+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I hope she stops making references to Little House on the Prairie. She did it 3 times last night. That was a long time ago. Who are you now? I think she and Martina will be ther first to go.
    I didnt even listen to her . LOL Oh well , if that's what she is famous for I guess that's all she's got.

Maria and Melissa were not that great( no spark) they need to step it up I dont see them in the bottom two though jmo..As an aside, this season opener was very low in the ratings.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

^^^

"Entertainment Weekly's James Hibberd says the ratings dip for "DWTS" wasn't exactly a shocker. As he wrote:

The ratings drop is not really a surprise. The veteran reality show returned up against NBC’s fresher reality hit The Voice, and lacked buzz-worthy tabloid names this spring (Katherine Jenkins, William Levy, Melissa Gilbert, yawn… the secret to casting Dancing is having hot-button names like Bristol Palin, The Situation, Nancy Grace and Chaz Bono, celebrities that a large number of Americans have strong feelings about, positive or negative)."

Really? Bristol Palin and Nancy Grace were the reason people watched? Wow, they were the reason I almost didn't watch!
    Midol, Fanny Mare and Jaceegirl like this.

FORT Fogey

I bet Maks is disappointed he didnt get the opera singer!
    DancingDad and Jaceegirl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    ^^^

"Entertainment Weekly's James Hibberd says the ratings dip for "DWTS" wasn't exactly a shocker. As he wrote:

The ratings drop is not really a surprise. The veteran reality show returned up against NBC’s fresher reality hit The Voice, and lacked buzz-worthy tabloid names this spring (Katherine Jenkins, William Levy, Melissa Gilbert, yawn… the secret to casting Dancing is having hot-button names like Bristol Palin, The Situation, Nancy Grace and Chaz Bono, celebrities that a large number of Americans have strong feelings about, positive or negative)."

Really? Bristol Palin and Nancy Grace were the reason people watched? Wow, they were the reason I almost didn't watch!
    I think that's sad. We have to have controversial characters on a dance show in order for it to grab good ratings. And here I thought it was all about dancing
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    ^^^

I hate the fact that people like the Kardashians and Bristol are considered must see celebs (for the wrong reasons-don't people ultimately want to see them fail?) instead of people like Melissa, Katherine, and Sherri, who, you know, actually have done something to qualify as a star? The ratings were low, and on par with where last season ended up. But I hope this doesn't inspire future stunt casting and tabloid trainwrecks and offspring of reality show famewhores. This will be the first season in awhile where I haven't FF through anybody.
    Florimel, Bet2Win, Midol and 1 others like this.

I hope she stops making references to Little House on the Prairie. She did it 3 times last night. That was a long time ago. Who are you now? I think she and Martina will be ther first to go.

Since Little House is my all time favorite TV series and she will always be Half Pint to me. I could never tire of the Little House references, actually I would be very disappointed if she stopped.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Melissa hasn't been in a series recently, but she does made for tv movies and was President of SAG not too long ago! What about Jaleel's Urkel, Jack's Frisco/Peter, etc? Of course they are going to mention what shows they became famous for
    Florimel and AZChristian like this.

I'm actually a little worried for her & Maks. He has his own fanbase and she has her older fans, but she's coming across as nervous and a little flustered so far. She could be a surprise semi-early ouster if younger voting fans don't warm up to her...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." – Abraham Lincoln

I think she's safe for a few weeks just because Maks is so popular, but ITA that she'd better up her game. She definitely seemed nervous this week. Hopefully, she can come back next week and really perform. I think she has a lot of potential.

I'll be throwing all my votes to them for the time being. I always root for Maks, but I like Melissa a lot too.
    karalott, jucamer and Midol like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I didn't enjoy her appearance on DWTS as much as I thought, I guess because she was Melissa Gilbert instead of spunky Half-pint. Sorry to be so appearance-minded, but her plastic surgery and the hair dye is distracting me. And it sounded like she started giving a goodbye speech, twice. Maybe she knows something we don't? I don't even remember her dance. I think she did quite well for a middle-aged woman... she has kept herself in good shape. She would probably be a better dancer without the enhancements.

Selfishly, I would like to see her dance once with brown hair instead of red.

I was frustrated by Max last season, but I would like to see him go far this year (I think). I'm worried Melissa won't get many votes.

+ Reply to Thread