+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Re: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

He hasn't been Urkel in years. I enjoy seeing him dance as the adult he is now.
    Ellen likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm old and was a young adult when Family Matters was on, but I never watched the show, so I wouldn't know the Urkel move if I saw it.

But I guess his actual fanbase who calls in and votes online would recognize it. I just wonder if they would have to mention that he's doing it in the rehearsal clip so that people know it's a "thing".
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

He could do the jive as Erkel.
    With the suspenders.

I hope he doesn't do the Urkel thing. I'd hope he'd be above the cheap, cheesy, obvious pandering thing.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Umm...trouble in paradise?

REPORT: Jaleel White 'Flips Out' in DWTS Rehearsal

By Raphael Chestang | ET Online – 1 hour 18 minutes ago

Dancing with the Stars contestant Jaleel White reportedly lashed out at pro partner Kym Johnson during a rehearsal on Friday, causing Johnson to break down in tears.

A source tells Us Weekly that the former Family Matters star, 35, "flipped out" after accidently stepping on Johnson's foot. When Johnson, 35, expressed discomfort and White reportedly began shouting at her, claiming she was "acting like a baby."

Johnson reportedly left the studio in tears after White allegedly called her an "idiot."

The news source goes on to report that fellow cast members Donald Driver and Mark Ballas tried unsuccessfully to calm White down.

White reportedly now wishes to have his "own rehearsal space elsewhere" and "refuses to go back to the rehearsal studio again."

In a recent interview with ET, White revealed feeling uneasy while practicing for the show, saying, "I don't know if I'll ever be comfortable with the cameras there for the entirety of rehearsal ... Yeah, [I'm comfortable with] a camera with a great script and 'action' and 'cut' is wonderful but when you have a camera there capturing your missteps and your frustrations, honestly sometimes you just want to punch the camera."

This is the first time an event this contentious has ever been reported concerning one of Kym Johnson's DWTS partners.

An all-new DWTS airs tonight on ABC.

UPDATE:
    A rep for Jaleel White gave this statement to ET: "[White and Kym Johnson] are getting along great. Watch tonight's dance."
    And there was an earlier story about him not liking cameras in the rehearsal studio (diva much):

Jaleel White Uncomfortable with 'DWTS' Cameras

By ROBERT PACE
    March 15, 2012

As Jaleel White and dancing partner Kym Johnson prepare for Dancing with the Stars next week, ET discovered White's dislike of having cameras follow him during rehearsal even though he is an actor.

"I don't know if I'll ever be comfortable with the cameras there for the entirety of rehearsal," White said. "Yeah, [I'm comfortable with] a camera with a great script and 'action' and 'cut' is wonderful but when you have a camera there capturing your missteps and your frustrations, honestly sometimes you just want to punch the camera."

Beyond his frustration with the cameras always being there, White revealed that he is enjoying the experience so far and feels that his career has come full-circle now that he is on DWTS decades later with Gladys Knight, with whom he co-starred as a boy on Charlie & Co. in the '80s.

As for whether White will channel any of his iconic Steve Urkel moves during this season, he replied negatively, explaining that he was taking a determined approach to the competition.

"It's funny but I just want to do what [my partner] choreographs," the 34-year-old stated. "Why would I get myself intentionally marked off by the judges for doing something like that?…But at the same time, if there's any way I can evoke some nostalgia and just have fun with the crowd—that's going to happen."

50 years and counting! AZChristian's Avatar

This isn't good.

Jaleel White reportedly gets into vicious fight with 'Dancing With the Stars' pros

By Justin Ravitz, Us Weekly
    Urkel got irked -- and there was nothing funny about it.

"Dancing with the Stars" celeb Jaleel White had a seriously bad rehearsal session with pro partner Kym Johnson on Friday -- leading to a "heated" confrontation in which Mark Ballas and show producers eventually intervened, an insider tells Us Weekly exclusively.

The "Family Matters" alum, 35, "flipped out," the insider says, after he accidentally stepped on Johnson's foot. When Johnson, 35, exclaimed "ouch" over his blunder, the insider says, White "got in her face," and chastised her for "acting like a baby ... He was shouting at her, calling her an 'idiot.' "

As Johnson momentarily left the studio in tears, fellow celeb competitor Donald Driver overheard the commotion and "tried to calm him down," the insider says. Unmoved, White "started going off on the producers and shouting about how they put him with a 'stupid' partner."

Pro dancer Mark Ballas then tried to confront White himself. As their argument escalated, White spewed: "'You remind me of that annoying sitcom neighbor who gets into everyone's business!'"

"The producers stepped in and broke it up before it got physical, but they were really going at it -- right up in each other's faces!" the source explains.

Producers then banished White from the studio for the rest of the day. "Now he says he refuses to go back to the rehearsal studio again, that he wants his own rehearsal space elsewhere," the source continues. "It was a huge fiasco that went down. A total mess."

A second show insider adds that Johnson "has never had a conflict with one of her dance partners before."

I just saw this online It said Mark and Donald tried to calm him down. Kym left in tears. Hmm not good. He doesn't like the cameras watching his every move while practising.

Well what did he think he had signed onto? sheesh
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'd love to see him on Big Brother. He'd rip out a wall and escape.

Seriously, this isn't good. They haven't had conflict like this to deal with since Kate & Tony. I wonder how they will handle it on the show, if at all. (They'd better!)
    echo226 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I'd love to see him on Big Brother. He'd rip out a wall and escape.

Seriously, this isn't good. They haven't had conflict like this to deal with since Kate & Tony. I wonder how they will handle it on the show, if at all. (They'd better!)
    I feel sorry for Kym, she has to go on and fake the *everything is just fine smile*
    navybelle likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I don't know how much stock I put into those reports (doesn't every season have some celeb that's difficult behind the scenes or a pro that everyone else secretly hates?) But Jaleel does seem very reserved I've noticed. It is too bad if this is the case. They were, and still are, favorites of mine. Love Jaleel from his Urkel days and adore Kym. I was really hoping to see them go the distance. They still might, but if his attitude and heart aren't into it, they may be out sooner than expected.

And I didn't exactly think Kym and David Alan Grier got along so hot, but maybe that was just his reaction to his elimination that was sour.

+ Reply to Thread