+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 37 FirstFirst ... 262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Like Tree349Likes

Thread: 3/26 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Re: 3/26 DWTS 14 Show Discussion **West Coast Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Just to comment on the ringer status of Katherine......
    And she's not the only one. There was a huge fuss over Sherri and how she took lessons at Chmerkovskiy's New York dance studio. The accusations are that she took them before signing up for this season so she'd have a leg up on the competition. She at first completely denied it on The View and now she's saying that that lessons were nothing and just her way of seeing if she could do it or not.

My thoughts? So what on both things (her lessons and others having some dance experience, most little girls take dance). If I knew I wanted to do this show and knew that many of these people have dance backgrounds, I would definitely take classes. Unless there is some rule saying you can't.
    Shoepie likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I suspected that this week would start to separate the wheat from the chaff and I was right. The jive and the quickstep are 2 very difficult dances for this early in the season. I didn't expect any of the couples to look better than last week which had easier dances, and therefore was pleasantly surprised with the performances of Katherine, Roshon, Maria, Donald and William. I agree that the judging was all over the map this week and was particularly disappointed with the score given to Gladys Knight. I am in general agreement with most of the comments already posted so I won't go back over stuff already said. I do have a couple of additional comments though.

Martina & Tony - I think it is time for Martina to go - she just doesn't have the musicality for this show, but I think that her poor showing is partly Tony's fault. I've always been a fan of Tony's but I think his choreography has gone downhill in recent seasons. I have always hated the fawning around the judges table gimmick. I have the utmost respect for Martina's talent on the tennis court and always enjoyed how committed she was on the court. Perhaps a background in tennis doesn't translate well to the ballroom. Monica Seles didn't do well on this show either.

Production values - Why is it that some numbers are just put out there on the floor while others get the full treatment of props, backdrops and lighting? Do the pros have the ability to request these things or are the show's producers adding these elements. I actually prefer a dance that isn't so over-produced. It distracts away from the dancing too much.

Ringer Status - I do not believe that Katherine deserves to be called a ringer. She had little dance experience prior to the show and what she had was not in ballroom. I do believe she has talent, is very fit, and is working her but off to look good out there. I read that she is continuing a regimen of running as much as 5 miles a day while training the dances. That kind of work really pays off. If anyone deserves the title of ringer it is Roshon who is a hip-hop dancer on a Disney dance show.

Screaming Fangirls - Why is it that the women in the audience scream their lungs out over the hot guys on the show and get away with it? If the guys did the same over the hot girls they would be labeled sexist pigs in an instant. All the screaming also distracts the performers who are trying to concentrate on what they are doing and makes it difficult to follow the beat in the music - especially when it is done during the dance.

Brooke - I actually think that Brooke has improved this season. While she is still not at a level I would like to see, I don't find her as annoying as I sometimes have in past seasons.

It will be interesting to see who goes home tonight. By my scorecard it should be Martina. The other celebrity I think may be in jeopardy is Gavin. I think he is in greater jeopardy because I think a large part of his fanbase may be watching "The Voice" on NBC instead of this show. I think that this will hurt a lot of the singers this year.
    Oohhhh dancingdad, hope you can expand on these thoughts. It would be nice to get insight from the insiders. Based on my limited knowledge, the quick step and jive are very difficult and I've always wondered why they don't use those dances later on in the season.

As for the production numbers. Yes, that can be very obvious too. The music, lighting, graphics do favour some people. Yet, I do wonder if that is the professional's decision or the production team. We'll never know because of show biz clauses. Some are given better music, better visuals, it's part of making good television.

I'm getting kinda tired over the ringer status. Yes, Nicole and Mya had no business dancing on this show. But if you've had any kind of dance training doesn't mean you can ballroom dance. Even Jennifer Grey. She had 3 months to learn her dance routines. HipHop does not equal dancer. Broadway dancing doesn't equal ballroom either.

The only comment I will make about screaming fan girls? Go to an all male revue. LOL
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo47 View Post
    During the show last nite, there was a preview clip for the news saying "guess which female pro is hooking up with her partner... we'll tell you at..." (paraphrased). Who is this? Do Cheryl & Chelsie have boyfriends? I know, it's gossip and not dancing, sorry about that.
    The rumor is about Cheryl and William. They shot that down, of course, and said it was all about dance. Cheryl said she was just recently single and I guess that is supposed to mean she is not in the market for a boyfriend. Well, we will see on this one; it is an intimate situation. We hear this most seasons with the single pros.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post

The only comment I will make about screaming fan girls? Go to an all male revue. LOL
    I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    The rumor is about Cheryl and William. They shot that down, of course, and said it was all about dance. Cheryl said she was just recently single and I guess that is supposed to mean she is not in the market for a boyfriend. Well, we will see on this one; it is an intimate situation. We hear this most seasons with the single pros.
    I thought Cheryl was seeing Tristan. Maybe not. There always has to be one hint of romance with this show, how silly
    Florimel and Nice'n'Easy like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I thought Cheryl was seeing Tristan. Maybe not. There always has to be one hint of romance with this show, how silly
    For some reason, those two don't seem like a good match, but what do I know

Quote Originally Posted by BTW View Post
    For some reason, those two don't seem like a good match, but what do I know
    They have been seen together , holding hands etc..I dont give much credence to a big romance, but who knows( who cares)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought the rumor was Kym and Tristan were dating?

Maybe he's dating Maks or Tony? This whole "romancing Tristan" topic cracks me up.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    Maybe he's dating Maks or Tony? This whole "romancing Tristan" topic cracks me up.
    Well yeah, because who wouldn't want to romance Tristan!
    jucamer likes this.

+ Reply to Thread