+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

Re: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Add me to the new Jaleel fan club. I thought he was INCREDIBLE.

I was also thinking that Jaleel has had experience being recorded for TV where he gets multiple takes in order to get the "perfect" performance. He probably isn't accustomed to live performing, and that's been a handicap. I think he's finally realized that he's supposed to be ACTING in addition to dancing when he's performing. I predict great performances going forward.

One other thing, am I the only one who finds it odd that people are still bashing Jaleel for an unsubstantiated rumor, but Maks gets away with losing his temperature with Melissa and it's just brushed off because Maks is the "bad boy"? Don't get me wrong, I adore Maks, but he can be a bit of a jerk at times.
    tango7 and ilja like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

I still don't like him, even though the rumors may or may not be true. Unfortunately, once something bad is said about you regardless of the truth, it can't be taken back. The media will see to that. However, I will judge him only for his dancing and he did very well Monday night. Wish the judges would do the same with all the contestants!
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

One other thing, am I the only one who finds it odd that people are still bashing Jaleel for an unsubstantiated rumor, but Maks gets away with losing his temperature with Melissa and it's just brushed off because Maks is the "bad boy"? Don't get me wrong, I adore Maks, but he can be a bit of a jerk at times.
    No, you're not the only one.

Five will get you ten that the show has downplayed the incident to avoid the threat if lawsuits charging them with interfering with Jaleel White's ability to get work if they showed what really happened. That is not uncommon in show business.
    nanarama and AZChristian like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

if they showed what really happened
    And exactly what is it that really happened? Did Jaleel threaten a lawsuit?

Should they also be afraid of a lawsuit from Maks? Kirstie Alley? Kym? Kate Gosselin? Tony? Any other pros or stars?

I kinda doubt that ABC is afraid of a lawsuit from anyone. I hear they have a tremendous amount of money and very highly paid attorneys.
    Last edited by tango7; 04-26-2012 at 02:39 PM.

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I believe the lawsuit is speculation as to why ABC covered up a significant fight during rehearsal that has been verified as having actually happened by several pros and stars. They have showed many arguments and meltdowns over the years. Jaleel is on record in several interviews where he has complained about the cameras filming their every move, so we know it had to have been caught on camera.
    Also, it has been mentioned in the past by people who have worked with Jaleel that he displays a "diva" attitude. The answer that some have suggested as to why the blow-up was never shown or alluded to is that Jaleel made threats of lawsuits against the show/Kym. We don't know for sure, but it seems as good an answer as any as to why this fight's been hushed up when some people (cough*Maks*cough) can't have any "bad moments" without it showing up in the package.
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.

I believe the lawsuit is speculation as to why ABC covered up a significant fight during rehearsal that has been verified as having actually happened by several pros and stars.
    Actually that's not true. Not one pro nor one star verified a significant fight - quite the contrary - several stated that no such fight happened and that the media had blown whatever did happen out of proportion. So, you don't know that ABC covered up anything.

While I realize that people have the right to speculate about whatever they want for as long as they need to and pull theories/"answers" out of the air left and right, I find it weird that some people are still obsessed with unsubstantiated rumors about Jaleel as opposed to his dancing - which has been great. He is still a contestant on the show, despite several predictions a few weeks ago.

As for me, I'm against animal cruelty - which includes the beating of horses, dead or alive.
    Last edited by tango7; 04-26-2012 at 09:28 PM.
    RBmumsie, iwatchtv and Jaceegirl like this.

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

ITA, Tango7. If anyone was going to threaten a lawsuit, I think it would have been Kate G. Now THAT was some tension!

Jaleel's last dance was terrific and he & Kym seem to be getting along really well. I don't believe there was any "incident". It was probably a rumor generated by the tabloids to accompany Jaleel's ex-gf's slash job. Soooooo classy, damaging a guy's reputation for $$!
    fireflyer and tango7 like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    As for me, I'm against animal cruelty - which includes the beating of horses, dead or alive.
    LOL!!
    Allie likes this.

I don't know what happened. I personally don't get a good vibe from him, my opinion only. That being said, he is a good dancer. I just wanted to comment on the lawsuit angle - what would he claim if he filed a lawsuit? If they have videotape evidence of it happening, he can't claim that it didn't happen. He can't necessarily claim they were out to destroy his career - unless he can show that they were doing something with him that they hadn't done before. We all know that isn't true - there have been PLENTY of blow ups shown over the years. IF IT HAPPENED, they have chosen for one reason or another not to show it. Maybe he negotiated something in his contract that he wouldn't be shown in a bad light. I kind of doubt that. No offense, but he is not Gladys Knight, and he doesn't have the pull to demand something like that. Maybe it does show a bigger character flaw in him (like an anger management problem) that they don't want to further inflame. Maybe it really was nothing and they didn't want to fan the tabloid flames in light of the ex-gf's claims, so they left it out. All are possibilities - none are known for certain.
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread