+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree85Likes

Thread: Maria Menounos & Derek Hough - Season 14

Re: Maria Menounos & Derek Hough - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    He choreographed a number last year for SYTYCD and it bombed. I don't think he'll be invited back.
    OK now that's funny!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

I love Derek and Maria! Every time Maria laughs, I laugh!

But, I'm worried about her injuries. I think she will eventually have to leave because of them, which is a bummer!
    ilja likes this.

I'll be honest--I wish she WOULD leave. I injured my feet 20 years ago because I kept running past the point of injury, and that kind of damage sticks around forever. I have to be very careful about weight-bearing exercise because I'm so prone to re-injury. Stress fractures are not something to fool around with. Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders View Post
    I love Derek and Maria! Every time Maria laughs, I laugh!

But, I'm worried about her injuries. I think she will eventually have to leave because of them, which is a bummer!
    I think so to. I am sure the doctors are keeping a good eye on everyone's injuries. But I love how they seem to be having so much fun ( and they have good chemistry)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm SMH about Maria.

I honestly cannot believe --- even though I SAW it --- that she actually engaged in a dance routine with stress fractures in her feet. Sure, I really don't think that she would've gone out there without a doctor's OK (PERHAPS), but at that point, I've got to wonder what was going on with the doctor that OK'd her to do so (IF he/she DID). Maybe there's something on record somewhere that indicates that if she continued after his/her professional assessment of her injury, for her to continue to do so would be against his/her medical advice and opinion, and at HER own risk of further injury?

I've never (thank God!) had any broken/stress-fractured bone whatsoever, but if a doctor told me there would be a possibility of my completing a stress-fractured foot to a total break if I kept on going on it (and NOT just through DANCING on it!), pissed as I'd be about having to do so, I'd sit my rear end DOWN.

And, from what I remember seeing somewhere, she competed in some wrestling match/exhibition AFTER dancing this week?

If that's true, I just don't know about Maria.

SMH.
    Last edited by ness; 04-13-2012 at 03:41 PM.
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by ness View Post
    I'm SMH about Maria.

I honestly cannot believe --- even though I SAW it --- that she actually engaged in a dance routine with stress fractures in her feet. Sure, I really don't think that she would've gone out there without a doctor's OK (PERHAPS), but at that point, I've got to wonder what was going on with the doctor that OK'd her to do so (IF he/she DID). Maybe there's something on record somewhere that indicates that if she continued after his/her professional assessment of her injury, for her to continue to do so would be against his/her medical advice and opinion, and at HER own risk of further injury?

I've never (thank God!) had any broken/stress-fractured bone whatsoever, but if a doctor told me there would be a possibility of my completing a stress-fractured foot to a total break if I kept on going on it (and NOT just through DANCING on it!), pissed as I'd be about having to do so, I'd sit my rear end DOWN.

And, from what I remember seeing somewhere, she competed in some wrestling match/exhibition AFTER dancing this week?

If that's true, I just don't know about Maria.

SMH.

I agree. I've been injured just from training to run marathons, and it takes weeks to recover sometimes. If you don't take the proper time to recover, you will just hurt yourself worse in the long run.
    ness likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I have a stress fracture in my ankle and couldn't walk much less dance on it. Even if I tried I couldn't put any weight on it. It's been more than a month now and I still have to wear ankle protection and still not 100%. I can't imagine any DR saying 'go for it' to dance on a stress fracture even if it's a slight one.
    ness likes this.
    For most of history, Anonymous was a woman.
    - Virginia Woolf

Thanks, mesachick and beerbelly!

So I'm NOT crazy, after all!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

...I think she will eventually have to leave because of them,...
    I agree and think she should leave. Maria's just not thinking clearly right now, IMO. I'm pretty sure I've read that Jennifer Grey had to undergo surgery after DWTS because she ignored her injuries during the competition. If someone asked her about it now I wonder what she would say about continuing with the show while injured.

On another note, I cannot stand Maria's laugh. If I had to be around her for long periods of time I'd lose my mind. Yikes!

Didn't Ton DeLay have a stress fracture in his foot? He left the week he found out about it.

Then again he was an old man & not in the best shape, maybe it's different with Maris but who knows.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread