+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Martina Navratilova & Tony Dovolani - Season 14

Re: Martina Navratilova & Tony Dovolani - Season 14

I will have to DVR that. She's so great. I wish Gavin had gone first.
    karalott likes this.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

Thanks for the heads up, karalott! I love Anderson Cooper's talk show, so I probably would have been watching the show anyway, but now I'll make sure I tune in

I love how other news outlets have taken Tony's comments and turned them into headlines like "Tony needed therapy because of Kate Gosselin."
    karalott likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, karalott! I love Anderson Cooper's talk show, so I probably would have been watching the show anyway, but now I'll make sure I tune in

I love how other news outlets have taken Tony's comments and turned them into headlines like "Tony needed therapy because of Kate Gosselin."
    Would it be the news media if they didn't take that headline and run with it? I'm waiting for someone to seriously buy it and turn it into an even bigger story and make it sound like Tony was ready to run amuck among the DWTS ballroom. Actually, come to think about it, I remember Tony did a spoof during the results show leading up to movie week. "Glambo" where he basically ran around shirtless through the halls and parking lot of the studio, yelling his head off. That was probably getting the frustration out right there Poor Tony. I feel like that's the common theme every season for him. Before we even know who his partner is, it's always poor Tony. But no one deserved Kate. What a nightmare. At least her stint on the show is over so that's one reality star/tabloid trainwreck I don't have to worry about anymore.

And you're welcome! I also love Anderson Cooper, and am excited to see their interview with him. Some celebs seem ready to go or mentally checked out when they get eliminated, and I honestly thought Martina would be one of those. She gave it a try and conquered something new, but my heart breaks when I hear her and Tony talk about how much they wanted to stick around and prove themselves. Martina especially seems to think she let Tony and their fans down. What a classy lady. I wouldn't have minded losing Gavin. He's nice, and will probably benefit from the rumba next week and being in the bottom 2 this past week. But beyond that, I don't see him lasting much longer, or having any impact on the show. Even Jack, who I think is the next worse dancer, is having fun. And Melissa may be a nervous twig out there, but she and Maks seem to come alive in interviews and have great chemistry. I think everyone else, besides those 3, is probably safe to stick around awhile due to fanbases.

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs View Post
    I think Tony is the perfect partner for Martina and I enjoyed their dance.
    They were on Anderson show today. Now Martina is out of the competition, she is hoping one of her two female friends from the show -- either Sherri Shepherd or Gladys Knight -- will win the entire competition.

She thinks Katherine is a good dancer( and very sweet) and they mentioned Roshon.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Just watched the Anderson interview, now I feel bad for her all over again. Why couldn't World Peace or Shannon Doherty have been on this season so Martina could dance another week?? She sure picked the wrong season to decide YES!!
    Florimel likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

I wish we had heard more from her. I don't know/care about Kate Gosselin, but Anderson and Tony talking about that seemed mean spirited to me.

Its jmho, but they didnt even need to go there.Makes me wonder who else they all talk about once they are gone.
    -Andy Rooney-

I think Kate Gosselin is unique in that sense, one of very few contestants who it's been deemed okay to make fun of, like Master P.

And she made fun of herself in Jimmy Fallon's opening number for that year's Emmy Awards, although it being Kate, she probably saw the self-serving aspects of it when she agreed to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff View Post
    I think Kate Gosselin is unique in that sense, one of very few contestants who it's been deemed okay to make fun of, like Master P.

And she made fun of herself in Jimmy Fallon's opening number for that year's Emmy Awards, although it being Kate, she probably saw the self-serving aspects of it when she agreed to do it.
    Maybe so, I just thought it didn't look like the classy Tony I thought he was. A good teacher doesn't blame his student
    -Andy Rooney-

Well she was the only celeb he's had who got him so frustrated that he walked away from a rehearsal. And this is Tony, the "nice" pro.

She just wasn't able to get into the spirit of the show, maybe because she's not an entertainer -- she's used to acting a different way when cameras are following her.

Well he cant be all bad, in the photo of him and Kate he worse red spats, maybe he handed them over to Tristan

I still don't think it was fun to see two grown men, prattle on about KG. I doubt he's the only 'pro' to walk away out of frustration.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast