+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233 LastLast
Like Tree737Likes

Thread: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Re: Melissa Gilbert & Maksim Chmerkovskiy - Season 14

Little House was huge. Half-pint was adored. Perhaps it's a "thanks for the memories" vote. Add her fan base to Maks, and the result is never being in the dance-off. Now, we will have to wait and see how they fare tonight. DI has them listed as the only couple safe.
    jucamer likes this.

From the article:

"I was told a couple of times this season and past seasons – I’m not going to say who or when – but I was told that, 'Listen, you’ve got to relax. You have a participant. You don’t have a winner. You don’t have someone that’s going to go far,'

And we wonder about the scoring?
    karalott, Florimel, GabbyG and 2 others like this.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Bet2Win View Post
    From the article:

"I was told a couple of times this season and past seasons – I’m not going to say who or when – but I was told that, 'Listen, you’ve got to relax. You have a participant. You don’t have a winner. You don’t have someone that’s going to go far,'

And we wonder about the scoring?
    Poor Maks And no, I don't wonder about the scoring. Just confirms for me they already have it laid out before the season starts who they want to advance, even if the audience goes for someone else (but hey, that's what dance offs and WTA dances are for, to ensure the couples they want around get to stick around), and that they're probably hoping for some juicy Maks outbursts as a result.
    Florimel, Bet2Win, Alexxxx and 1 others like this.

"
    I was told a couple of times this season and past seasons Ė Iím not going to say who or when Ė but I was told that, 'Listen, youíve got to relax. You have a participant. You donít have a winner. You donít have someone thatís going to go far,'

I am not buying this and I call BS. Its his way of handling his poor behavior
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    "

I am not buying this and I call BS. Its his way of handling his poor behavior
    You think that AI is "fixed" so why not this show? It's the same type of show so it's entirely plausible.
    karalott, Florimel, GabbyG and 5 others like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    You think that AI is "fixed" so why not this show? It's the same type of show so it's entirely plausible.
    Exactly!!! If one show could be fixed that is supposed to be chosen by the audience, why not any other???
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

If I ever had any doubt of this show being fixed, even in season 12 when they had to toss Ralph Macchio out the door and hand Mark/Chelsea 3rd place because they couldn't do it on their own, this season confirmed it for me that there really is no fairness and it's not completely as black and white as they want to make it. I don't know if it's in their contracts or if the show just decides in advance who they think will make for better or prettier TV. Quite honestly, the two they settled on are the most boring this entire season. No matter how crazy they make the audience and judges go for them. If it looked like William and/Katherine were going to be out before the finals, I wouldn't be surprised for something else to be put in place to keep them in.

I have a feeling, years from now, when DWTS, AI, The Voice, etc., are off the air, and people are looking to cash in, we'll be getting some juicy behind the scenes details about how things really were rigged or heavily influenced to ensure outcomes.

I just noticed on IMDB that it is Melissa's birthday today. Happy Birthday wishes go out to her!
    JavaJo and iwatchtv like this.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott View Post
    I have a feeling, years from now, when DWTS, AI, The Voice, etc., are off the air, and people are looking to cash in, we'll be getting some juicy behind the scenes details about how things really were rigged or heavily influenced to ensure outcomes.
    I really don't buy into any of the conspiracy theories. If word got out that a fix was in it would kill the show - ABC's biggest cash cow. It just wouldn't be worth the risk to them. I will agree that technical problems could occur from time to time with the voting mechanisms. If they occur I don't think they are malicious.

As far a changing the format of the show with the dance-off goes my guess is that the producers had that little gem in their back pockets all along if the scores got too tightly bunched. That happened this year because the judges scored the first dance on the first show too high and had to score all the other dances relative to that one. I don't think the judges were too keen on having to do that either, but they set themselves up for it. If you think the producers wanted to get rid of someone they could have put the lowest scorer in the dance off. It didn't happen - further proof to me that no conspiracy exists.
    ilja likes this.

+ Reply to Thread