+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 38 FirstFirst ... 242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree475Likes

Thread: 3/19 DWTS14 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Re: 3/19 DWTS14 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Yay~ DWTS is back!

I don't know if its just me, but I didn't really feel like this season was the best premiere, to me that still belongs to season 12. But this comes second. There are so many contenders this seasons, it's going to be really fun. I feel that the seasons with the stars are unknown or who don't bring enough 'controversy' or aren't stunt casts tend to be the more enjoyable ones.

For the scores from last night, I'm iffy about them. Some are way over scored and some are underscored.
    9's??? Already? I don't believe those who recieved 9's yesterday, danced a nine, they danced well, but I still don't believe 9's should have been given out.
    karalott and AZChristian like this.

I think some of the scores were too high last night it being the first night...but I will have to say that I thought everyone did a great job...this should be a really good season with the talent they have if they keep improving each week....I really hope that it doesn't turn into a popularity contest...I would like the votes to represent the dancing and I can't think of anything negative to say about any of the dancers or the dances last night...everyone was good
    Florimel, jucamer, Midol and 1 others like this.
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Well, I thought this was the best darn premiere of DWTS that I've seen. There was nobody that I "didn't care for". Gonna be difficult culling the herd.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

It's great seeing everyone show up ( CrazyDutchWoman and Daisoo) The premiere was all sorts of amazing. Even though I think it's impossible to predict anything right now, I won't be surprised if a guy wins this season again. I think the guys are slightly better as a whole, and I could even see an all-male final 3 (or, like last season, 2 guys and a girl). Fanbases are probably going to be even more important than ever, especially if no one gets thrown under the bus and scores stay consistantly close. I'll be curious, for the older contestants, if time catches up to them and they start to fizzle out. Gladys and Gavin are both touring while doing the show, so it'll be interesting if that ends up effecting them. I'm sure they're used to doing 100 different things while on the road, so maybe not. I really loved how humbled Gladys seemed last night. Here she is, a legend, and one of the closest things to an A-lister this show has ever had, and she seemed surprised and grateful for the praise and not like she expected it because of who she is. I thought that of everyone last night. I think it's been the best premiere ever, in the sense that everyone can actually dance, but I think season 8 is slightly ahead of this one for me in terms of being my overall favorite premiere. We got spoiled this week, and it's only week 1. I hope it keeps up at this pace. I'm really glad they're doing two dances before the first elimination. That may actually end up making all the difference for once.

Quote Originally Posted by RBmumsie View Post
    Well, I thought this was the best darn premiere of DWTS that I've seen. There was nobody that I "didn't care for". Gonna be difficult culling the herd.
    I have to agree I think that the only way it will be easier to cull them out is if they made some huge mistakes..but if they stand up to the performances last night and even improve more..yes it will be hard to cull them out
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

Just popping in to say I also was pleasantly surprised with the first episode Monday night - and am glad we get to see them all dance next week before one of them has to leave. There is no one I don't like - and everyone seems to have potential. I love that I really have no feel for fan bases or for who the F3 will be. This is going to be an enjoyable season!

Hmmm, maybe I am just getting worn out of reality shows, but I wasn't all that impressed. I guess I was just bored. No one really stuck out as an exciting performer. There is always someone in the cast whom I can't wait to see what they do, but I don't have that feeling yet this season. It was all just kind of blah. Hopefully that will change.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by KatesMom View Post
    Just popping in to say I also was pleasantly surprised with the first episode Monday night - and am glad we get to see them all dance next week before one of them has to leave. There is no one I don't like - and everyone seems to have potential. I love that I really have no feel for fan bases or for who the F3 will be. This is going to be an enjoyable season!
    I agree 100%. nice to see you
    KatesMom likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Has anyone ever seen a season of this show where talent was the main criteria for voting, and popularity wasn't? (ahemBristolPalin!)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Has anyone ever seen a season of this show where talent was the main criteria for voting, and popularity wasn't? (ahemBristolPalin!)
    I think at the start voting is not all about dancing, but I think when the field narrows or someone has done well, or improved(Rob Kardashian) then voting changes.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread