+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Martina Navratilova & Tony Dovolani - Season 14

Re: Martina Navratilova & Tony Dovolani - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    She can look elegant without the over the top glam look, easily. I bet we see that when she does the jive. The costumes are typically more casual with flat shoes.

I dress in a very masculine way, really. And I look feminine. I never wear dresses, only occasionally a black short skirt with leggings or tights but that is rare. Jeans and a t-shirt are pretty much it. I live in Florida and it is not a very unsophistocated state so all my funky stuff from New England looks odd down here. I do have some fancy shoes though.

They can make her look fabulous if they try a little.

I am off my soap box until I see her tonight. I may become agitated again.
    Maybe tonight they will tone it all down. If they have read what you said here, they will
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I think she looked absolutely lovely in week 1. I loved her hair and makeup, and I hope it stays that way for the dances that require that kind of look for as long as she is around. a sleek bun or chignon woud work fine with the tango.
    karalott likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

With that hair and makeup, I keep thinking how much she looks like Dinah Shore.
    Shoepie and MFWalkoff like this.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I hated what she wore, even more than last week. She walked more than she danced, but I cant help but like her.I have followed her tennis career, perhaps thats why. I really think she should be the one going home.I didnt think much of Tony's choreography. I loved it when he said it was Jive on a diet, given all that was missed .
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Poor Martina-everything was wrong about that dance tonight. I really don't think she's going to be any better if she were to stick around and learn. And, she'd have less than a week to rehearse for her next dance. Ballroom seems a better fit for her, but considering Tony seemed to dumb down her foxtrot choreography, maybe not. She'll have to do a latin dance again anyway. It'd almost be better to see her go out tomorrow, because I just think however many weeks she lasts will be a disaster like tonight. And the costuming department must have something against tennis players. I remember Monica Seles not looking so hot in her outfits, too.

FORT Fogey

Why oh why did they put that hideous costume on her? Do they hate her? Of all the female contestants, she's the one least likely to look good in something like that, except maybe for Gladys and Sherri. A red bra covered by a fishnet with hideous fringed pants? She definitely doesn't have the build or the personality to carry that off.

That costume was just unfair, given her build. (Not that I could see it looking good on anyone...) I just can't figure out why they dressed her like that.

I did like her reactions to the scores--she clearly still has the competitor in her!

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    That costume was just unfair, given her build. (Not that I could see it looking good on anyone...) I just can't figure out why they dressed her like that.

I did like her reactions to the scores--she clearly still has the competitor in her!
    Do we know who chooses the costumes, is it their partner, or do they choose. I cannot see Martina picking that out for herself.
    -Andy Rooney-

Last week we saw Chrissie Evert in the audience, this week it was Jimmy Connors. It made me think I'd enjoy seeing Jimmy try dancing. Good boy or bad, he was always highly entertaining on the tennis court and the fans loved him. I remember when Chris and Jimmy were briefly engaged.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I've enjoyed the tennis-star aspect of the show, too. I was literally a kid when these guys were at the top of their game, and I'm uncomfortably close to 50 now... Hadn't heard about Jimmy Connors in years, but he was all over the place in the '70s.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast