+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast
Like Tree151Likes

Thread: Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas - Season 14

Re: Katherine Jenkins & Mark Ballas - Season 14

It was a terrific dance they both, emphasis on both did so well .It was beautiful.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I really enjoyed Latin night and Katherine's AT in particular. Mark did a wonderful job of choreographing a classic Argentine Tango to traditional Tango music. I think that the Latin dances in particular benefit from a more traditional presentation of music than what is often presented on DWTS - especially the Argentine Tango and the Paso Doble. The inclusion of the Tango kicks in this choreography was very effective and set this dance apart from the other ATs presented this week. It is very difficult to synchronize the kicks as well as M&K did, and this is what led me to applaud this performance. I do think that Katherine's facial expressions could have been more intense to enhance the mood better. It was technically the best dance of the night IMHO.

I didn't get a chance to comment on last week's dance because of work obligations. I first have to say that I hate Rock and Roll week. I have nothing against R&R on it's own (like a lot of it), but some of the dances just don't come off well when set against heavy metal. From a dance standpoint M&Ks Paso Doble was a hot mess. Mark's choreographic foray into a martial arts motif didn't work at all. That is not even close to what a Paso is supposed to be about. It also didn't suit Katherine's strengths as a dancer or a person. As a result they got their lowest scores of the competition, and deservedly so.

For next week M&K are dancing the Samba. The Samba is more flexible in terms of what music can be effectively used. If Mark stays away from the gimmicks this could be a very good dance for them. Katherine has the foot speed and the hip action to keep up with the dance as she demonstrated effectively in week 2 with her jive.
    Florimel, fireflyer and ilja like this.

I didn't like Rock and Roll week .I think its a dance best kept for later, when they all know what they are doing. I look forward to Mark and Katherine's Samba , thanks for the heads up DancingDad
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Once again Mark couldn't control his hamming it up for the camera and taking the spotlight off his partner. She did an amazing job, but he is such an attention wh*re that you kind of don't even want to see them on tv
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I loved watching these two, loved it all .Does he over dance, yup! but boy does he choreograph to her strengths .She is a delight. I would love her to win

Katherine and Mark got some of my votes last night, which were richly deserved given the music they danced to was awful, just awful!

gochapgo and norealityhere like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

I saw Katherine perform in New York last year when she was doing concert tours with Andrea Bocelli. What a beautiful voice she has. I hate it that her dance partner is Mark. It's hard to pull for her and still hope Mark is voted off. He has always been my least favorite pro. She is a fantastic dancer to bad her partner couldn't have been Max, his brother or one of the other new male dancers. I would love to see Mark B. and Derek H. get bad dancers, wonder how good they could do with a non dancer slug? It's about time Tony is given a break the poor guy always gets slugs.

BTW
    FORT Fanatic

Me thinks... the judges know that Mark may not get audience votes as much as some of the others, thus another reason for scoring him high. The first reason, he is one of their obvious favorites.
    combatcutie likes this.

Maybe. I just think Katherine is a great dancer. I think others were underscored, but that does not downplay that she danced great.
    ilja likes this.

I think Katherine is a great dancer, but I do agree that Mark last night did not need to do the over the top antics because it is not needed with Katherine. I can see where that might turn some people off. I do think she was over scored or maybe some under scored. I find the judges so inconsistent that it is hard to tell sometimes. Again, she is great alone and at times during last night's show I did feel that Mark was up-staging her. I don't always feel that way, but just in last night's dance.
    AZChristian likes this.

FORT Fan

Has anybody ever photoshopped a montage of Mark's monkey faces?

+ Reply to Thread