+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 38 FirstFirst ... 26272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree475Likes

Thread: 3/19 DWTS14 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/19 DWTS14 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

I felt the same way about Nicole, but the one who really should not have been there was Mya. She was a principal dancer in a Bob Fosse musical. If you've never seen the movie version of "Chicago," take a look at the Cell Block Tango number. I'm not completely sure of the order off the top of my head, but I think she was merry murderess #6. That should tell you all you need to know about her dance experience.

I'm even more delighted to see no really bad or really don't care dancers this season. There is one I don't much like, but she is trying and certainly deserves to be there for a while. At least for now, I am looking forward to enjoying the season.
    karalott, Midol and Jaceegirl like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Well, I'm glad that the producers finally listened to the fans. No stunt casting, no reality tv star, and no controversy.

Now, if they only somehow got rid CA and replaced Brooke, then DWTS would be great.
    Actually, I have to comment about Brooke, only two times (from what I heard) did she ask 'How does it feel?', that's an improvement....But I cringed when she had to 'translate' Tristan. He's easy to understand, most of the time he replaces 'my' with 'me' (which I find cute+funny). Did anyone catch Gladys say 'So what?' to Brooke, when she mentioned she was the oldest competitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Daisoo View Post
    Well, I'm glad that the producers finally listened to the fans. No stunt casting, no reality tv star, and no controversy.

Now, if they only somehow got rid CA and replaced Brooke, then DWTS would be great.
    Actually, I have to comment about Brooke, only two times (from what I heard) did she ask 'How does it feel?', that's an improvement....But I cringed when she had to 'translate' Tristan. He's easy to understand, most of the time he replaces 'my' with 'me' (which I find cute+funny). Did anyone catch Gladys say 'So what?' to Brooke, when she mentioned she was the oldest competitor.
    I didn't catch that .... I so love Gladys!!

I finally watched the whole episode - I'd only watched a few of the routines before this - and I was SO embarrassed for William. He was obviously really uncomfortable with how every woman (and Bruno) treated him like a piece of meat. Hell, Len was the only one who actually talked about his dancing. The other two would have humped his leg if given the chance. Yes, he's a really good looking man, but they acted like idiots. I don't think they could have gotten away with that with a female contestant. I guess it was that they kept on drooling over him through the whole segment when it was obvious he was uncomfortable. Maybe they would have commented more on his dancing if he hadn't done well, but still. I hope that settles down a bit because I think he has the potential to go far.

As much as I really do like Anna, there was nothing good about that routine. The costumes and music were horrible and the choreography was "meh." I hope she does better next week because Jack has potential.

I'm not a Mark fan, but I thought the routine, costumes, music were all terrific. I don't think Katherine will do as well with the Latin dances, but she may prove me wrong.

Sherri = UGH. I'm just not a fan and this didn't change my mind.

I love Martina, but I fear that she may be the first to go. In another season, she might be closer to the middle of the pack, but so many people are SO good this time. I think Melissa is safe for a while based on Maks' popularity, which will give her time to, hopefully, improve.
    karalott, AlwaysVeg and Jaceegirl like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Is this really a premiere show? It looks like fourth episode to me. The bar is set really high this year. I'm glad to see Chelsie back! However, for this season, I'm trying to see PAST the professional dancers and focus on the Celebrities.

My personal favorite of this first week show... Katherine and Jaleel.

This is the first I've heard of Katherine and she really does make great first impression; she can dance and she's a sweetheart and somewhat kinda innocent. My attention really do fell on her alone, but it was probably due to the fact that I found myself cringe when I see Mark. He seems to be in love with himself... but... yeah, I'm really trying to see past that. Anyways... I love the flow of her arms... It's like she was floating on water...

As for Jaleel... He seems to be VERY comfortable with his physical and it seems very natural for him to direct each part of his body to flow easily with the music. I really do agree with Kym... He's a natural.

Two of my favorites so far.

As far as I'm concerned, the scoring are all fair this round.
    karalott and Jaceegirl like this.

I'm disappointed they didn't replace Brooke with CArson. I do not enjoy Brooke at all. I can deal with the judges, but Brooke.....please.
    karalott and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kiariclois View Post

This is the first I've heard of Katherine and she really does make great first impression; she can dance and she's a sweetheart and somewhat kinda innocent.
    I saw her on some entertainment show today, and she was extremely gracious and sweet. Apparently she had a broken engagement a couple months ago and this is one way she's getting back in the swing of things (the hosts kind of pulled this out of her; she was not self-pitying at all).

Gavin is my favorite, but I don't have high hopes for a long stay there, so I will probably switch allegiances when he goes.

I don't have a favorite yet. So many did so well. I do think some of them were overscored. I guess I agreed with the order the judges put them in, but 9's were just too high.

I like to see progress & someone who didn't necessarily start great, turn into a "dancer". That's why I'm glad they have another week before the show does an elimination.
    I have a feeling if Gladys continues to do well, the judges will try to make sure she sticks around. There was a lot of Gladys-worship going on. And deservedly. After all she IS Gladys Knight!
    Fanny Mare and Jaceegirl like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I agree that the scores were a little high last night. I feel like they scored Derek & Maria too high and left themselves no where to go. They had to score the remaining couples relative to D&M in order to preserve parity.
    karalott, ness, jucamer and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDad View Post
    I agree that the scores were a little high last night. I feel like they scored Derek & Maria too high and left themselves no where to go. They had to score the remaining couples relative to D&M in order to preserve parity.
    Really? I thought the ones with higher scores than that( Like Mark and Katherine) with 26 points are going to have a much harder time next week.

Silly to score that high

I also thought the scoring was weird all night though. The ones I thought deserved higher , got lower scores
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 03-22-2012 at 09:16 PM.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread