+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Re: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

I couldn't agree more. I just don't like his attitude. I am not happy with the judge's getting to pick who goes for the next 3 weeks. This is to ensure that their favorites stick around and the people AMERICA voted for are gone.

Jaleel stayed because the dance off worked. Gavin may of had more fans, but he wasn't the better dancer was he?
    ness and MsDiva2007 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Jaleel stayed because the dance off worked. Gavin may of had more fans, but he wasn't the better dancer was he?
    I personally think he was better than Gladys, but that's my opinion. Jaleel was one of my favorites at the beginning, but he quickly became the one I don't like
    nanarama and ilja like this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I personally think he was better than Gladys, but that's my opinion. Jaleel was one of my favorites at the beginning, but he quickly became the one I don't like
    I am not a fan nor is he fave of mine .I was just saying the dance off worked.He does have fans on here, and I am sure they are happy
    MsDiva2007 likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

But this is the part of the show where America's voice actually matters in a season: it's obvious that neither Jaleel nor Gavin were going to win the season, so why not let America decide who they want to see perform again? It only gets dangerous when America keeps someone like Bristol in all the way to the semifinals/finals, but nobody seems to have that kind of fanbase edge this year, except maybe Gladys.

Why the show decided that the judges had to intervene now is kind of a mystery.
    combatcutie and nanarama like this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    But this is the part of the show where America's voice actually matters in a season: it's obvious that neither Jaleel nor Gavin were going to win the season, so why not let America decide who they want to see perform again? It only gets dangerous when America keeps someone like Bristol in all the way to the semifinals/finals, but nobody seems to have that kind of fanbase edge this year, except maybe Gladys.

Why the show decided that the judges had to intervene now is kind of a mystery.
    I dont know why either. The show decided, and they are going with it. If it backfires, they have only themselves to blame. OTOH we cant have it both ways. Bristol stayed( vote for your favourite) and pissed people off doing so, & better dancers went home. I don't know what the solution is .I guess they cant keep everyone happy.I tune in for the dancing, I enjoy dancing. Sometimes I vote, other times I cant be bothered. It is what it is, a reality dance show.Subject to changing the rules like most shows.
    Florimel and ness like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

I dont know why either. The show decided, and they are going with it. If it backfires, they have only themselves to blame. OTOH we cant have it both ways. Bristol stayed( vote for your favourite) and pissed people off doing so, & better dancers went home. I don't know what the solution is .I guess they cant keep everyone happy.I tune in for the dancing, I enjoy dancing. Sometimes I vote, other times I cant be bothered. It is what it is, a reality dance show.Subject to changing the rules like most shows.
    I just think it odd that 2 of the names they mentioned who "left too early" were partnered with Mark. (Sabrina and Kristen)

Quote Originally Posted by iwatchtv View Post
    I just think it odd that 2 of the names they mentioned who "left too early" were partnered with Mark. (Sabrina and Kristen)
    I didn't know that( nor do I care they went home early) , so I have no answer for that. Perhaps they want to keep good dancers around that have no fan-base? Katherine a lovely dancer, but she isn't known . This would keep her around for awhile.

Bristol was also partnered with Mark
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Regular

I didn't know that( nor do I care they went home early) , so I have no answer for that. Perhaps they want to keep good dancers around that have no fan-base? Katherine a lovely dancer, but she isn't known . This would keep her around for awhile.

Bristol was also partnered with Mark
    Yes, and Bristol was overscored on many of her dances. She should have left very early, but because the judges love Mark, she stayed around longer than she should have. The judges seem to forget that their scores are combined with the viewers votes to determine who stays and who goes. If the judges don't think they deserve to stay over someone who is a better dancer, why score them higher. I really think that Donald is a better dancer than his scores are showing, but the judges don't want him to win over Mark and Derek. BTW, I do think Derek is a wonderful choreographer and dancer. He works well with his partners. Mark, not so much!

I think Mark and Katherine are fabulous,

cheers
    -Andy Rooney-

Organizing my sock drawer RBmumsie's Avatar

I know that Jaleel has gotten a bad rap over the supposed "argument", that no one can prove happened, but I actually like the guy. I thought his comment that he & Maks got spray tanned together was funny and Jaleel can definitely dance. I don't think he's a strong enough contender to go all the way, but I'm enjoying his performance.
    MsDiva2007 and Jaceegirl like this.
    Well-Behaved Women Seldom Make History...Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

+ Reply to Thread