+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829303132333435363738 LastLast
Like Tree475Likes

Thread: 3/19 DWTS14 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 3/19 DWTS14 Premiere Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by annettejt View Post
    What an opening night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Haven't picked a fav yet - too many to choose from!
    Agreed. There's no one I'm actively rooting against (except Mark, but he was tame tonight, so I'll give him a pass-I'm sure he'll be back to form soon enough). I definitely have favorites, but no one I really want to see gone, and found everyone enjoyable. Gavin and Maria were forgettable, but I think Maria will be one of the come back kids this season. I do hope the scoring isn't screwy all season and that the judges don't throw anyone under the bus while propping their favorites up in the process.

Thinking Martina is the likely first boot. Gavin would be my second choice, but really no idea. Even after next week I might be even more clueless as to who's going home.

Katherine was lovely, and I'm anxious to see if her latin is as good as her ballroom. Really sweet and charming, definitely has grace. Sherri, Donald, Jack, and Jaleel are a lot of fun. Roshon is fun and has moves. William is great eye candy. Gladys, bless her heart, may I be able to move like that at 68 (and look so good). I think week 1 nerves did Melissa and Maria in. Fingers crossed for next week.
    jucamer and Midol like this.

I think I'll feel like the wrong person is going home every week with this cast! I really enjoyed them all, except I thought that Katherine and Mark were over scored, though I found her to be an absolute sweetheart!!! Roshon and Donald def got underscored and Gladys was a pleasant surprise. She sure can shake it at her age!

This is the first season that I don't have an absolute favorite after night one, nor any predictions for the final three!
    Midol likes this.
    Keep your feet on the ground, when your heads in the clouds!

FORT Fogey

I think I'd put Martina as the first boot also, based on tonight's performances. She was good, just out of her league in this group. There are so many I've never heard of this season, I wonder how the fan bases will stack up.
    jucamer and Midol like this.
    This isn’t the Sound of freaking Music we’re watching.......sdl

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Why don't I know who 'Don' is??? I'm drawing a total blank.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Why don't I know who 'Don' is??? I'm drawing a total blank.
    Donald Driver the football player who danced with Peta

Best 1st show in a long time. Best overall cast with no obvious clunkers. I think the 10 paddle will come out early this year and eventually we will be sending people home on weeks where all had perfect scores. I saw Gladys last September when she came to Austin with the Saints United Voices choir. She rocked the house and looks great. I was within feet of her at the time. I do think that some (Jack, Katherine) were overscored, and Donald and Maria were actually underscored. The judges were interesting tonight for sure. This season is going to be very exciting.
    karalott and mountaingirl70 like this.
    "We were just going to do whatever it took to win."--Texas Longhorn Quarterback Colt McCoy

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by KrazeeKy07 View Post
    I think I'll feel like the wrong person is going home every week with this cast! I really enjoyed them all, except I thought that Katherine and Mark were over scored, though I found her to be an absolute sweetheart!!! Roshon and Donald def got underscored and Gladys was a pleasant surprise. She sure can shake it at her age!

This is the first season that I don't have an absolute favorite after night one, nor any predictions for the final three!
    I have predictions for the final 3, but its not as set in stone as previous seasons, and not as obvious, either. We're going to have shocking boots, even if any other time they wouldn't be so shocking. I agree with the comments that even if Martina was the worst tonight, her worst would have been great in a cast with Mike Catherwood or Kathy Ireland. Brooke was wrong that Katherine got the highest week 1 score ever (that was Kristi Yamaguchi), and I think we've had 9s week 1 before, too. I think, at the end of the night, everyone was over or underscored. But I knew once Maria got 3 7s and Jack 2 8s it was going to be one of those night (especially when Donald, the best of the first 3, tied Maria).

They were all really good. My biggest surprise was Mel Gilbert. She did a great job. I think Martina should be the first to go. She reminded me of Hope...no rythym at all. I wasn't at all surprised by Jaleel's ability. It takes alot to be albe to pull off a character like "steve urkel" for all those years. He's my favorite.

From things I’ve read, Jaleel seems to feel about “Urkel” the same way Gary Colemam felt about “Arnold”. But, I loved both characters . . .so darned adorable and funny.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Loved so many tonight. Doubt my favorites need the votes. I think Martina is in jeopardy. I gave her most of my votes. Her partner was a great influence in my decision. He deserves more time with her, and she just might loosen up and gain confidence. Tony has been cheated too many times. Why couldn't they have paired her with Derek or Mark. After all, aren't they the great teachers?
    karalott, Nice'n'Easy and Midol like this.

+ Reply to Thread