+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Re: Jaleel White & Kym Johnson - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    But didn't she threaten to leave the show, and parts of it were uncomfortable to watch. She finally seemed to settle down and enjoy herself when she practiced with one of the troupe and Derek

I still think there's a double standard, and I am no fan of Maks( even if it his show) .

Let's see what Monday brings
    You know what Fanny? I went and re watched that incident and it was uncomfortable to watch. That push to move her shoulder into place looked bad.

LOL! You're never gonna let him live that down, are ya? Made me giggle all the same.

I hope to watch the interview with Jaleel. They'll probably drag it out until the end of the 2nd hour tho.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

They're also teasing it on Good Morning America, which really sends up a red flag for me. I bet the GMA piece will be about a minute of the 20/20 piece that tells us nothing, and then the full piece will be Jaleel and Kym laughing it off and saying that all couples argue and then get over it and we're here to win and he/she's my best friend blah blah blah.

I'm not gonna play ABC's game, I'll wait and read about it here. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    They're also teasing it on Good Morning America, which really sends up a red flag for me. I bet the GMA piece will be about a minute of the 20/20 piece that tells us nothing, and then the full piece will be Jaleel and Kym laughing it off and saying that all couples argue and then get over it and we're here to win and he/she's my best friend blah blah blah.

I'm not gonna play ABC's game, I'll wait and read about it here. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    I wont be watching..
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I bet the GMA piece will be about a minute of the 20/20 piece that tells us nothing,
    There was no 20/20 piece - it was a commercial, a promo lasting less than 5 seconds.

Ah, so it's all on GMA -- thanks. Well, I still wonder how anticlimactic it will be.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion nanarama's Avatar

I did watch and it couldn've been more anticlimactic. In fact, one thing I'm wondering about is if all this is "blown out of proportion," why doesn't ABC show the video of what really happened to settle it once and for all? Is it because they're happy for the controversy it has created? And still I ask, why not show the video when it happened? They haven't shyed away from throwing people under the bus in the past for ratings. Why now?

The GMA piece mainly focused on his ex's comments, said he has Kym's support and then focused on their diet and Jaleel's weight loss and six pack. Very strange when it was touted as a response to the rumors of the rehearsal fight.

Very strange when it was touted as a response to the rumors of the rehearsal fight.
    I agree. What was promised in the promo is not what was shown - at all.

Never too old to Twinkle! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nanarama View Post
    I did watch and it couldn've been more anticlimactic. In fact, one thing I'm wondering about is if all this is "blown out of proportion," why doesn't ABC show the video of what really happened to settle it once and for all?
    To quote Dr. Phil, "People who have nothing to hide, hide nothing." Substitute "Networks" for "People" in this instance. If nothing did happen, they are doing Jaleel a disservice by not showing the tape to prove that. If something DID happen, they are insulting the intelligence of their viewers if they think they can get us to swallow their denials without proof . . . especially when it's very likely that proof (one way or the other) exists. Jaleel himself said that the cameras are there and running for the entire rehearsal time.

It brings to my mind how Tony D would simply smile and comment on how hard Khate was working during her season. He spent most of his time in Pennsylvania in the dance studio that ABC built in her basement so she could bank more on the charade that she's a loving mother who spends time with her children. It's only been recently (on Anderson Cooper's show) that after being prodded by AC, Tony alluded to the fact that it was a stressful situation.

I suspect that if we don't find out what really happened between Jaleel and Kym this season, the truth will come out at some later date.
    nanarama likes this.

I was watching tonight, ready to not like their dancing I thought they did pretty well
    Has he really not heard of Jagger? where does he live. I dont like him but the dancing was okay
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

No hint of the big dust up during the show. I don't really care--if Kym is okay with it, then okay with me.

I did, however, think of it a few times during the show, like when Mark was boxing. I wouldn't have guessed that Mark was into boxing, but seeing him at the gym made me see the rumored intervention with Jaleel in completely different light.

Before: I'm Mark and I'm going to get in between you two even if I get beat up (by Jaleel or Kym).

After: I'm Mark and I'm going to kick your butt!

I don't want to dwell on the rumored altercation--since we don't know details and as I said I don't care as long as Kym is okay with it--but I will point out that TPTB may not be doing him any favors by saying so little (actually nothing). If they did show something many people would see their dance this week as the successful recovery and vote to reward them. He could have become a fan favorite. We could start to believe in some chemestry between him and Kym. Instead they seem to be going thru the motions with a sign saying "nothing to see here, move along..." That can't be good for votes.

Dial Idol has him in bottom two. We will soon see.

+ Reply to Thread