When a tall female celeb wants to be on the show, they have to give her a taller partner or it just looks weird.

It's probably why we haven't seen Damien paired up since his debut with Pamela Anderson -- he's really short.
    Louis also suffers from being on the shorter side, and often winds up not being on a season because of the height factor. Derek and Mark can partner the shorter pros (I think Mark needs a shorter celeb more than Derek; both Shannon Elizabeth and Maria are 5'9" or so), and even the taller male celebs can partner a shorter girl if they need to (another case in point, Melissa Gilbert getting Maks, despite being under 5'5"). Celebs have been requesting pros going as far back as season 4 that I can recall (despite the producers earlier denying this and saying it was random), so that factors in, too. I have to believe as well that appearance and whether a potential showmance or platonic story line can play out by putting two people together.

I miss Damian He's going to be appearing on the Australian version of DWTS coming up. With Strictly Come Dancing axing five of their pros for their new season, it makes me wonder if they'll try and pluck any DWTS rejects who aren't consistantly on the show like some of the others.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Tough as well. I dont know how she can carry on with two broken ribs?
    Easy - no lindy, jive, swing, quickstep or other fast dances that require a lot of pounding due to risk of the fractures turning into full out breaks.

The only reason she's being allowed to continue is because they're not full out broken and risk puncturing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    Easy - no lindy, jive, swing, quickstep or other fast dances that require a lot of pounding due to risk of the fractures turning into full out breaks.

The only reason she's being allowed to continue is because they're not full out broken and risk puncturing anything.
    And no hugging! I didnt know they were not full out broken.All I heard last night was two broken ribs. I think that must hurt! it would me
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    He is Cuban, the salsa is a Cuban dance. There is no reason why he wouldn't know what it is, maybe even have given it a whirl at a family wedding, and have it be his favourite because it's from his native land. It doesn't mean he has a background in dance. As a two-left-footed Canadian I am completely familiar with the log driver's waltz, though I would definitely be crushed to death if I tried it.
    My absolute favorite is the Argentine Tango. I have zero dance training and have never tried to do the tango, but boy would I love to! That dance fascinates me and if I ever decide to take lessons, that will be first on my list! So, I can see where he's coming from.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    .....You are right about William dancing before as Cheryl said last night that the salsa would be next for him and that it is his favorite dance. If he had no dancing background he would not even know what the salsa was except a food item.....
    Whoa.....I'm not even sure what to say to this other than it should be addressed. The salsa is a very standard dance in the Latino culture. I am not a dancer, I think I'm the only girl who never took a dance class but I sure as heck know how to salsa. I learned how to salsa, jitterbug, do the chicken dance, and even a bit of mambo because of my culture (I am Cuban) and because I was raised in Louisiana where my mother and her friends would throw block parties every weekend and there would be some mad jitterbugging going on. Those fools loved to do that dance, it was pretty awesome to watch. They were also huge fans of Swing and I was always in fear of somebody breaking something.

Anyways, I felt that was a bit of a generalization and it's not just Cubans who know how to salsa. Go to any Latino nightclub and there is some serious salsa going on in there.
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 03-28-2012 at 04:33 PM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread