+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas - Season 14

Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas - Season 14

Katherine Jenkins
    "The Sexy Soprano"

Pro: Mark Ballas

In case you were wondering who the world's most prolific classical crossover artist is, look no further than Katherine Jenkins!

The Welsh Mezzo Soprano has sold in excess of seven million albums since launching her career in 2004. An internationally recognized figure, Katherine, at the age of only 31, has become an ambassador and inspiration for millions of people around the world.

When she was 23, Katherine signed what was said to be the biggest ever UK classical recording deal; she has broken records becoming the fastest selling mezzo soprano ever, has released eight studio albums, has won two Classical BRIT awards and broken countless records with her albums going platinum around the world. She has performed with Placido Domingo and Andrea Bocelli, had lunch with and performed for the Queen and other members of The Royal Family as well as Prime Ministers and dignitaries around the world.

Having recently worked with internationally renowned producers including David Foster and John Shanks, Katherine's unique and timeless vocals have defined the genre. Known for her interpretations of popular songs, operatic arias and hymns, Katherine is also known for her long-standing work with the British Forces Foundation for which she is a trustee and has consequently made various trips to Iraq and Afghanistan to entertain the troops. This support for the troops has led her to being referred to as the Forces Sweetheart.

Cherished as one of Britain's favorite singers, Katherine has become one of our greatest musical exports. Now she's adding Dancing with the Stars to her already impressive list of accomplishments.

Cast Bios - ABC.com

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas - Season 14

I don't know anything about Katherine, but I'm always willing to give celebs I have never heard of a shot. She seems nice and definitely brings the pretty. I just wish we could eliminate her partner and pair her with someone else. Oh well, maybe Mark will actually go back to his days of the non-spats, non-overdance, non-MJ copying.

There's often a break out surprise, either with an unknown, or someone expected to tank and they wind up pulling off an impressive performance that turns former haters into fans. But this season, I'll be curious if that happens for the people with lesser known names. And I don't think Mark has the pull like other pros to keep them around.

I have changed my avatar in honor of Katherine's participation. It is a picture of the performance I recently completed that was skated to Katherine's lovely rendition of "La Vie En Rose".

I will be supporting Katherine in spite of her partnership with Mark in the fervent hope that her classy persona will rub off on him.
    karalott and Florimel like this.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Ugh, I am NOT happy Mark is back. He is so self absorbed. I will be changing the channel when he is on
    karalott likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Looks like Katherine is taking this seriously. She posted (and tweeted) this morning that she ran an 8K in the park prior to her training session with Mark.

8k in the park this morning ahead of day 4 training... Already started to ache in the strangest of places! #DWTS

I've already said my piece about being disappointed she is paired with Mark because I like her, and have a huge disdain for Mark because he tends to focus on self not partner, so I won't comment there.

That said, for those wondering or wanting to know a bit more about Katherine Jenkins, she sang last season on the show, and as far as acting, she was in the 2010 Doctor Who Christmas special "Doctor Who: A Christmas Carol." And for those who don't watch "Doctor Who" due to horror and such, this one is lighter in comparison and has only one "monster" to deal with. For those wondering, the issues one may worry about are
    Click to see Spoiler:
    an alien fish, and a ship that the Doctor's companions are traveling in could crash.

I swear though if she does very well and they win, I hope she makes sure she is the focus on the win and it's not another Ballas love fest.
    karalott likes this.

Looks like the tabloids are desperate for material again. They are trying to manufacture a showmance between Katherine and Mark. Both have denied the rumors. Katherine cited the fact that the rumors were starting when the team had only known each other for less than one day.

I will say that they look like they are getting along well though, with Katherine showing Mark around London after their rehearsals. Maybe she can instill some class and culture in him. I do have to say that he was still mugging the camera though. sigh

Mark was raised in London, wasn't he?

Anyway, I loved her participation as a singer on the show and can't wait to see her as a contestant.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Yes he was.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The Ballas family lived in London when Mark was growing up, and Derek and Julianne Hough lived with them while they were training with them, which is why they're so tight, and why Derek and Julianne somehow ended up in the first Harry Potter movie.

GSN is showing the S12 episode where Katherine sang this weekend. It's the "Classical Week" or whatever where they brought in the large orchestra for all the dances.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast